Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValeHundred

Novice Member
Jan 26, 2020
I vote no because I think it could have more details, as they said is like a copy of the maps already mentioned: Library and school, it is a good theme but I think that before creating a map you should see what maps already exist to make a unique theme, good job by the way! and take your comments as reconstructive advice. 😁

D

Deleted member 294498

I think that a mix of school and library would be really cool,
Tbh, it doesn't matter if it's kinda the same. It's still a complete new map and he
said he didn't copy anything. Maybe, by accident he built it like the two maps.

But I don't think that really matters. It's just the palette, which looks like it.
A yes from me ;)

Reactions: FireExcalibur10

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think you've taken inspiration from a few other maps that are currently on the network, or at least, it looks like that, but I don't see how that's necessarily an issue. This map is for a completely different game.

I think the spawn islands should be moved inwards in order to reduce the distance between them and the sub mid. It's quite a long distance as it stands right now.
7b4yfB6.png

I think the terrain variation on the spawn islands and sub mids will be an issue. (highlighted in red on the image)
aCWLnYT.png

What about stairs instead?

Overall, fairly good map! 👍

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I understand that people feel like it’s a mix of Library and School. I also think it’s a mix but is that really a bad thing? In my opinion, no. This map is built for Solo EggWars, which is different from Team EggWars and Team SkyWars. Besides, the map Bzz is also used for two different gamemodes (BlockWars and Lucky Islands). I personally don’t see anyone complaining about that. That could be because the map is exactly the same, but still.
The middle of the map may need some adjustments to make it a little more unique. Maybe add a lamp? I also think it’s better to remove the platform underneath the table because this could cause some camping or getting stuck there, which should be avoided. Other than that, it looks pretty cool!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I don't really know why people has always the mentality of thinking that map creators copy things from other builds, it quite seems that every map is analised minimally with a lens to find any tiny error in order to just let the creator down. It is not my case because as I already talked with @Riley about that and we both know how the design team works as they have the final choice about all the maps.
Its okay nobody thinks you copied the map. Its just that those two maps have similar palettes that they look similar

Nobody thinks you plagiarized or anything. Dont worry!

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Hello! Due to the feedback from some users I have made some modifications to the map. Added 4 more islands so now it's a 12 players map. Changed the slabs for stairs, moved inwards the starter islands @Riley . Removed the bottom of the mid map in case it causes camping and added a lamp on mid.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Inked2020-06-19_11.07.45_LI.jpg

The islands are too close to eachother (Are there like 10 blocks of distance between each island?) and the player who spawns in the middle island would probably be targeted by 2 players as it would be easier to rush a player than to go to the sub-central island.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
View attachment 168224
The islands are too close to eachother (Are there like 10 blocks of distance between each island?) and the player who spawns in the middle island would probably be targeted by 2 players as it would be easier to rush a player than to go to the sub-central island.
They are 15-16 blocks away from each other, same distance as the sub mid island.

marcmq

May 26, 2020
London
It's a running theme now. Good map but similar themes are getting old. I voted yes because I think it would make for interesting gameplay but I'm close to reversing that vote because its so similar to other maps. Good work though try something completely new maybe in future?

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
At first the map was great to me. But the more I looked at it, it looked like a mix of Library and School. You already got lots of comments about that so I'm not going to say much about that part. The map needs something that makes it great that is not part of school or library. Maybe a bed or hammock or even a giant pillow with a stuffed bear. And imo the lamp to me needs fixing if you are going to keep it. It could be bigger to make the size more realistic and to me it looks like a light pole and not a lamp.

Overall the map is good and not bad. Give yourself a pat on the back. I love the beds and the books with the Cube logo on it.

Joggg

Novice Member
Nov 24, 2016
The Netherlands, Brabant Jonguh!
I dont see no further issues or problems then adding it right away! Looks amazing but as Priley said ur inspiration might be from a other map on the network, I dont see any trouble in that yet so far since its a other gamemode 👆
Looking forward seeing u in the designer team again 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom