Status
Not open for further replies.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
And I mean one report per game type of thing, so no spamming.
One report per game type?
I'm assuming you mean that a player gets the ability to report one player every game he/she plays (correct me if I'm wrong).
How would this work for staff members? It's not easy for them to deal with a system like this. Many games will be played during the whole day. If they can't handle all the player reports atm, then how will they handle I don't even know how many in game reports?

It's simply an impossible thing to ask for.

popofcolour

Aug 12, 2016
I know it's really annoying to play against hackers.
Just try to make a competition out of it: catch and ban as much hackers as you can and try to kill some hackers :)
Don't get too frustrated when you notice a hacker in your game. Games can turn out full with excitement and fun moments when there is a hacker included!
Don't give up too fast ^_^
No, there isn't anything fun about someone flying around to destroy all of the eggs. And there also isn't anything fun about taking time out of my day to upload a video to youtube. So if you know a good egg wars server that has no hackers on it that would be greatly appreciated, and I will return to cubecraft once the anti-cheat is more stable. Which is sad, since it is such a good server

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
No, there isn't anything fun about someone flying around to destroy all of the eggs. And there also isn't anything fun about taking time out of my day to upload a video to youtube. So if you know a good egg wars server that has no hackers on it that would be greatly appreciated, and I will return to cubecraft once the anti-cheat is more stable. Which is sad, since it is such a good server
Cubecraft is the only server which gives players the ability to play eggwars.
On a side note: I never said that encountering hackers is a fun thing

Reactions: Firewand

popofcolour

Aug 12, 2016
One report per game type?
I'm assuming you mean that a player gets the ability to report one player every game he/she plays (correct me if I'm wrong).
How would this work for staff members? It's not easy for them to deal with a system like this. Many games will be played during the whole day. If they can't handle all the player reports atm, then how will they handle I don't even know how many in game reports?

It's simply an impossible thing to ask for.
I mean that a report will go through against one player per game they play. And they could filter a higher number as well. And like I said, they might need to hire more staff or put notices in game for people to apply for staff. Something like a huge "NOW HIRING" will draw more attention.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean that a report will go through against one player per game they play. And they could filter a higher number as well. And like I said, they might need to hire more staff or put notices in game for people to apply for staff. Something like a huge "NOW HIRING" will draw more attention.
There are enough players who apply for staff. Trust me that's not the issue. The main issue is the maturity and responsibly of the player who applied.

I feel like a tape recorder which is starting over again right now so I will leave this part for what it is.

popofcolour

Aug 12, 2016
There are enough players who apply for staff. Trust me that's not the issue. The main issue is the maturity and responsibly of the player who applied.

I feel like a tape recorder which is starting over again right now so I will leave this part for what it is.
Alright but I'm just trying to offer any suggstions that seem to all be shut down fairly quickly. Hopefully the cubecraft staff will see this and will get an idea for stopping hackers that works better than the one they have now.

Reactions: zDutchie

BeenGaming

Aug 21, 2016
If your wondering how this whole hacker problem in eggwars started ill tell you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It started when youtubers recorded eggwars which they called it money wars and the youtubers who did this was
BajanCanadian,Preston,JeromeASF,NoochM,PeteZuhHutt,etc. And eggwars started trending and there were alot more players in lobbys. the hackers didn't appear at this time. Hackers started flooding eggwars lobbys becuase a 1.10 hacked client came out and it was sold to the public which then they started hacking blah blah blah yatatatata you get the point. i just keep spotting hackers game after game. Fly hackers.Anti-Knockback hackers.Fast build and stuff. its just not fun and me and my friend the_italian_bros says he hates this because he wants to be better at the new combat system but hackers just keep ruining the experience for him. EVEN ME! my fun gets destroyed with all of these hackers.there are even hackers in skywars. I hope cubecraft fixes this problem but i don't think they can because 1 minecraft alt is $5 dollars.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
We are aware of the situation involving the numerous hackers on the server. We are working our hardest to get the situation under control. We have a custom anti-cheat system in the works, as well. With the network being so large, you would think a solution would be to add more staff. Well, that's not the best solution. More staff doesn't instantly make things better. We can't snap our fingers and make the situation instantly go away.

If you would like to help combat the hackers, I suggest recording them and reporting them on the forums. I know you said it was inconvenient, I don't believe it is. I understand that it takes time to do but if you are really upset about it then you can help us out any way you can.

As for a command to get rid of them, like /votekick/ban, it can be abused. Also, if it's based on votes, people are just going to bandwagon without even seeing if the player really does hack. Or they will abuse and get someone banned/kicked because they don't like them or for some other ridiculous reason.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I feel like everyone needs to give time for the new system to kick into action. In the long run i feel like it will help a lot but too many people are focused on the first 1 week ban. It does sound like a bad idea when you think of it by its self Its obviously been thought about a lot. Me personally thinks the report system needs to have a little more attention because i have so many unanswered reports but i think that's just coming with adjusting to the new system. I think things will eventually come together and get better once it has been in place a while.

A /votekick command would be good if you could guarantee that it wasn't going to be abused and you have to realize its not only the players who are playing legit who can use it.

Reactions: Snodia

OfficialXKG

Nov 21, 2016
sweden
in other servers (no names) i have see many hakers but on cubecraft i have seen 0 hakers1
so yea its not a problem for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom