Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rushaan

Sep 9, 2021
India
Maybe add an option to delete your reply on the forums. Not the actual message that starts a thread but an option to delete your reply on anyone's message. If the mods have a problem with this because they have to see the messages then maybe a log that can display the deleted messages of that particular thread. This feature for logs for each thread won't make it too complicated

As some of you guys have mentioned, there can also be a time limit to delete that message like 10-15 seconds, so that this feature won't get abused

This can also be helpful as if people write messages which weren't meant for, or maybe write messages and not realize that the thread was 3 weeks old, then they would get banned/warned on rule 3.8.
Although we can ask mods to remove our messages, asking them takes some time, and deleting the messages takes more, till then another mod can come and warn/ban the user.

This suggestion doesn't have any disadvantages except being a bit hard to implement.
So, I suggest that, whenever there will be a forums update(likely won't happen soon), rather a big update with many features, then it would be great to add this small little feature as well!

It's a simple yet effective suggestion, If you have another opinion or perspective then feel free to reply :)

Last edited:

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe add an option to delete your reply on the forums. Not the actual message that starts a thread but an option to delete your reply on anyone's message. If the mods have a problem with this because they have to see the messages then maybe a log that can display the deleted messages.
This might be too complicated for the devs, but its a nice feature

This can also be helpful as if people write messages which weren't meant for, or maybe write messages and not realize that the thread was 3 weeks old, then they would get banned/warned on rule 3.8

It's a simple yet effective suggestion, If you have another opinion or perspective then feel free to reply :)
Maybe also there can be a delete cooldown?

Reactions: Rushaan

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Maybe add an option to delete your reply on the forums. Not the actual message that starts a thread but an option to delete your reply on anyone's message. If the mods have a problem with this because they have to see the messages then maybe a log that can display the deleted messages.

This can also be helpful as if people write messages which weren't meant for, or maybe write messages and not realize that the thread was 3 weeks old, then they would get banned/warned on rule 3.8

oh yes please, I'd like to make a drama, delete my messages and act like I'm the victim 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 99th_DutchVoid

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I agree with your suggestion, anyhow, don't be afraid of accidentally posting a message in a thread that has been inactive for over 3 weeks, if you react fast you can just contact a staff member about it to avoid a punishment. I personally just look up the date of the latest post of the thread so I'll be sure! But as I said at the beginning, I agree!

Maybe also there can be a delete cooldown?
That should also be a thing of course! I'd say ten seconds are enough, that's my opinion 👍

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think implementing this would harm anyone, so on that side, it's an agree from me.
It would indeed be a nice little extra feature if members would be able to do this.

However, this feature could easily be abused as well. For example, people who are consciously breaking forum rules can delete their messages and act as nothing happened. You suggested creating a log for staff to prevent this, but I think this would only make moderation on the forums more complicated for them.

don't be afraid of accidentally posting a message in a thread that has been inactive for over 3 weeks, if you react fast you can just contact a staff member about it to avoid a punishment.

As Herausgefunden said, you can just contact a staff member if you accidentally posted something in the wrong place. For those few occasions someone wants their message deleted, I think it would be way easier to just message the staff instead of making them have to go through those logs, as more messages will be deleted and people might get less aware of what they post if this feature gets implemented.

I get where you're coming from tho, I wouldn't mind such a feature either. But when viewed from a broader perspective, I get a bit more doubtful.

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think implementing this would harm anyone, so on that side, it's an agree from me.
It would indeed be a nice little extra feature if members would be able to do this.

However, this feature could easily be abused as well. For example, people who are consciously breaking forum rules can delete their messages and act as nothing happened. You suggested creating a log for staff to prevent this, but I think this would only make moderation on the forums more complicated for them.

As Herausgefunden said, you can just contact a staff member if you accidentally posted something in the wrong place. For those few occasions someone wants their message deleted, I think it would be way easier to just message the staff instead of making them have to go through those logs, as more messages will be deleted and people might get less aware of what they post if this feature gets implemented.

I get where you're coming from tho, I wouldn't mind such a feature either. But when viewed from a broader perspective, I get a bit more doubtful.
Or they can make a certain message deletion request support thread and that makes the response faster...

• Agree
Reactions: Frontlane

Rushaan

Sep 9, 2021
India

oh yes please, I'd like to make a drama, delete my messages and act like I'm the victim 😈
No, but as i said the mods and the staff team can see the logs of that particular thread and see which messages were deleted

I agree with your suggestion, anyhow, don't be afraid of accidentally posting a message in a thread that has been inactive for over 3 weeks, if you react fast you can just contact a staff member about it to avoid a punishment. I personally just look up the date of the latest post of the thread so I'll be sure! But as I said at the beginning, I agree!

That should also be a thing of course! I'd say ten seconds are enough, that's my opinion 👍
Yeah, thats a better idea, there should be like a time limit of 10-30 seconds to delete it.

I just saw xPerhaps opinion and i thought it was pretty good about adding a time limit to the message deletion.
And about you logs opinion, it can also be prevented by adding a option to every thread to see the logs (staff can see only). So there wouldn't be a big section for logs which will make it to clumsy and filled, each thread will have its own logs section will make it neat and easy to handle.

This is why i asked you guys to share your opinion... So many better ideas already :)

Reactions: Herausgefunden
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Kazwa's profile.
hai kasper hows your day :3
UncleSpect wrote on xNessus's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
qKhalidd wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy birthday!
Hqteful wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!