Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I have an idea for a new sword!
It's a slowness sword. (wooded sword as I think iron would be too much with the slowness effect) When used you give all players who are at max 5 blocks in front of you slowness (I) for 5s.
When breaking the luck block it would make the poof* particle in combination with the sound that plays when walking over soul sand (can't find the Minecraft id). The cooldown on the sword would be 10s (thx @ValentinoGV_ for reminding me of that!)
With command blocks (and functions) I made a little preview of how it would look like. With amazing written explanation.
The explanation is horrible! Oops
In the video I used a carrot on a stick for technical reasons. I also hid the slowness particles on accident so that's why don't see them. :p

I'm good at making the stuff, not presenting them. Never mind that, what do you guys think?
~Fesa

Last edited:

kruisboogaapje

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
It's a slowness sword. (wooded sword as I think iron would be too much with the slowness effect) When used you give all players who are at max 5 blocks in front of you slowness (I) for 5s.
When breaking the luck block it would make the poof* particle in combination with the sound that plays when walking over soul sand (can't find the Minecraft id).
With command blocks (and functions) I made a little preview of how it would look like. With amazing written explanation.
In the video I used a carrot on a stick for technical reasons. I also hid the slowness particles on accident so that's why don't see them. :p
I'm good at making the stuff, not presenting them. Never mind that, what do you guys think?
~Fesa

It's a very cool idea. Maybe you can just add it like a carrot-on-stick item. You probably only use it for slowing people down. I see no point in using a sword, but still cool!:)

D34DZ3R0

Apr 2, 2020
This could be useful, but probably would need a decent-length cooldown like 20-30 seconds.

Reactions: Fqnta

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
The idea itself is very creative and good, though this is sadly nothing I personally would like to see.

In any pvp gamemode and actually especially Lucky Islands people will sometimes have to run and regen health or just in general take distance from a fight due to all the stuff you can get in lucky blocks. So in my opinion, this would be way too op as slowing someone down for 5 seconds is more than enough to kill them and they got no chance at all to get away.

While running because you’re low, there’s countless of things you can do such as block trap, turn around and shoot the player behind you, throw slimes at them ect and it would take away the fun of doing that.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The idea itself is very creative and good, though this is sadly nothing I personally would like to see.

In any pvp gamemode and actually especially Lucky Islands people will sometimes have to run and regen health or just in general take distance from a fight due to all the stuff you can get in lucky blocks. So in my opinion, this would be way too op as slowing someone down for 5 seconds is more than enough to kill them and they got no chance at all to get away.

While running because you’re low, there’s countless of things you can do such as block trap, turn around and shoot the player behind you, throw slimes at them ect and it would take away the fun of doing that.

A potential solution is making it a nearly worn out wooden sword with 10-15 second cooldown on crazy mode? Could balance it out?

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
A potential solution is making it a nearly worn out wooden sword with 10-15 second cooldown on crazy mode? Could balance it out?
Possibly, that could work but in my opinion it would still take away a lot of the fun with Lucky Islands since it would be impossible to get away from someone with that sword.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Possibly, that could work but in my opinion it would still take away a lot of the fun with Lucky Islands since it would be impossible to get away from someone with that sword.

True, whist on the flipside I have had chaces that have lasted quite a while and had people who just kept getting away and making it very difficult to finish them off. At this point I'm for whatever is decided about this idea, added or not.

Reactions: Rawrbin

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Balancing is not too important on Lucky Islands. It’s a game about luck. Making it a stone sword that does 5 seconds of slowness 1 (or less) per hit is a good idea.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
This is a great idea, I'm completely on board, however, some changes need to be made to stop this from being op. Maybe less of a reach and high rarity, maybe this shouldn't even be a sword. I think a slowness wand would be much more in the theme of Lucky Islands.

decobra

Novice Member
May 21, 2017
I think it’s a good idea but maybe that you can only effect one player per time. And a cooldown otherwise it would be able too be too op

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
When breaking the luck block it would make the poof* particle in combination with the sound that plays when walking over soul sand (can't find the Minecraft id). The cooldown on the sword would be 10s (thx @ValentinoGV_ for reminding me of that!)

~Fesa
I like your idea.

ForGiveQueen

Novice Member
Jan 12, 2020

~Fesa
That would be funny! xD

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
As much as I dislike that my idea hasn’t gotten so much attention. The rules say that you shouldn’t reply to a thread that’s older than 3 weeks :(

Reactions: Fqnta

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
That would be funny! xD
Please do not necro-post, it's against the rules:
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

And also locking the thread as requested by thread owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
Top Bottom