Did you find this helpful?

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone!
Slime Survival was just the featured game and I have now played more than three thousand games of it (this includes Snowman Survival) and I figured I should share some of this experience with you. I have made three other threads on Slime Survival tips and I decided to make a fourth because I often find games too easy. Here are my other threads:
15 ways to get better: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/15-ways-to-get-better-at-slime-survival.205471/#post-973666
Snowman Survival powerup tips:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tips-for-using-powerups-in-snowman-survival.215447/
Slime Survival powerup tips: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-powerups-in-slime-survival-well.205820/
Instead of general tips and using powerups, I decided to do evading powerups this time.
This thread is made for both new players who want to find out some of the basics and for experienced players looking for a boost to the skill they already have. It will talk about the powerups that harm slimes, but not the ones that boost players instead.

General
Before we get into each individual powerup, I would like to do an overview about everything. First of all, I know I said this in two out of three of my other threads, but I say it again: Never show your powerup until you use it. Keep the second slot in your hotbar selected, then switch to the powerup and use it. I say this in a thread about evading powerups because if you're a slime and you see someone's powerup, you know what to expect.
If you see someone's frost sword, you will know you should keep a safe distance from the player. Also, slimes can't see powerups but when a player collects a powerup, slimes can see the firework explosion. Often, the firework color is the same color as the name tag of the powerup. You can see the firework explosion and see what the player has. However, the firework color is the same for many powerups. For example, Instant wall, Decoy, and Leap are all dark green.

Frost Sword
If you see a Frost Sword in a survivor's hand, the best strategy is to attempt a shot at them, and if it's freeze tag mode and you're close to them or they start chasing you, run! If you're playing in normal mode, you'll just have to be frozen, as players have speed effect in this mode.

Gravity Explosive
The gravity explosive is a lot more complicated to avoid than Frost Sword.
If you see one, you must think really fast! If you can get through it in time, go through it. It may boost you towards the player that used it. If you can't get through, take a step away and go around it.

Fireball
This one is the simplest slime-hitting powerup to evade, but sometimes the hardest. Often, players throw one fireball at a time, which isn't the best way to do it. One fireball at a time is easy to dodge, just move to the side. But when players like me that know one fireball is easy to dodge throw three fireballs at a time, then it gets harder. Try to find a gap between the fireballs and get through.

Slime Trap
This one is so easy to avoid. Just don't step on an iron pressure plate... No, there's more than that. Technique... Players will often place Slime Traps on white blocks such as snow and iron blocks. Look out for those! Also, players like to try to place slime traps right under you so you'll land on them. Don't get too close!

Spider Web Bomb
I don't have much to say for this one. If a player hides their powerups, this one can be pretty sudden! If you could be higher than the ground, get higher. This is the easiest way to avoid Spider Web Bomb.

Slime Puncher
This is quite the simple powerup. It's a bow that shoots three arrows, each sending hit slimes flying. Players must charge the bow before shooting it, so you have time to react. Go just a little to the side of where they're aiming. If you do it right, you'll be able to go between the arrows.

I know I missed nine powerups, but I did all the ones that harm slimes instead of boosting players. Is it possible to evade Jump Boost?
Powerups not listed above:
Shield
Instant Wall
Leap
Blink
Speed
Jump Boost
Decoy
Survivor Recover Wand
Survivor Recover Grenade
Let me know if there are any slime-hitting powerups I missed!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom