Should this be implemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
This is a repost with my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/279947/ . This is to be in line with the new suggestions system.

Hi gamers, I have a simple/not so simple suggestion of porting Slime Survival to the bedrock network.

I’ve always said that non-pvp oriented games on bedrock would just be another line dash, however I believe Slime Survival will see different results. During the winter season Snowman Survival had about 700-1500 players on it at a time if I remember correctly. Since these two are essentially the same thing I believe it would work well on the Bedrock network, and I’d enjoy playing since it’s a featured game on java, however I don’t think input based matchmaking should find its way here too, as it’s not pvp oriented.

(Please actually create discussion :( last time was not fun)

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
more non-pvp games is acctually a great way of calling those players that dont like pvp, making so cubecraft have many kinds of games, to many different people

personally i dont know what slime survival is, but as u said it looks like snowman survival
In general, adding other java games to the bedrock network would be great!

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
If this were to be added, it could be added in to a new lobby called Arcade Games. In arcade games there could be many more casual games. Such as minerware, among slimes, tower defense, colony control, slime survival and spleef.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I loved snowman survival so much, the aiming the planning the running and hiding, it is one of the few games where I have found being the hunter and the prey are both fun.

I feel this would take away the excitement for the winter games if you do this.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mivke and Dualninja

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I loved snowman survival so much, the aiming the planning the running and hiding, it is one of the few games where I have found being the hunter and the prey are both fun.

I feel this would take away the excitement for the winter games if you do this.
I don’t think this would take excitement away, there are plenty of other things in the winter event and they could always change it to snowman survival for the event.

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I would like to see this, I personally love Slime Survival (probably my favourite minigame hehe) so I would love to see it on bedrock. ^-^

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
It's a very good idea, I think you're quite right. I've played these game modes several times, and in Bedrock it could look even better, as there are many more players.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Pineapple, thanks for your suggestion.

In order for a game to become permanent on CubeCraft we have to prove that it can last a long period of time without becoming stale, so they can stand on their own legs for an extended period of time between updates without becoming boring, generally interesting open-ended gameplay does this.

Slime Survival for me personally is just barely on the line of being in this category but not further enough that we'd want it on the server.

Both examples of Slime Survivals player count are where it hasn't been on the server in an extended period of time, featured games it comes every 1-2 weeks, thus all the players who haven't played it since then haven't become bored of it. As well as Winter Games on Bedrock where it returns once a year, thus generating a huge player count for what it is. Both caused by a lack of availability, people become desperate to play it again.

This is the essence of why featured games exist, we compress the player base into a shorter period of time, causing more players to be playing it at once.

Pros:
  • Our most successful arcade-style game next to Minerware, has an okay semi-permanenplayer count on both Java as Slime Survival and Bedrock as Snowman Survival.
  • Overall a fun party game, a good experience for first players.

Cons:
  • Gameplay is not the same as Snowman Survival, Snowman Survival puts a larger focus on powerups, the snowman is more overpowered and requires less skill but the players get more powerups to defend themselves. Slime S requires much more skill and accuracy, which doesn't work well for the many devices on Bedrock.
  • This game would take a slot on our already pretty full Bedrock game selection, a spot that could belong to another game in the future.
  • Difficult to update due to being a very simple party game, meaning it is destined to grow stale.
  • Would remove Snowman Survival from the Winter Games cycle, meaning we'd need to replace one of our major games in Winter for something else or nothing.

I'm going to go ahead and deny this suggestion as it's not something we're strongly considering anytime soon for the reasons listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom