• Make them less powerful than they are said to be below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Many people probably know what Slime Survival is. For those who don't, it's basically a game based on infection, but the "infectors" throw slimes at survivors instead of hitting them with a melee attack. It has powerups which spawn to help the survivors survive.
These powerups can be very unbalanced. For example, the shield powerup gives immunity while it is being held until it is hit by a slime, and broken. (Players can select a different hotbar slot to avoid the timer ticking.) However, the slime trap powerup is a pressure plate that can be placed that if slimes walk over it, they are trapped in iron bars for 7 seconds. But since it can be seen, it can easily be avoided. In fact, players without speed effect (which are the slimes) can jump clean over two pressure plates. Two takes skill but one is easy. They can usually walk around them, too.

Here are some suggestions for making them more balanced:

Frost Sword: Perhaps make the time a bit shorter. It's currently 7 seconds, maybe 5 would be good. The Frost Sword can be hidden from slimes' view and pulled out to take the slime by surprise. 7 seconds seems like too much.

Shield: The timer would be better at around 10 seconds, but it would probably be better to make the timer get shortened by 5 seconds when the shield is hit instead of going straight to one.

Instant Wall: This powerup is already fairly well balanced, but it might be better to widen it one block.

Decoy: This powerup is way too overpowered. The timer should be shortened to 20 seconds or less.

Fireballs: Add a fourth fireball.

Speed/Jump Boost: Increase the effect duration by a second or two, but make the timer add less extra time when one of these is picked up by a player who already has one.

Leap/Blink: Slightly decrease how far the player moves when using further up than down so it is harder to get away from the slime by simply skipping a parkour.

Slime Trap: Make it invisible. Its visibility makes slimes easily able to avoid it.

Slime Puncher: Add two extra arrows so it shoots five, preferable in a + formation instead of -.

Slime Blinder Bomb: Either make the lingering potion effect bigger by adding more lingering potion splashes, or make it invisible to slimes.

Spider Web Bomb: Add an extra block to its radius.

Survivor Recover Wand: Decrease the range. Its range is too long.

Survivor Recover Grenade: Decrease the range of the explosion. The explosion is so big that recovering 2-3 survivors at once is not hard.

These are my suggestions for the powerups to make them more balanced. With these updates, someone may consider taking a slime trap powerup instead of shield or decoy. The powerups could also be made to all be the power of a slime blinder bomb (which is almost the worst powerup). Let me know in the poll above!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flqris

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Some power ups are good some aren't. I dont see any use in slime puncher, cobwebs or fire ball. Most ofthe time its just a useless power up. Now the other ones I think are good and somewhat balanced. But slime really needs an update rather than little fixes. Meaning change a few things and make it more intersting and fun (and more maps).

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom