• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaspox

May 13, 2015
Map name: Supernova
Creator: Vaspox
Map description:
Supernova is an 8-player solo skywars map, sharing it's look with the now-gone galaxy map. Standard time of day would be Night, for aesthetics.

Each player starts on an island with 3 chests; 1 on the outside, on top of the planet, and 2 on the inside. Additionally, 8 wood logs, some stone, 4 iron ore and 1 diamond ore (hidden within the stone behind the logs) can be found on each island. The small moon is there to provide cover or a vantage point. the rings are mostly aesthetic but seriously reduce the risk of getting knocked of the island in a couple hits, as its top surface is not very big. The gap between the islands is moderately big, but not too big to make bridging unvible. (See added images for clarification)

The center (the exploding sun) contains 7 chests. 2 on top, 4 in the center, and one "hidden" below the central pedestal. The center also has an enchantment table. 4 curved bridges lead from the outside top corners to the middle. The side of the sphere is riddled with solar flares (orange-and-the-like glass) to provide both a saving grace, aesthetics and points to decrease bridging distance, as the island are placed moderately far from the middle.

The outer ring of 'astroids' is meant to provide an alternative to the intermediate island which are obviously missing here. The are 4 chests, evenly spaced and somewhat hidden from the islands, on it. It can be reached after only placing a few block, but traversing it is tricky, as it has a lot of gaps and height variation.

Top View and spacing:
TpSOWxI_d.jpg

vQrlHfD_d.jpg

ld99oLx_d.jpg

Center Island:
C2NZ6GV_d.jpg

mxhIejr_d.jpg

QsMtlZL_d.jpg

53JaKue_d.jpg

UZN5nR6_d.jpg

Entrances to center:
L3iJlYb_d.jpg

Rn7Fk9D_d.jpg

Starter islands:
jKZr6uM_d.jpg

FL99PFP_d.jpg

JdIkc0q_d.jpg

17OdrgT_d.jpg

Oi2PlaO_d.jpg

If the images do not work:
https://imgur.com/gallery/jZC9Y1H

Last edited:

Shubba

Jul 26, 2019
I would like if you made a teams version, I voted yes and also maybe there should be a rocky circle part around the middle

Reactions: LBos

Vaspox

May 13, 2015
I would like if you made a teams version, I voted yes and also maybe there should be a rocky circle part around the middle
If a teams version is more wanted than a solo map, then I'll make efforts to (re)build it!

Reactions: Shubba

Vaspox

May 13, 2015
Cubecraft already had a Space map for Skywars, it almost looks the same, but good job! :)
Does it now? I know it had one (=>Galaxy) but that one has been removed (i assume because it was not the most balanced map)

It didn't list a space map when I checked, unless I'm blind, of course...

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'd recommend you take screenshots with the pre 1.14 texture pack as that's what most players play with.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This map looks great and all but it’s not where it needs to be for a CubeCraft map.

The islands are small and don’t have the best PvP room. You can easily camp on them and bowspam the ever loving hell of bridgers to mid or other islands. But even that’s difficult to do because islands are really really far apart and that’s an issue because it leads to camping and long boring games. The outer ring in the back appears to be a death sentence because there is little cover and even if you did get there many people would camp or hide there. Middle is small and flustered and very annoying to have to navigate with the bright colors. That is if you can make it.

Although it looks cool and is an interesting concept I voted no. I’d very much like to see this map improved as I like it but it just wouldn’t work. Thanks and have a good day!

Pedroo

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
I'm pretty sure I have played this map in other server but I couldn't find it online so I don't have any proof. Any way I'll say no because the islands are far away from each other and the map doesn't seem to be good for pvp.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Vaspox

May 13, 2015
I'm pretty sure I have played this map in other server but I couldn't find it online so I don't have any proof. Any way I'll say no because the islands are far away from each other and the map doesn't seem to be good for pvp.
I'd be surprised if you had found it anywhere else than here or imgur :p
I'm pretty sure I build it ;)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

You know this map does look familiar but I don’t remember where I saw it.

@Borgnath your great at exposing people. Got anything?

Reactions: Pedroo

Vaspox

May 13, 2015
You know this map does look familiar but I don’t remember where I saw it.

@Borgnath your great at exposing people. Got anything?
It looks incredibily similar to the Galaxy map that used to be in the map rotation for Solo Skywars. I purposefully used the same designstyle as I really liked it (as was with the entire map, I was decently good on it :) )

I can promise you, however, that this has been made by me, 100%

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It looks incredibily similar to the Galaxy map that used to be in the map rotation for Solo Skywars. I purposefully used the same designstyle as I really liked it (as was with the entire map, I was decently good on it :) )

I can promise you, however, that this has been made by me, 100%

It’s a little unfortunate you used the same idea from another map rather then creating something new. But FYI I didn't vote no for it being a “clone” or whatnot.

I’ll believe you unless proven otherwise :P

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Oh god galaxy 2.0 pls no... *insert triggered flashback emoji* any kind of spherical islands are horrific for pvp, I know this from many failed attempts at these maps trust me, people don't like spheres. Is it a block game after, blocks are not spherical. Now to say something nice.. it's colourful, it's nightime, that's different. But ya sorry this is going to be released, also it's 8 players, 8 player maps are not efficient server wise.

Locking because it's a map of sphreres and pvp tryhards do not like spheres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom