Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LonelyNartyta

Apr 10, 2017
Catalonia
Hi, I'm Nartyta and today I wanted to talk about the current situation of Cubecraft.
We all know that the server has dropped a lot in recent months. We have gone from having 10,000 players to 3,000. The Staff is getting worse and worse the server, and they must listen to the players.

For example, let's talk about Skywars: Has anyone noticed that it is hard to start a game? What happened? Many people entered the games to play with players who are currently banned and anothers have been banned. Also, The players have tired of the projectiles.
This is my favorite modality, but I find it very difficult to play, since I do not find players most of the time.

Many of you have seen a modality called Blockwars, this game is about capturing the wool.
It is a very fun, entertaining and little known game. This game was full of people, but many of them are no longer. I invite you to play!

Now I'm going to talk about the popular BattleZone, it's a very little played game, and where staff focus. A good game, but for many players, but please, focus in another game.

As always, I am using a translator, forgive me if I make mistakes. I've been playing for two years here, and I would not like to stop doing it, but it's becoming more and more impossible as there are no people to play with.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I'd say the first thing they should do is focus on the better mini-games. Eggwars hasn't got a significant update in a while, and lucky islands too. These two games are unique and are successful on CubeCraft. SkyWars too is part of these games, but there isn't much to change about it; it's quite open-ended.

Timezones are also a huge factor and CubeCraft is based in England so a lot of Asian players have to play during the late-evening times. Weekends see a huge spike in the player count since everyone gets some time to chill and play some Minecraft.

If CubeCraft updates to 1.13+ and stays in touch with the updates, it'll be the biggest server that is up-to-date and uses all the new features. Best way to get players is to update to 1.13.

C

Cuteee

Skywars: Removing the 'No Projectiles' it's a dumb thing, after all Skywars is one of the most played games of the server, and it's really dumb removing the most-votation type. Yes I love projectiles, I haven't changed of opinion, but even me, that loves projectiles, knows that removing the most votation mode type of skywars is a stupid idea.

Blockwars: The non-attention cubecraft gave to this game has made it die. And the latest update they gave was totally bad, they turned blockwars into a pvp-game. Blockwars was an strategy game, you had to use your mental resource to capture the flag, or atleast get an strategy that could work. Now it's just pvp and get the flag.

BattleZone: It had a big community, but as always it was only trend for two weeks or so. The game died preety fast, and the updates they made were not really nice.

After all Cubecraft is dying because of two things: The updates and bugs.

Cubecraft, pay attention, instead of making what you want, hear the community. Add survival, skyblock, and factions, that could revive Cubecraft! Or even if you don't add that, update your alive games. For example, Eggwars. It hasn't been updated since one year ago. And when you get a new player-base community feel free to update battlezone, blockwars, etc...

I think this is only me but, I feel like the staff should be different, not the persons, but the staff shouldn't be chosen if they are active on the forums, or if they have more than 100 handled reports. They should be chosen by they experience in cubecraft, if they know how to play all the games, if they are really active, if they do know how to explain how to play the games... Ok, it's true beeing active on the forums and report players help cubecraft, but not everything is how many handled reports you have and how active you're in the forums (When I say forums I mean discord aswell.)

Bugs. Yet, I had reported a bug and after half a year it didn't get fixed, shows how you don't really care if we're having issues in game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
For example, let's talk about Skywars: Has anyone noticed that it is hard to start a game? What happened? Many people entered the games to play with players who are currently banned and anothers have been banned. Also, The players have tired of the projectiles.
This is my favorite modality, but I find it very difficult to play, since I do not find players most of the time.
Depends on what time you play. My games get very quick full when I join one. It is in the night (My time UTC +2) that games aren't getting quick full. About no projectiles, I also did an attempt to get it back but no one agrees with my point. You should check their commentary though: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-no-throwables-and-add-no-projectiles-again.208898/

Many of you have seen a modality called Blockwars, this game is about capturing the wool.
It is a very fun, entertaining and little known game. This game was full of people, but many of them are no longer. I invite you to play!
Don't know why that's dying because I don't play it, LOL.

Now I'm going to talk about the popular BattleZone, it's a very little played game, and where staff focus. A good game, but for many players, but please, focus in another game.
Once you have played some games of that gamemode, you get tired of the gameplay actually. To fill 1 game you need 100 players... If they change it to 50 players maybe games would get more full, less laggy and more joyful to play.

Reactions: LonelyNartyta

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
We all know that the server has dropped a lot in recent months. We have gone from having 10,000 players to 3,000. The Staff is getting worse and worse the server, and they must listen to the players.
During the recent months, the player count has experienced a normal drop - it is normal for player counts to drop due to the exam period. However, just yesterday, we have reached 4,700 player peak, and currently we are at 4,300 players (expected to rise because NA players will come on). I personally love to listen to the players, and I try to listen to everyone, but with a server at our size, it may be difficult to. I'm always around to listen to people though, so if I miss out on anything, just message me here, tag me here, or message me on Discord. ^-^

Also, The players have tired of the projectiles.
What do you mean by this? SkyWars is pretty revolved around the projectiles being used where necessary.

I can see where your concerns are here - but games are not being ignored, I can assure you that. :p

Thanks for the suggestions, Nartyta! As always, your feedback is appreciated! :v

C

Cuteee

What do you mean by this? SkyWars is pretty revolved around the projectiles being used where necessary.

I'm just gonna point out something here. You took the feedback of the community. Yes, but what we mean by community? The players that are on the forums? I honestly don't know how did you remove the no projectiles, it's absurd, rather everyone loved it. You took the feedback of 50 players on this forums, but what about of that 2 thousand players that played skywars, you didn't take their feedack, which is absurd, as an 'update' like this could've killed Cubecraft.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

LonelyNartyta

Apr 10, 2017
Catalonia
During the recent months, the player count has experienced a normal drop - it is normal for player counts to drop due to the exam period. However, just yesterday, we have reached 4,700 player peak, and currently we are at 4,300 players (expected to rise because NA players will come on). I personally love to listen to the players, and I try to listen to everyone, but with a server at our size, it may be difficult to. I'm always around to listen to people though, so if I miss out on anything, just message me here, tag me here, or message me on Discord. ^-^

I can see where your concerns are here - but games are not being ignored, I can assure you that. :p

Thanks for the suggestions, Nartyta! As always, your feedback is appreciated! :v

Remember, Unicorns map!! XD

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Skywars: Removing the 'No Projectiles' it's a dumb thing, after all Skywars is one of the most played games of the server, and it's really dumb removing the most-votation type. Yes I love projectiles, I haven't changed of opinion, but even me, that loves projectiles, knows that removing the most votation mode type of skywars.
What are you talking about? I love being bow spammed on a ramp that I can't cross nor fight back because the enemy is bow spamming and not giving me a rest. I love getting bow spammed from across the map by someone who just wants to be annoying, camp on his island and bow spam everyone from the very start of the game.

It's more of a cop and thief game. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO CROSS ANY BRIDGES. OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE.
That's what Skywars is like now that people have access to bows in literally every single game.
Blockwars: The non-attention cubecraft gave to this game has made it die. And the latest update they gave was totally bad, they turned blockwars into a pvp-game. Blockwars was an strategy game, you had to use your mental resource to capture the flag, or atleast get an strategy that could work. Now it's just pvp and get the flag.
^ That, and Tacos did explain this already. It's a team effort kind of game mode, which is why it died. Imagine being in a game with random people, and your team is in a call. It's impossible to win that way.
BattleZone: It had a big community, but as always it was only trend for two weeks or so. The game died preety fast, and the updates they made were not really nice.
All new games tend to be like that. They get a huge attention the first few weeks, then they just die. Example, Bingo. It was such a fun game at first. Now, you can just guess what happened.
I think this is only me but, I feel like the staff should be different, not the persons, but the staff shouldn't be chosen if they are active on the forums, or if they have more than 100 handled reports. They should be chosen by they experience in cubecraft, if they know how to play all the games, if they are really active, if they do know how to explain how to play the games... Ok, it's true beeing active on the forums and report players help cubecraft, but not everything is how many handled reports you have and how active you're in the forums (When I say forums I mean discord aswell.)
Having 100 handled reports proves that you understand how rules work and you've made 100 reports that are against the rules, which does prove that you in fact know how things are handled, imo.

In my opinion, the reason this server is dying because it doesn't listen to its community, they make updates that either people never asked for, or don't even like in the first place. Skywars got a huge update, where they balanced chests, removed "hidden chests" and such. That was a long time ago. Making projectiles an option was a really great move, but now they removed it: this is the basic players in CubeCraft Skywars:

1. Bow spammers, the ones that just spam their bows from the very beginning even though there's absolutely no need for it.
  2. Sword spammers, those who have absolutely no idea how to play the 1.9 PvP system, yet still choose to play on 1.9 Cubecraft skywars.
  3. The good-but-laggy players, mostly like me.
  4. Rushers.
You can rarely find "good players" in skywars anymore, really. Now literally every game of skywars I ever join has to have at least one bow spammer. This is so absurd and annoying. Imagine having to build a safe bridge every time you want to build a ramp to an island: waste of resources and time.

For me, I believe that it's not that "the players on cubecraft hate people who use bows," I believe it's more like "This server has way too many noobs that bow spam so much because they can't do anything other than that," which is why we do hate bow spammers. I love using the bow on occasions, just not in every fight. I don't see someone about 100 blocks away and start bowing them just because. I don't believe bow spammers will make too many people quit Skywars.

Bugs and updates: Many people quit after the chat filter update. Cubecraft is giving a dead game too many updates, while they're disregarding many other games that actually have a potential. How many people even play BZ anymore? You wait 20 minutes in a pre-lobby just to die in 2 minutes on the actual field. It's a very laggy game mode that requires you to wait in a pre lobby more than actually playing.

Speaking of bugs, there's one that almost made me rage quit skywars, and it's when you enderpearl mid-fight to somewhere, but the enderpearl decides to cancel itself and you teleport back to the initial place before enderpearling and you'd be given slowness 5 or something similar. It made me die so many times and I just rage quit skywars for a few days. I came back, and well the bug became much more rare. It still happens but, hardly ever. So I'm happy about that.

And the biggest reason as to why the server is dying, because the entire game itself is dying. After the 1.9 update that Mojang released, many YouTubers stopped Minecraft for better games as it got too old, and they also showed us a statistic of where Minecraft is going, and how many players quit the game. Even Hypixel used to get about 60,000 players and now it doesn't reach more than 40,000, or even 30,000. Right now it has 21,416 players.

The Anti-Cheat. Oh golly, is this not a problem. The Anti cheat, named Sentinel, unfairly bans many, many people. And of course, people get mad, especially because they even deny their appeals. They get mad, they quit the server. Now, I mean, that does sound reasonable. And Sentinel is doing a good job to be honest, it's not that bad. And the fact that the first Sentinel offence is only 7 days, while the first offence is 30 days via an official report, proves that the server acknowledges the fact that Sentinel does indeed ban people unfairly.

I have NO idea why I just spent 30 minutes to type all this huge rant, but yolo.

2 things: 1- Yes, indeed, I also did say that the player count should get much bigger once it's summer break for everyone.

2- "SkyWars is pretty revolved around the projectiles being used where necessary."
Honestly you said so yourself. "Where necessary." But people bow spam for no reason whatsoever, and it's soooo annoying. Like I once got bow spammed from across the map while I was looting a chest. I had no way to fall off, I had no reason to die from that one arrow, but all I know is they camped on their island with their bow out while I was trying to peek, I'd get shot at a lot, and they wouldn't get bored of me. I would try to record it and upload it to YouTube but last time I reported teamers in skywars (2 days ago) it took 3 minutes to upload a 13 SECONDS clip, so I'd rather not.

It only took me 45 minutes to type this with 2 power cuts. Thankfully, Cubecraft's forum saves what I typed even after leaving the page.

If you're still reading and didn't fall asleep mid-way, good job. Here's a free cookie.

C

Cuteee

What are you talking about? I love being bow spammed on a ramp that I can't cross nor fight back because the enemy is bow spamming and not giving me a rest. I love getting bow spammed from across the map by someone who just wants to be annoying, camp on his island and bow spam everyone from the very start of the game.
I ain't judging player's opinions, I'm giving facts. Most of the people don't and their opinion wasn't taken in consideration.

^ That, and Tacos did explain this already. It's a team effort kind of game mode, which is why it died. Imagine being in a game with random people, and your team is in a call. It's impossible to win that way.
That's why it's called an strategy gamemode. You can win a full party going with only a friend. One defend and one atack, it's not like they have a full team and you don't, yes sure they're communicating, but you can communicate aswell using Team Chat.

Having 100 handled reports proves that you understand how rules work and you've made 100 reports that are against the rules, which does prove that you in fact know how things are handled, imo.
Never said it shouldn't get in consideration, just that many other things should be a priority than this. Obviously if you saw someone that have swored to another one and you're a moderator you'll mute them, it's not like having 100 reports handled make you smarter, it's an actual really high mile-stone that should be reduced to 50 or so.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
dude not another dying thread this is getting old
We have gone from having 10,000 players to 3,000
"we"
Has anyone noticed that it is hard to start a game?
no?
Now I'm going to talk about the popular BattleZone, it's a very little played game,
"popular" and "little played" don't go together
games are unique and are successful on CubeCraft
yah eggwars, most unique game in history of mc
Add survival, skyblock, and factions,
with the current status of the development team new games are probably not something cube wants to be looking into
but the staff shouldn't be chosen if they are active
They should be chosen by they experience in cubecraft, if they know how to play all the games, if they are really active,
hmmmm
Staff is getting worse and worse the server
you've got to have a lot of cheek to slag volunteers off for work they do out of the goodness of their hearts - if they didn't donate their time to the server then it wouldn't exist. you wouldn't go into an oxfam shop and tell the till person that they are doing a crap job, would you?
In my opinion, the reason this server is dying because it doesn't listen to its community, they make updates that either people never asked for
nobody asked for the industrial revolution and look how that panned out. bad logic on your part there
But people bow spam for no reason whatsoever, and it's soooo annoying.
it's called tactics

C

Cuteee

@Commissioned When you quote my two posts that say 'But the staff shouldn't get chosen if they're active' and then you quote 'the staff should be chosen if they're active' you took that out of context, the first was meant for beeing active in the forums and the second for beeing active in-game.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
nobody asked for the industrial revolution and look how that panned out. bad logic on your part there

Is that the same as CC's current state? I never said that if something wasn't asked for you shouldn't do it. I just said they keep making new game modes and stuff in Cubecraft that no one asked for, and they hate it. And they keep doing more and more. So please.
dude not another dying thread this is getting old
it's called tactics
There's no "tactic" in bow spamming people in close-range fights.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
If I had to give an opinion on why this server is "dying" I'd have to think it's because of the fact that pretty much all or most of the gamemodes are players fighting each other. And if there is teamwork involved, it's still focused on beating other players (other teams, so this includes tower defence, blockwars, team skywars etc) , so most interaction is people being salty towards one another for being killed, killing them, or being salty towards teammates for not pulling their weight. While these gamemodes are fun and necessary, they shouldn't be the only types of gamemodes a server has, as this results in players not really having a chance to communicate and get involved.
I believe the last time I played skywars it didn't even let me chat in the pre-match phase when you're waiting in the tubes, telling me I can't chat until the game starts?
This just gives a bad vibe and as I said, doesn't make people want to necessarily stay and play.

It's been said before, but I sincerely believe that gamemodes like survival, skyblock, skygrid, (dropper maybe?), prison, FTB, etc, will make the servers popularity grow. People get a chance to interact with others, make friends easier, and get away from the bad vibes of the versus games. People will want to keep coming back because they've got a base they're proud of and friends to talk to while they're expanding it.

I've been avoiding using the term "pvp games" because there are games which aren't really considered "pvp" but still fit the bill for what im talking about (such as minerware and bingo). The aim is still to "beat" the others.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom