Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikel_Ruiz

Jul 10, 2019
- Map name: BADLANDS
- Creator(s) of map: Mikel_Ruiz
- Description of map: The map includes 20 islands, 4 chests per island, 12 chests in the center, has a unique shape in terms of the position of the islands among which, despite the distance between the islands, you can quickly reach the island that is find next with a small parkour, it is perfect for games full of tension.

Attachments

• 2019-07-09_20.46.18.png
    2019-07-09_20.46.18.png
    535.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 2019-07-09_20.46.32.png
    2019-07-09_20.46.32.png
    518 KB · Views: 130
  • 2019-07-09_20.47.00.png
    2019-07-09_20.47.00.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 2019-07-09_20.47.43.png
    2019-07-09_20.47.43.png
    495.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 2019-07-09_20.46.09.png
    2019-07-09_20.46.09.png
    481.8 KB · Views: 131

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
- Description of map: The map includes 20 islands, 4 chests per island, 12 chests in the center, has a unique shape in terms of the position of the islands among which, despite the distance between the islands, you can quickly reach the island that is find next with a small parkour, it is perfect for games full of tension.

Most certainly an interesting concept it lacks detail and style. There is no cover and knockback would rule the lands for sure. Mid and other player islands are way to easy to rush and would just be a slaughter. Sorry but I'm gonna say no.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

It definitely seems new, not very similar to the maps we currently have. But I feel like rushing would be a problem, and new players would end up being frustrated. But I really like the concept behind it.

Mikel_Ruiz

Jul 10, 2019
Most certainly an interesting concept it lacks detail and style. There is no cover and knockback would rule the lands for sure. Mid and other player islands are way to easy to rush and would just be a slaughter. Sorry but I'm gonna say no.
This type of maps creates experienced users, this helps to have more skilled players. besides cubecraft already has maps with less coverage like Music, this map was created exactly the right size of the islands for a good pvp with the possibility that you are pulled from your island but also to avoid that it is just that the edge has a block of height. I think it would not be otherwise to prove it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This type of maps creates experienced users, this helps to have more skilled players. besides cubecraft already has maps with less coverage like Music, this map was created exactly the right size of the islands for a good pvp with the possibility that you are pulled from your island but also to avoid that it is just that the edge has a block of height. I think it would not be otherwise to prove it.

Your statements are completely false. This is not a good size for PvP. If used for 1.8 it takes 1 or 2 hits to knock someone off. 1.9 wouldn't be much better. You can't count on people being skilled or whatnot and if that's what you are that's completely unfair to newer players or casual players. Music has coverage. The stack of jukeboxes and underground. Rushing and cleaning would be out of control on here. Imagine getting the sword kit and running straight to someone's island and killing them before they can sort their inventory.

Edit: Besides this, the inner islands have a ridiculous advantage against the outer islands as they can leap to the middle in a bound while the back islands have to do it twice. Not to mention as stated earlier the islands look plain and there is no detail.

It's a cool idea but it won't work as a map.

Reactions: Marieke2001 and Eli

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
The map looks great, but the islands are a little too close to each other. I also think that 4 chests is too many, and 3 is enough. But with some adjustments this could be a great map!

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
hELLO OO capps lock

This is geniuenly really interesting. I remember I made a xmas map back in 2014 or 15 that had parkour joining up the islands and people were not a fan it might of been due to it being out of ice lol. But I do like how you've thought about the player experience as your number 1 priority. Has it got enough pvp space? yes Is it flat and nice? yes Can I get to the island easily? Sorta yes

It just doesn't look great, but I will probably steal the general core gameplay concept next time I make a sw map though :P anyways nice work unfortunately this particular map isn't gonna be an official im bad at saying no... it's been a while... so yes thank you

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
hELLO OO capps lock

This is geniuenly really interesting. I remember I made a xmas map back in 2014 or 15 that had parkour joining up the islands and people were not a fan it might of been due to it being out of ice lol. But I do like how you've thought about the player experience as your number 1 priority. Has it got enough pvp space? yes Is it flat and nice? yes Can I get to the island easily? Sorta yes

It just doesn't look great, but I will probably steal the general core gameplay concept next time I make a sw map though :p anyways nice work unfortunately this particular map isn't gonna be an official im bad at saying no... it's been a while... so yes thank you

Will that mean the thread is locked then?

XXBALT

Apr 20, 2020
You're telling me there's no bridging needed whatsoever?
It's Skywars...
Bridging's kinda a fundamental aspect of Skywars.

quervy

Nov 21, 2019
It's a good map but people would rush immediately, maybe if the islands weren't that close together. But I would still love it to have this map added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom