Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What rating would you give it?

• Total voters

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Hello, I made a skywars map that I want to show you. (Not for cubecraft, only 6 players.) I hope you like it. Build Time: 1.69 hours. (That's what the sttistics say, I derictly started building when I joined the world first.

Starter Islands
As you can see, there isn't a ladder leading to an little cave, there are 2 chests, both are on top of the Island. There is enough space to pvp, but it's not that big. Plants, sea pickles and a little water pool decorate the Island.

2018-04-22_13.13.11.png

Half-Mid
Here I decided to keep it simple. A long 'road' with 2 chests in the middle and 2 chests on the ends. This is a great place to fight if you are not good at pvp. It's easy to hit your oppenent from the edge. Always remember they can hit you off the edge too. Don't mind the tryhards saying 'noob' and 'voider'. Some water pools and sea pickles decorate it.
2018-04-22_13.13.20.png

Mid Layer 1
This is a big place with much water walls. There are a few chests and an anvil + enchantment table. The floor is made of water. Some stepping stones are making it possible to have a good PvP fight.
2018-04-22_13.13.38.png

Mid Layer 2
The 2nd of layer is the best place for fair fights on the whole map. The ground is flat and there is a little structure in the middle for decoration or even for players to use some tactics. (Stand on top of it and hit your oppenent down) There also some chests on it. Double chests on each end. Some plants in the corners also decorate it.
2018-04-22_13.13.25.png

Whole Map
One more screenshot of the whole map :)
2018-04-22_13.37.23.png

I hope you enjoyed it (Vote in the poll!)

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Spawn islands:
I like the islands you spawn on! They look very nice!

Half mid:
The islands are just too straight. You should move the islands and make curves in the straight islands, that would make it better! You could also create some holes in between two islands, to make fighting other players more fun!

Mid:
I think the middle island is a no go. You can't fight other players on that island, because you will get stuck in the water. Though I like the upper layer, but I think you could make the middle island so much better. Just remove the bottom layer, and create curves in the island. Try to create a circle!

Although you could improve some things, I like the fact that you've spent time to create this map! Try to improve the map with the points I stated above, and upload the screenshots. I would love to see the improvements being implemented in your map! I give your map 6/10 points right now, but maybe, I'll give it more points if you improve your map. Keeep going!

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok I know it's the theme of the map, but:
water... water is so annoying to fight in, and it's everywhere, and maybe it's meant to be like that, but everything seems a bit too recangular and flat
I do like the starter islands

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
As for starter islands: They look nice and all, but it's a very plain shape with not much to it. The slabs placed on it also makes it annoying to place blocks if you're in a game, so that's a no-go. The sea pickles would also be in the way of placing blocks.

Semi-mid islands: It's honestly just a game of who knocks who off first. Nobody's going to try and fight there. If they do, they''ll make a wall or hug the water. Doesn't really have much space to fight.

Middle island: The top is alright, but pretty plain. It's just a glass platform with a bit of a tiny staircase in the middle. The inside would be horrendous to fight in since you're just going to knock each other into the water over and over again, not killing anyone.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
I'm not really sure why, but this looks pretty boring, use some ways which builders use to make your map more interesting.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!
JustNathie wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Top Bottom