Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should we be able to visit others sky block islands and drop things?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I just want to note I am disagreeing with the "drop things" part. I think visiting another player's island could be really fun if they've authorized you to visit. Because just gifting other players things could easily ruin the progression of the game if players find themselves someone advanced enough to gift them items that at their current state of progress would be overpowered.

And perhaps a safer more balanced solution to wanting to be able to give other players loot would be creating a trading system. I've seen that be implemented in a bunch of servers nowadays and it seems to be very popular! Not only that, but it gives life to the Skyblock hub which at least in CubeCraft's case is not very lively or at least not very social.

Of course the implications with a trading system are big, for development, moderation and game balancing, but it could help address a common complaint I've seen about CubeCraft's Skyblock and that's the lack of interaction with other players.

BurgerCat13

Novice Member
Feb 24, 2023
Philippines
Pronouns
He/Him
I am really not too keen with being able to give other players stuff as just like said above it would ruin the progression of the entire game itself and probably break some quests in the process and it can be explloited as well.

The visiting other people islands though is something that piqued my interest as taking reference from other server's skyblock, they have a features where you visit other players island without needing to get invited and only using a command like (/sb visit @User or /sb view @User) which allows you to be a visitor/guest on the said island but it has limitations like you cannot interact anything in the island like opening chests or break blocks. This is something i like to see being implemented to Cubecraft's Skyblock if they decide to update it.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
We should be able to visit other skyblock islands and have the ability to drop things to others maybe not in the hub but on like your island or someone else’s. Like I want to help some newer players but I can’t see what they are working with
I love the idea of being able to visit others’ islands, however I strongly disagree with having the ability to drop them items.

Reactions: Eli

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Hey,

Like everyone said:
love the idea
that piqued my interest
could be really fun if they've authorized you to visit.
But i agree with them with this:

disagreeing with the "drop things" part
not too keen with being able to give other players stuff
strongly disagree with having the ability to drop them items.
So, I think it is clear, even after 3 messages. I think that the previous messages have given more than enough explanation as to why or not. I support these opinions

Nubnub

• Heart
Reactions: Reesle and Eli

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah dropping items is way too broken. Imagine starting out in Skyblcok and instantly getting full diamond gear and a bunch of op crops. Being able to visit other players islands is cool though, but it should only be possible if the player gives you their permission.

• Agree
Reactions: Reesle

zackman1

Mar 25, 2024
Yeah dropping items is way too broken. Imagine starting out in Skyblcok and instantly getting full diamond gear and a bunch of op crops. Being able to visit other players islands is cool though, but it should only be possible if the player gives you their permission.
Yeah I wasn’t thinking like that I made this post trying to help someone who just started who didn’t know how to get saplings so I was gonna drop him a few

zackman1

Mar 25, 2024
I just want to note I am disagreeing with the "drop things" part. I think visiting another player's island could be really fun if they've authorized you to visit. Because just gifting other players things could easily ruin the progression of the game if players find themselves someone advanced enough to gift them items that at their current state of progress would be overpowered.

And perhaps a safer more balanced solution to wanting to be able to give other players loot would be creating a trading system. I've seen that be implemented in a bunch of servers nowadays and it seems to be very popular! Not only that, but it gives life to the Skyblock hub which at least in CubeCraft's case is not very lively or at least not very social.

Of course the implications with a trading system are big, for development, moderation and game balancing, but it could help address a common complaint I've seen about CubeCraft's Skyblock and that's the lack of interaction with other players.
Yes this is more what I was getting at new player was on when I made this asking how to get saplings bc he said he didn’t have any so I was gonna drop him some

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom