Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you fancy (like) a FULL server RESET.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soph

Forum Expert
Jul 4, 2014
The UK
If @superxsnap and all the other people with extreme islands want a reset, why don't we clear the top 20 islands every month. We can all agree that the top islands create more lag than the less developed islands. We can also agree, if I'm not mistaken that snap did say in one of his posts about the reset, that a SB reset would be nice because it became too easy. If so we can all agree on resetting every top 20 islands every month. From what I am reading in most of the threads, are that the people who want the reset have a everything they want and SB isn't a challenge for them anymore. Resetting the top 20 islands will prevent the people who have countless spawners and diamonds to stay like that, without any real difficulty. This is not unfair for the top 20 players since every active player in Skyblock will eventually be in the top 20. What is unfair is asking a reset for the islands on SB that are ~level 500, have spent several weeks to achieve what they are now and to reset them. I agree that the top 20 islands have spent several months maybe a year to become what they are now, but once you reach that point you are experienced enough to know what to do and how to become in the top 20 islands again. This would stop the lag drastically in the long term, while a reset would only do it for a short term. This would also keep it a challenge for every SB player making it the ideal place to be in.
This is unfair for the people who are in the top 20 and have worked hard legitimetly on their island. It may seem fair for you, but the amount of time and effort people put into their Skyblock, for it to just be cleared?

Achelois

Mar 6, 2015
the U.S
This is unfair for the people who are in the top 20 and have worked hard legitimetly on their island. It may seem fair for you, but the amount of time and effort people put into their Skyblock, for it to just be cleared?
Okay so think about this statement that @Soph just implied here, then think about the corrupted chunks and the people who lost their islands and they got cleared just like that. Yes, they worked hard too and put effort in but theirs just got cleared too, I understand it was not purposely done, but it's still unfair.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
If @superxsnap and all the other people with extreme islands want a reset, why don't we clear the top 20 islands every month. We can all agree that the top islands create more lag than the less developed islands. We can also agree, if I'm not mistaken that snap did say in one of his posts about the reset, that a SB reset would be nice because it became too easy. If so we can all agree on resetting every top 20 islands every month. From what I am reading in most of the threads, are that the people who want the reset have a everything they want and SB isn't a challenge for them anymore. Resetting the top 20 islands will prevent the people who have countless spawners and diamonds to stay like that, without any real difficulty. This is not unfair for the top 20 players since every active player in Skyblock will eventually be in the top 20. What is unfair is asking a reset for the islands on SB that are ~level 500, have spent several weeks to achieve what they are now and to reset them. I agree that the top 20 islands have spent several months maybe a year to become what they are now, but once you reach that point you are experienced enough to know what to do and how to become in the top 20 islands again. This would stop the lag drastically in the long term, while a reset would only do it for a short term. This would also keep it a challenge for every SB player making it the ideal place to be in.

Alright, i think you completely misunderstood me. My idea was to add another server along-side the current one without staff drop parties, to:
A: Counter lag
B: Make the game legit (No longer much of an issue since the duplication glitch has been patched, and most duplicated islands have been removed)
C: Cater to everybody including the players that don't want a reset
If the top 20 islands got reset every month, i'll actually take half my island apart to keep it, as will a lot of other players, and it'll become a game of who can keep their island the longest. The thing that motivates people to keep playing is the top 10 boards; are you saying that you want to take one of the only motivational factors out of the game? Because if so, then skyblock will become the new factions in the sense that you'll have about 6 people log onto it a day. (No offense factions fans :P )

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Okay so think about this statement that @Soph just implied here, then think about the corrupted chunks and the people who lost their islands and they got cleared just like that. Yes, they worked hard too and put effort in but theirs just got cleared too, I understand it was not purposely done, but it's still unfair.
Yes, it was unfair and was a tragic event. However, as you already stated, it wasn't intentional; nothing could be done. In an event like this however, something can be done, and if the staff actually choose to clear everybody's islands, then they can be blamed, and trust me they will be blamed, and we'll have a '#oldcubecraft' crisis all over again.

Reactions: Achelois

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk

Great ide.

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk
Alright, i think you completely misunderstood me. My idea was to add another server along-side the current one without staff drop parties, to:
A: Counter lag
B: Make the game legit (No longer much of an issue since the duplication glitch has been patched, and most duplicated islands have been removed)
C: Cater to everybody including the players that don't want a reset
If the top 20 islands got reset every month, i'll actually take half my island apart to keep it, as will a lot of other players, and it'll become a game of who can keep their island the longest. The thing that motivates people to keep playing is the top 10 boards; are you saying that you want to take one of the only motivational factors out of the game? Because if so, then skyblock will become the new factions in the sense that you'll have about 6 people log onto it a day. (No offense factions fans :p )

Splitting islands apart wouldn't work, as your island has a specific border, which will be cleared.

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
Just a few things I wanted to state in here:

The server does not lag because of the not used islands. They do nothing, they just exist. The server does lag due to redstone machines and if spawners are used to create huge farms.
I went to an island today because the player was complaining about lagging on it. They were fine except while being on their own island. Reason: The iron farm they had. As soon as I removed the villagers on it (they had about 200 I´d guess) it was fine and they did lag a lot less.
That was just an example. So if there is lag on Skyblock it doesn´t really have to do anything with the server itsself but with the stuff and amount players build on it.

And about "blaming us if we would reset Skyblock". We haven´t planned anything like a reset any time soon. But to be honest if we were going to it would be staffs decision. No matter if players would rage, cry or leave the server. If they´d feel like spamming #OldCubecraft they could do that and deal with the consequences.

Just all the comments I read in here, there is already a thread in the Skyblock section about a "2nd server" which will not be implemented.

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
No, I have 200 villagers in my iron farm which have reproduced over time, I was gonna kill them and forgot to do so

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
Doesn´t seem like that there is any productive comments in this thread anymore

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom