Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you fancy (like) a FULL server RESET.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
#
Well you're experienced in skyblock and I've not got an island yet.. (well someone reset it) but I sorta want a reset because for the new people it's virtually impossible to do anything with all this lag.
So why not add a second server and keep everybody happy? Less lag, and nobody loses their progress plus you get two islands :)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I agree with this. The majority of the lag is made by the islands that are AFK or not being used. You can tell that this is a lot by looking at stats.cubecraftgames.net, where it says "78,000 unique players." Imagine each player went to Skyblock, that would be a lot of RAM being taken up by useless islands.

Reactions: Colourlight

Peat53

Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2014
In comparison to what @superxsnap said, instead of resetting the current skyblock server where there are many people who have worked hard and spent a lot of time on their islands, wouldn't adding a secondary skyblock server be a better way of handling the situation? That way, the people who want to have a fresh start/clean slate and be in an environment of which everyone is
starting new, can go to the secondary skyblock server. And the people who have worked hard on their islands can stay on the current server.

Also, the "Afk" or "abandoned" islands temporary limited plug in idea sounds a little extreme when you say that people have about 4 weeks or so until an island is disposed because they haven't been on it within the given amount of time, instead of 4 weeks, how about a few months? Because people have things to do outside of Minecraft and its not like people will always have the time to go on just for that purpose of fear that they'll lose their island. If people have that big of a peeve of the lag on the current server, then like I said before, they can go to the new one which will have less lag then the current one. Lag isn't an issue for some people. It gets annoying yes, but I mean its tolerable enough if it means keeping everything you worked on for weeks/months or maybe even longer. (Apologies for any mistakes am typing this on my phone and it is very difficult)
@Sugabuga9

Reactions: Sophie and Nat

Nat

Apr 20, 2014
Land of Enchantment
In comparison to what @superxsnap said, instead of resetting the current skyblock server where there are many people who have worked hard and spent a lot of time on their islands, wouldn't adding a secondary skyblock server be a better way of handling the situation? That way, the people who want to have a fresh start/clean slate and be in an environment of which everyone is
starting new, can go to the secondary skyblock server. And the people who have worked hard on their islands can stay on the current server.

Also, the "Afk" or "abandoned" islands temporary limited plug in idea sounds a little extreme when you say that people have about 4 weeks or so until an island is disposed because they haven't been on it within the given amount of time, instead of 4 weeks, how about a few months? Because people have things to do outside of Minecraft and its not like people will always have the time to go on just for that purpose of fear that they'll lose their island. If people have that big of a peeve of the lag on the current server, then like I said before, they can go to the new one which will have less lag then the current one. Lag isn't an issue for some people. It gets annoying yes, but I mean its tolerable enough if it means keeping everything you worked on for weeks/months or maybe even longer. (Apologies for any mistakes am typing this on my phone and it is very difficult)
@Sugabuga9
I couldn't agree more.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I totally disagree with your idea, because people really did spent thousands and thousands of points on this server, and do not want to lose it.

@superxsnap , I totally agree with your idea, since it could also expand the number of people playing skyblock and, which is the main advantage, would probably reduce the lag.

Reactions: Nat and Sophie

Bethany409

Aug 16, 2014
the wild side
I just want to point out that there's been multiple threads about this, and there has not been a reset. I also wanna say that it's kinda unfair how the people who have "op" islands want to keep them and they are satisfied, meanwhile the people who want a reset have to deal with the unbearable lag. I understand that it's difficult to please both sides, but the amount of lag for some of us is awful, I haven't played SB because of it. Why is there lag you ask? Maybe because of the amount of players on skyblock, 120 is a large number. Keep in mind there's an extreme amount of afk islands as mentioned before. Second SB server in my opinion is needed. Meanwhile if you think about it the first SB will still be laggy, as there isn't really a difference except that the people who want a fresh start will be lag-free on SB2... +most people won't give up their islands, they'll all stay on SB1. I also believe a fresh start is needed but there have been complaints like "omg people have spent months on it" "why can't you just restart yourself", I'm sorry but most of us don't have $1,000 that can handle that lag. I'm perfectly fine on every other server... Keep in mind I'm fine on creative, etc. SOMETHING needs to be done, whether it's a reset, or 2nd SB server, something is needed.

Reactions: Sophie

Peat53

Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2014
@Bethany409 that's the point of the second server, if people have a problem with the lag on the current server, then they can go to the second server. People who have no problem with the way things are currently can stay on the current server.

Reactions: Sophie

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
As I said elsewhere, you cannot avoid lag on any "moderately+" sized Sky Block server. By having a reset you're just delaying the inevitable.

In other words, the lag will just come back... I agree with @superxsnap a second server would be the way forward, but once again this is just my opinion. I overlook things sometimes.

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk
Yeah, but whats the point of a new skyblock server? Come on, a fresh start needs to come somewhere. And isn't it a waste of money maintaining another server just because people are screaming about loosing there islands they spent a couple thousand points on? Like, it's hardly the player count thats creating the lag, it's these massive islands! @Peat53, your islands huge, doesn't that make more lag than the 4 players on it? k, here's an example of a two player island: 2015-03-05_18.12.01.png

And I don't even... the amount of afk islands.. there's some that have been there for about a year ;-; So... also, it's a game, loosing some island doesn't matter, right?

Reactions: Bethany409

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Yeah, but whats the point of a new skyblock server? Come on, a fresh start needs to come somewhere. And isn't it a waste of money maintaining another server just because people are screaming about loosing there islands they spent a couple thousand points on? Like, it's hardly the player count thats creating the lag, it's these massive islands! @Peat53, your islands huge, doesn't that make more lag than the 4 players on it? k, here's an example of a two player island:View attachment 33810

And I don't even... the amount of afk islands.. there's some that have been there for about a year ;-; So... also, it's a game, loosing some island doesn't matter, right?
What, so you want people to just have small islands? Not exactly easy when you run out of place to hold your stuff. And it is partly the amount of people on the server, since they're going to be constantly spawning mobs, loading chunks to get to their island, and making new islands.
Ever heard the expression 'you have to spend money to make money'? If they don't cater to their players then they'll get bored and leave. I'm not saying that it'll be cheap, but it'll make the server appeal to a wider audience; they donate, and the server makes money from it.

Reactions: Nat

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk
What, so you want people to just have small islands? Not exactly easy when you run out of place to hold your stuff. And it is partly the amount of people on the server, since they're going to be constantly spawning mobs, loading chunks to get to their island, and making new islands.
Ever heard the expression 'you have to spend money to make money'? If they don't cater to their players then they'll get bored and leave. I'm not saying that it'll be cheap, but it'll make the server appeal to a wider audience; they donate, and the server makes money from it.

Because people keep expanding there islands. If we reset there will be less lag, as it's taken a lot of people a year to make there islands (which means it'll be around another 6 months before we get this crazy stupid lag again)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Because people keep expanding there islands. If we reset there will be less lag, as it's taken a lot of people a year to make there islands (which means it'll be around another 6 months before we get this crazy stupid lag again)
Yes, there will be less lag, but it'll annoy everyone to a point where they'll leave the server, cause riots and it'll be the whole '#oldcubecraft' thing all over again.

TangoRaptor_

Aug 14, 2014
Bossville
If @superxsnap and all the other people with extreme islands want a reset, why don't we clear the top 20 islands every month. We can all agree that the top islands create more lag than the less developed islands. We can also agree, if I'm not mistaken that snap did say in one of his posts about the reset, that a SB reset would be nice because it became too easy. If so we can all agree on resetting every top 20 islands every month. From what I am reading in most of the threads, are that the people who want the reset have a everything they want and SB isn't a challenge for them anymore. Resetting the top 20 islands will prevent the people who have countless spawners and diamonds to stay like that, without any real difficulty. This is not unfair for the top 20 players since every active player in Skyblock will eventually be in the top 20. What is unfair is asking a reset for the islands on SB that are ~level 500, have spent several weeks to achieve what they are now and to reset them. I agree that the top 20 islands have spent several months maybe a year to become what they are now, but once you reach that point you are experienced enough to know what to do and how to become in the top 20 islands again. This would stop the lag drastically in the long term, while a reset would only do it for a short term. This would also keep it a challenge for every SB player making it the ideal place to be in.

Reactions: Colourlight
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom