Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What's the best type of grinder?

• No grinder, I live life on the dangerous side

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mob grinders are actually (unsurprisingly), very very useful on skyblock, especially when you're clad with bare leather armor and given the grueling task of clearing out an island's spawners and mobs. Last time I tried that, it didn't go well...
Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.46.36 AM.png

Oww... 30 full minutes of pain and suffering...
But, through the power of a grinder, you can essentially cut out all the pain and suffering, and only receive experience, valuable loot that you can then sell to buy a bunch of dirt, and also a lot of boring grinding!

Combining the zombie and skeleton spawners of the rather passive desert island, the birch island (which took me a stupid amount of time to clear out mobs/spawners of), and the impressive mesa island (which has a surprisingly decent amount of spawners to stuff into a grinder), and a painfully hard-to-make grinder building, these are my results after making a grinder:
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.40.55 PM.png

A massive pile of zombies and skeletons, helplessly stuck and very much doomed.
Really the only issue for me is finding a way to automate it (I'm thinking lava, but I need drops/xp too) and also if there's a way to put spider spawners in the mix too. I guess I also need to maximize mob drops, as currently I've gotten barely over a few stacks of mob drops (somehow) after a couple days of grinding.

While I'm still rambling on about my weird grinder thing, here's some more screenshots:
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.51.18 PM.png

A complete set of essential things to maximize the mob-grinding experience.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.51.21 PM.png

...unfortunately, it's actually pretty ugly :p

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.51.40 PM.png

A tiny room I made in case you wanted to watch mobs helplessly flow down.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.51.45 PM.png

Plus, if you're too lazy, you can take the exit chute! Wheeeee...

And that ends today's episode of "Noodle's Mediocre Island Tour", maybe next time something more interesting will be featured... is there even a "next time"? Who knows...

(also, if anyone knows if lava will kill mobs and let droppers collect mob drops before they burn, please let me know in the comment/reply section, thanks)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom