Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What's the fastest/recommended skyblock travel method?

• Ice pathways are the way to go.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Minecart tracks for the win!

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • It's not worth making fast-travel systems, just stick with a plain bridge

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"One saves time not by using the fastest method, but by finding the most efficient yet resource-light method." -Someone

After playing skyblock for a bit now, I've noticed that you constantly need to travel between different islands to gather resources, store stuff, etc. However, not focusing on the idea of just lumping everything together onto a single island, what if we ask the question: what's the fastest method of travel in Minecraft, while still following the limitations that Cubecraft Skyblock has? For one, it seems like there is a speed cap involved, as when I simply repeatedly headbop (is this the right word? I don't know) the ceiling and run across the packed ice bridge I've set up, it seems to rubber band me back when i get too fast, and also results in a slowdown in acceleration. Also, boats are out of the question, as they seem to be uncraftable.

The quickest way to travel (but probably not the most resource-light way) is by building a packed ice bridge with a 2-block tall ceiling. However, the acceleration barrier does occur while using this method, but it does take you pretty fast across a long distance. Hunger is an issue, though, as you commonly lose some hunger while running across.
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 11.02.34 AM.png

Nice bridge, huh?

I was originally planning on just spamming these ice bridges everywhere between my islands, but it costs tons of packed ice, and there's only so much ice you can get on the taiga island (it gives you a few stacks, but not enough to be sustainable). There's no renewable way to get ice (yet), so this method costs a ton of valuable packed ice. So, for my bridge to the jungle island (yes, I ran out of ice after just 2 ice bridges), I decided to build this weird dual-tunnel thing with one path if you were AFK and another smaller adaptation of the ice bridge design.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 11.07.05 AM.png
The question of the century: are you actually alone when playing solo skyblock? We may never know...
The left AFK path is actually pretty slow, but all you have to do is walk into it and it will (ever so slowly) take you to your destination. It does require a few pieces of packed ice to slide the player across to the next water source block which flows into the next ice piece, and then into the water, etc. A simple, and kind of effective design. For the right bridge, I just dotted a few pieces of packed ice into the mix to kind of give the player acceleration, but to be honest, I don't know if it's helping or not.

I know that minecarts exist and are probably the most resource-light option, but I haven't even unlocked iron yet, so I have no idea how hard it is to get iron, or even if minecarts are craftable or not (or banned like boats).

So, here are my two questions: what's the quickest way to travel around in Skyblock, and what's a fast but also resource-light method?"

Reactions: DyedGrassBlock
Can you get packed ice in skyblock? otherwise I would use the boats on ice :D
You can get packed ice (not regular ice, though), but it's severely limited (I got my packed ice from the packed ice "crystals" that are on the taiga island. Boats + ice is arguably the best way to travel and you don't lose hunger (I think), but unfortunately I think boats are banned for whatever reason.

If you could get infinite ice, and boats were actually craftable, then I would say that bats on ice would be both the most resource-light and fastest way to travel. Plus, with a boat, you can remove a few pieces of ice from the path due to the hitbox, making it cost even less ice. But, good idea!

D

Deleted member 489420

Not sure if beacons and potions affect speed in boat

Oh, I didn't notice that beacons were actually a thing, but they seem to be a pretty fast and reliable option that really just requires you to get the beacon to get speed basically infinitely, so I'll definitely consider setting up a few around my islands.

Also you don’t need Redstone to power powered rails, u can craft levers and flick them on

Unfortunately (at least, at first glance), there seems to be no way to obtain redstone in the first place (redstone generators are completely missing and not acknowledged in the shop), and that would be fine, except crafting powered rails requires 1 piece of redstone :(

But, nonetheless, this would be a good idea, if only powered rails didn't require redstone dust though...

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Reesle wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Top Bottom