Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

boaler

Dec 21, 2021
Hey there!
So I was casually playing Skyblock, when the Shop Villager really got on my nerves at some point. The sound it makes started getting really annoying.
What I think would be really cool is being able to toggle the sounds of the shop villager and maybe even mobs spawning from spawners. There could be an option to toggle the shop in the settings menu, while the spawners have their individual toggles to toggle mob sounds.
(For everyone wondering, it is really easy to "mute" an entity. You can check Entity#setSilent(boolean))

Cheers!

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey there, that's an understandable suggestion. However, I get that this is annoying, but making this a feature sounds a bit over the top to me, as there are already a lot of settings in skyblock in which players might get more lost. On top of that, it's quite easy to get rid of sounds by yourself, so I don't think it's worth any developer time.
Here are two things (that I know of) you can do yourself to mute annoying mobs:

1. Turn off the sound of "Friendly Creatures" for villagers and animals or "Hostile Creatures" for monsters etc. when playing skyblock. I don't see a reason why you'd want to mute the chickens and not the cows etc.
2. There are some resource packs out there that mute villager sounds. You can just leave those on all the time as they usually don't change anything else, so if you don't want to change your sound settings every time, this is an alternative.

boaler

Dec 21, 2021
Hey there, that's an understandable suggestion. However, I get that this is annoying, but making this a feature sounds a bit over the top to me, as there are already a lot of settings in skyblock in which players might get more lost. On top of that, it's quite easy to get rid of sounds by yourself, so I don't think it's worth any developer time.
Here are two things (that I know of) you can do yourself to mute annoying mobs:

1. Turn off the sound of "Friendly Creatures" for villagers and animals or "Hostile Creatures" for monsters etc. when playing skyblock. I don't see a reason why you'd want to mute the chickens and not the cows etc.
2. There are some resource packs out there that mute villager sounds. You can just leave those on all the time as they usually don't change anything else, so if you don't want to change your sound settings every time, this is an alternative.
Hey mate, thanks for your input on that one, I’ll probably use one of the tips you mentioned there. :)
However, all these entities are custom spawned anyways, so the work on that one isn’t too much. Other (mini-)games depend on game sounds, or just use them pretty effectively. That’s why muting the sounds altogether should be the second solution. Of course I don’t know the schedule of the devs and they might have better things to do, this QoL change wouldn’t take too long to add though, I’m playing around with plugin development myself.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom