Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
So as many of you may know, me and many other people from the blockWars community weren’t very happy with how the last voting was carried out.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a complaint, I am suggesting this to avoid future inconveniences.

@Camezonda decided to join BlockWars CTF and BlockWars Core together so it could only be chosen every other voting. (Reasonable fix, otherwise BlockWars would’ve won all the time)

With this, the first mechanic that was gonna be used was a second voting. But then, the second voting was replaced with a coin flip for the sake of efficiency. (Reasonable fix, a second voting would’ve taken too much time)

The problem with this was however, that not everyone liked the mode that was by luck chosen. Although some people did like it (Thanks @Story for making that point) it didn’t necessarily represent the majority of the people who participated in the voting.

So my proposed fix is very simple and will only take about 30 seconds to do. And that is, modifying the current default poll. By splitting Block Wars Core and Block Wars CTF once again. This would guarantee that the most wanted Block Wars mode is selected. (Basically returning to the old voting layout but keeping the “Block Wars can only be chosen once” rule)

And once any of the two Block Wars modes is selected, then both options Core and CTF get removed for the next voting.

This is a simple fix to avoid further discussions and inconveniences. Thank you for reading, any feedback is appreciated!

I will go ahead and tag @Riley @Sweetenerera @Andyyy @Skyla Lexicon and @_EliteSamii because they participated in the discussion too.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
If you still don't know what I think about it and have to repeat myself once again then I'm genuinely concerned

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I'm sorry, but I really do not support this suggestion. Here's why:

One of the reasons why management gave an opportunity to the community to choose the featured game was because they wanted to try and make everyone happy. Your suggestion, which is to split the two game modes in the poll, will indeed guarantee that the most wanted BlockWars mode is selected, but that's not necessarily a good thing. If what you said about BlockWars CTF being more popular than Core is actually true, that means your suggestion will completely kill all the chances of Core getting featured. That being said, the BlockWars Core fans will be unhappy while all other fans of games on the featured games list won't be, which is not what management are aiming for. They want everyone to get a chance to play their favorite game, and I honestly admire them for this.

While the coin flip thingy wasn't the best solution, it was still a good one, and if I need to be honest, I find it as a better one than the one you suggested. The coin flip will at least give an actual chance to Core to get featured and make the people who enjoy playing it, happy. I don't think management did it for the sake of efficiency only, no matter that this was what they said.

I suggest a solution myself:
Alternate the two modes. For example, next time when BlockWars wins the voting process, BlockWars CTF will get featured, because last time the coin chose BlockWars Core. After players enjoy their favorite BlockWars CTF and BlockWars wins again, BlockWars Core will be the one to get featured. The two modes will remain not to be split in the poll, everyone will get a chance to play their favorite game, and therefore everyone will be happy.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I'm sorry, but I really do not support this suggestion. Here's why:

One of the reasons why management gave an opportunity to the community to choose the featured game was because they wanted to try and make everyone happy. Your suggestion, which is to split the two game modes in the poll, will indeed guarantee that the most wanted BlockWars mode is selected, but that's not necessarily a good thing. If what you said about BlockWars CTF being more popular than Core is actually true, that means your suggestion will completely kill all the chances of Core getting featured. That being said, the BlockWars Core fans will be unhappy while all other fans of games on the featured games list won't be, which is not what management are aiming for. They want everyone to get a chance to play their favorite game, and I honestly admire them for this.

While the coin flip thingy wasn't the best solution, it was still a good one, and if I need to be honest, I find it as a better one than the one you suggested. The coin flip will at least give an actual chance to Core to get featured and make the people who enjoy playing it, happy. I don't think management did it for the sake of efficiency only, no matter that this was what they said.

I suggest a solution myself:
Alternate the two modes. For example, next time when BlockWars wins the voting process, BlockWars CTF will get featured, because last time the coin chose BlockWars Core. After players enjoy their favorite BlockWars CTF and BlockWars wins again, BlockWars Core will be the one to get featured. The two modes will remain not to be split in the poll, everyone will get a chance to play their favorite game, and therefore everyone will be happy.
If we were talking about chances then we would return to simply featuring the games in order. That way games like infection had a chance too.
But let me remind you the voting is just an additional 2 days and regardless of those featured games are still featured.
I think you may have noticed BlockWars Core is already featured very frequently regardless of voting results.
This voting mechanic isn’t about giving every game a fair chance, it’s about keeping the community satisfied with the system allowing them to participate on how it works.
Also, Core is a reaaaaally broken game that isn’t even worth playing. Usually if your team is winning the whole enemy team just leaves but there’s always that one person who doesn’t leave so you just have to continue spawn killing him and breaking the core 25 times until you win. It’s horribly boring and it takes twice as much time as a game of CTF.
Of course that is no excuse, because some people do prefer Core over CTF but the don’t represent the majority of people that play the server.
CTF represents the majority of people who play the server (in terms of featured games). And votings are about popularity.

Reactions: Elenahh

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Here's an example of what he means, this is no rare occurrence as it basically happens every game. No one finds this fun.
2019-06-16_14.38.46.png

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If we were talking about chances then we would return to simply featuring the games in order. That way games like infection had a chance too.
But let me remind you the voting is just an additional 2 days and regardless of those featured games are still featured.
I think you may have noticed BlockWars Core is already featured very frequently regardless of voting results.
This voting mechanic isn’t about giving every game a fair chance, it’s about keeping the community satisfied with the system allowing them to participate on how it works.
Also, Core is a reaaaaally broken game that isn’t even worth playing. Usually if your team is winning the whole enemy team just leaves but there’s always that one person who doesn’t leave so you just have to continue spawn killing him and breaking the core 25 times until you win. It’s horribly boring and it takes twice as much time as a game of CTF.
Of course that is no excuse, because some people do prefer Core over CTF but the don’t represent the majority of people that play the server.
CTF represents the majority of people who play the server (in terms of featured games). And votings are about popularity.
I see now, thanks for your message. I will have to agree with what you said and your suggestion for splitting the game modes then.

Reactions: iiJqlian_ and Eli
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom