Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Skyblock, try to stay on topic!

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom
Side Quests become available after completing the main quests of an island. I want to make them fun, challenging and engaging, and offer helpful rewards upon completion. I have a ton of Side Quests lined up, but I also want to see what ideas everyone can come up with.

Side Quests can be a single Quest, or part of a series of Quests. They should be a decent length. Here's an example of a simple Side Quest:

upload_2020-2-24_21-42-52.png

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

If you have an idea for a fun, quirky or challenging Side Quest, feel free to reply to this thread. I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Hope everyone is having fun so far!

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Perhaps something like a wood cutter side task?
Get 5000 oak wood, 4000 spruce wood, 3000 jungle wood, 2000 birch wood, 1000 acacia wood.
I don't know if there will be dark oak, I'm not that far. I also don't know about the amounts ^^ because 5k oak wood is.. quite a lot.
But yeah, maybe you can do somethign with that?

Perhaps a reward could be a diamond axe? or a few iron.

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
Perhaps something like a wood cutter side task?
Get 5000 oak wood, 4000 spruce wood, 3000 jungle wood, 2000 birch wood, 1000 acacia wood.
I don't know if there will be dark oak, I'm not that far. I also don't know about the amounts ^^ because 5k oak wood is.. quite a lot.
But yeah, maybe you can do somethign with that?

Perhaps a reward could be a diamond axe? or a few iron.

For that amount of work, the rewards are not good, maybe something like 500,000 coins & the diamond axe would be better.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
For that amount of work, the rewards are not good, maybe something like 500,000 coins & the diamond axe would be better.
It's just an idea.. I quickly wrote this. Nowhere near perfect, I'm aware. I think the amounts should be a bit less but this is just to get an idea.

Reactions: Dohaa

EziGaming

Apr 14, 2018
Side quest - Party Time!
- obtain all music discs
Side quest - Worth it
- enchant wooden pickaxe to level 5
Side quest - Fishing time!
-enchant fishing rod to level 3
Side quest - Money!
-collect 15000 melon slices

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I think most of the quests are under rewarding.... taking a ton of time to craft a ton of stuff and then getting 5xp bottles in return. The late game challenges should offer way more

I kinda thought the rewards where just a joke on purpose. Ah, did you just upgrade a cow spawner to level? Here have 64 leather! Really did you just gather 500 feathers? Here a few eggs.

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't think this is possible in SB

dd0.jpg

I think most of the quests are under rewarding.... taking a ton of time to craft a ton of stuff and then getting 5xp bottles in return. The late game challenges should offer way more

You're right. Late game challenges should offer way more, and they will. I'm open to feedback, but I don't want to make rewards too overpowered as it would create an unbalance in the game and the economy.

I kinda thought the rewards where just a joke on purpose. Ah, did you just upgrade a cow spawner to level? Here have 64 leather! Really did you just gather 500 feathers? Here a few eggs.

You're partially right. Some Side Quests are joke quests. Side Quests aren't necessary to be completed, but there will be a lot of people out there who will strive to complete as many quests as they can. Some Side Quests will make other Side Quests available upon completion, effectively branching off into a tree where each new Side Quest will be more challenging and offer better rewards.

We're still in Beta, and always making changes based on player feedback.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
An Unhealthy Meal (Unlocked by quest "Cookie Crafter")
Side Quest

You just made so many cookies for your new cookie shop but there's no one to buy them! Eat them all so they don't go to waste!

Dimension: Overworld
Island: Jungle

Objectives:
- Eat Cookies: 0/2000

Rewards:
- 75000 Coins
I hope you do realize almost everyone who's just done that quest has thrown those cookies away? Then they'd have to make 2k new cookies............

Reactions: driima

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I hope you do realize almost everyone who's just done that quest has thrown those cookies away? Then they'd have to make 2k new cookies............
It would appear right after the main quest has been completed so once they crafted them all they can see they'll have to start eating. As for the people who already did them but threw away their cookies, if they've passed the cookie quest then they most likely already have a cocoa farm setup which makes it easier to craft them again (they didn't have one before which made the main quest harder). It's also just a side quest which isn't needed to advance in the game so the importance of this isn't really that high.

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom

It would appear right after the main quest has been completed so once they crafted them all they can see they'll have to start eating. As for the people who already did them but threw away their cookies, if they've passed the cookie quest then they most likely already have a cocoa farm setup which makes it easier to craft them again (they didn't have one before which made the main quest harder). It's also just a side quest which isn't needed to advance in the game so the importance of this isn't really that high.

Eating quests are some of the better Side Quests because they can be done anywhere in the game at any time, and as with all Side Quests, there is no need or rush to complete them. I see both points of view here in that making so many cookies can be a drag, but the rewards for such a quest would be expected to be very high.

lliqzkB.gif

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Okay so, I kinda rushed my sidequests and haven't received any new ones since like, island 3 or 4. So besides all the fun and creative sidequests being suggested right now (like the eat 2000 cookie one). I'd also like to see some more plain grindy challenges, just to give players more goals to work towards while waiting 10 hours for a birch tree to grow. Stuff like: Kill x amount of Skeletons/Zombies/Spiders etc. , Harvest x amount of this this and this. Create tiers in old side-quests, the first potato (collect 500) and pumpkin (collect 200) were really easy to complete. Having those challenges come back, but harder, would be really nice imo. Just because it gives players some sort of objective while waiting. (I'll add some of these in my suggesteds below to elaborate on what I mean)

Then, I also tried to come up with some semi-original ones, I suck at naming things so I didn't. I put the amount of times my suggested quests would have to be repeated in brackets, these are of course not final. Also, I haven't completed all challenges yet, so there is a chance I came up with some that exist already, my bad in advance.

- Tame and Kill cats (20x)
- Drink milk while poisoned (50x)
- Throw eggs at chickens (1000x) (I have soo many eggs its stupid)
- Make red carpet (60x)
- Collect 640 leaves of each tree
- Make jack-o-lanterns (500x)
- Have 10 snowgolem bosses roaming around your island at the same time
- Have 10 iron golem bosses roaming around your island at the same time
- Hit skeletons with their own arrows (shields) (100x)
- Consume rotten flesh (1000x)
- Place slabs (50.000x) (came up with a title for this one: "True Skyblock Player")
- Burn lifestock before killing it (either with fire aspect or a flintnsteel) (200x)

Some of the "returning but harder" challenges
- Make 4000 crafting tables
- Harvest 20.000 cocoa beans
- Harvest 30.000 melons
- Upgrade a cow spawner to level 30
- Harvest 2000 cacti
- Kill 10.000 chickens

again, idk about the amounts I just threw in some numbers lol. Let me know what u think please :D

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I've added new Side Quests for Jungle, and cookies are a part of that, but I promise you there's no more cookie quests after the cookie related quest(s) on Jungle, and that the rewards are worth it. :)

You can use hoppers to make your life a little easier.

how about one. final. banger. 10M cookies as the last challenge :p

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom