Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello dear readers, in this small suggestion I would like to present my little idea for the appeal site.

At the moment it is the case that when you are banned only the name of the staff member and the reason is shown.
I have now seen more and more people in Staffhelp asking for how long other players have been punished. For this reason it occurred to me that it would be better if there is also the time that is left, till the player got unmuted/unbanned.
It is a small function, but it can help a lot. among other things its good for the Staffhelp channel to avoid unnecessary messages.

example.png

As you can see from this example. There is only the staff member, the time when the punishment was created and the reason of the punishment.

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I wouldn’t do the time that’s left, but rather when the punishment ends, cuz that stays the same during the whole punishment
I would suggest that it then work like a kind of "countdown"
sure, there could also be the time till the ban runs out.
However, there are then also difficulties with the time zones of the various players, therfor its better if there is a countdown.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think its a bad idea, all people can know if someone is banned/muted and give more information to other people its not good. Maybe showing the time but when the person that was punished set the appeal code.

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I think its a bad idea, all people can know if someone is banned/muted and give more information to other people its not good. Maybe showing the time but when the person that was punished set the appeal code.
I wouldn't say so. As you may have followed the Staffhelp Channel, you will also see increased inquiries about the times of a punishment. And since the staff team is corrected to disclose this information. I would introduce this function to make things easier.

Thunder

⚡ Moderator ⚡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jun 8, 2020
Istanbul, Türkiye
I would suggest that it then work like a kind of "countdown"
sure, there could also be the time till the ban runs out.
However, there are then also difficulties with the time zones of the various players, therfor its better if there is a countdown.
A countdown will always be changing but the expiration time will always be the same. So adding an expiration date and time is gonna be an easier way in my opinion. It is less complicated. For example, saying an exact date and time instead of saying "12 days 6 hours 30 minutes left" will be easier to understand. Or they can add both, but adding also a countdown when there is already an expiration date and time won't be logical. Timezones will differ but this has always been a problem, everyone is not living in the same region. Maybe the name of the timezone can be added at the end of time part of the punishments and expiration dates. Like Jan 1, 2021 12:00:00 AM UTC

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I agree this should be a thing, and I agree with Thunder that it should be a set time, rather than a countdown.

The only thing I would add is that it should tell you what timezone the unmute/unban date/time is in.

For example: You’re mute will be lifted on Friday july 26th at 12:11 Pacific time.

I think that is good enough, since you can just google what time that is for you, and would help avoid some of the confusion with timezones.

Thanks,
Owl

4Moonlightt

Sr. Modlightt
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 10, 2020
Hyrule
What if it just says what kinds of punishment it is like 1 day/ 7 days/ 30 days/ permanent. This would be simple to add and it wouldn't bring confusion with time zones. Also if a player does get a permanent punishment it wouldn't give a end date in your option, but with this they could see it is permanent.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't say so. As you may have followed the Staffhelp Channel, you will also see increased inquiries about the times of a punishment. And since the staff team is corrected to disclose this information. I would introduce this function to make things easier.
I know but i just said that would be better if the time remaining is showed when you put your appeal code, just to avoid that other people may know this information

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I agree this should be a thing, and I agree with Thunder that it should be a set time, rather than a countdown.

The only thing I would add is that it should tell you what timezone the unmute/unban date/time is in.

For example: You’re mute will be lifted on Friday july 26th at 12:11 Pacific time.

I think that is good enough, since you can just google what time that is for you, and would help avoid some of the confusion with timezones.

Thanks,
Owl
I would also say that's an good idea.
Maybe some player will find this annoying, thefor I would say a player has the one time chance to selcted a timezone who he's living in.

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I know but i just said that would be better if the time remaining is showed when you put your appeal code, just to avoid that other people may know this information
If you want to know how long ur friend is muted (for example) you have to ask your friend or the staffteam.
But in my eyes its easier if you only look at appeals.cubecraft.net to see when the player got unbanned/unmuted.

Reactions: Thunder

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
If you want to know how long ur friend is muted (for example) you have to ask your friend or the staffteam.
But in my eyes its easier if you only look at appeals.cubecraft.net to see when the player got unbanned/unmuted.
Okay but maybe the person that is banned/muted dont want you to see when his ban expire

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
What if it just says what kinds of punishment it is like 1 day/ 7 days/ 30 days/ permanent. This would be simple to add and it wouldn't bring confusion with time zones. Also if a player does get a permanent punishment it wouldn't give a end date in your option, but with this they could see it is permanent.
mhhh. This is also a good thing. But I would rather see the time till the punishment ends.
because not every player is good at maths 😂

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
im not sure why people besides from the punished player should be provided with this information. sounds more like thats information only the punished player has to know, and they can check how long they've been punished for ingame.
Yea you're right.
I only made this suggestion because I saw a lot of ppl. who asked how long a player is muted/banned.
And ofc I also ask Staff via. DM how long a player is muted/banned. And they give the information a.s.a.p
So why not adding this feature to the appealsite?

Reactions: Thunder

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
...Because I don't think the non-punished players need to know since it's none of their business? And about staffhelp, I really wonder why this is even asked in #staff-help by players while it's not about them :p
Because it is nice to know how long someone is muted for. Might be someone you dislike, and you're happy they are muted. Or someone who has been cheating for a long time, and you'd like to know if the ban is perm or not. There are tons of reasons someone would want to know how long a punishment is for. I mainly don't see why anyone else wouldn't be allowed to know

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Top Bottom