Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Ender Pearls be added to EggWars Normal?

• Total voters

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
No it shouldnt be added and thats final!
There is safebridging!
If you want E-Pearls, play in OP mode, or buy a rank.

Reactions: Baploon
U

Unipotato

Boy, I have seen this time and time again. I say no, if you want enderpearls, just vote for OP or go into a game where someone else votes for OP. Yes, you are not going to get this every game but if you really want Enderpearls go buy a rank *hint* so you vote and you will be supporting our wonderful server! It's most likely never going to happen due to all the negative responses. Building a safe bridge is not that hard, I have lost so many games because the other team has built a bridge where they can't be shot off.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Boy, I have seen this time and time again. I say no, if you want enderpearls, just vote for OP or go into a game where someone else votes for OP. Yes, you are not going to get this every game but if you really want Enderpearls go buy a rank *hint* so you vote and you will be supporting our wonderful server! It's most likely never going to happen due to all the negative responses. Building a safe bridge is not that hard, I have lost so many games because the other team has built a bridge where they can't be shot off.
EXACTLY MY POINT!!
Thank you!
Finally SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!
(Sorry dor the caps im just so hyped rn)

Garden Salad

Dec 18, 2016
EggWars Lobby 1

Yes! Finally!

Reactions: Deeds

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Personally I feel that the E pearl should be added to normal. There will always be a mixed response, however I will always stick to my word.

The reason why I feel E Pearls should be added is because it helps prevent long games (by long games, I mean over 1 hour games).

The enderpearl will mean that safety bridges will not be the only way to transport yourself towards a 'camper'. The enderpearl will allow you to pearl over with ease ( as long as you throw it right).

Some people will say it will make the game go too fast, my response is to increase the price (I recommend 1.5/2 stacks of diamonds). This way people will have to save up to buy it.

The downside of an increase in price, will mean people may camp on their islands for diamonds. A response to this, is to introduce a villager at mid that only sells enderpearls, this means that for people to buy it, you have to leave your island.

Some people will say that they will get stealth attacked by an enderpearl before they have full obsidian. A response to this is that you can only buy the enderpearl if the length of the game has reached a certain amount of time (I recommend around 1 hour).

Some people will say that it will make the enderpearl be the most used item in terms of transport. My response to this, is that each team can buy up to 2 enderpearls each collectively as a team (this can change depending on maps). This will mean that players will have to truly think before they buy, they will have to decide if they need it.

If you have any opposing points, feel free to quote me and I will be happy to share my opinion. Thanks !

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The reason why I feel E Pearls should be added is because it helps prevent long games (by long games, I mean over 1 hour games).
it can prevent long games, BUT: It can also create absurdly long games.
Imagine E-pearling to a camper on Teaparty, the camper has 1 gen, and right as you go there, he starts hiding and E-pearls to mid.
Now you're the one "camping" on that island with 1 gen, while he has all the other gens and the chance to hide again.
This can happen again, and again, and again, and pretty much create a 3 hr game. Even @Lezappen has experienced this.

The enderpearl will mean that safety bridges will not be the only way to transport yourself towards a 'camper'. The enderpearl will allow you to pearl over with ease ( as long as you throw it right).
That's way too easy.
There's no risk, and it renders camping basically useless. I know that that's the point, but it's the same as not allowing camping.

Some people will say it will make the game go too fast, my response is to increase the price (I recommend 1.5/2 stacks of diamonds). This way people will have to save up to buy it.
great.
more camping.
And higher prices do NOT mean balanced items.

The downside of an increase in price, will mean people may camp on their islands for diamonds. A response to this, is to introduce a villager at mid that only sells enderpearls, this means that for people to buy it, you have to leave your island.
yay mid camping!
Seriously though, mid camping is a serious issue and this would encourage it.

Some people will say that they will get stealth attacked by an enderpearl before they have full obsidian. A response to this is that you can only buy the enderpearl if the length of the game has reached a certain amount of time (I recommend around 1 hour).
By the time someone has an enderpearl, I highly doubt that you wouldn't have had enough time for obby.
Not that it matters, as you can still get sneak-attacked with a diamond pick.

Some people will say that it will make the enderpearl be the most used item in terms of transport. My response to this, is that each team can buy up to 2 enderpearls each collectively as a team (this can change depending on maps). This will mean that players will have to truly think before they buy, they will have to decide if they need it.
So you can swap places twice? that's not very effective as people can move to another island to camp.

If you have any opposing points, feel free to quote me and I will be happy to share my opinion. Thanks !
I felt free

Reactions: Lezappen and Deeds

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
@Gainfullterror Thank you for the comments. I fully appreciate what you have said. I've never heard or seen mid camping, but I would actually think it's a good thing. Mid is a great place to fight, and it's better than people staying at their islands.

The main idea that I was trying to get forward, was that ender pearls should only be a late game strategy. I fully understand , and agree that ender pearls can affect the game play, but They would definately come in useful when trying to get to sky bases or really annoying campers.

If we could find a way to implement them for those reasons, I would be very happy.

Again, Thanks for the comments :-P

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I would actually think it's a good thing. Mid is a great place to fight, and it's better than people staying at their islands.
Mid is a great place to fight, but you can't fight there if you can't get there. That's what mid camping is about.
They have all of the diamonds, while you have none, so they can pelt you with arrows and you can't do a thing about it.
The main idea that I was trying to get forward, was that ender pearls should only be a late game strategy. I fully understand , and agree that ender pearls can affect the game play, but They would definately come in useful when trying to get to sky bases or really annoying campers.
The thing is, Ender pearls as a late game item will probably make the game last even longer than it already can, as you can easily escape with an E-pearl.

Again, Thanks for the comments :p
No problem dude

Reactions: Grimmay

CharlesTIS

Mar 22, 2015
If the enderpearl is added to Eggwars Normal I thing that it could be much OP. I like it like it is right now

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I say no to e-pearls in normal for many reasons.
But, there are some reasons why i think they should be added (not going to explain), im kimd of 50/50 on the e-pearl in normal thing.
But, i lean towards the no side, and i will defend the no side under most circumstances.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
Honestly, too many people camp that's why the epearls are needed. I was once in a game myself where the living player was in desperate of an enderpearl. However, since it was normal they were unable to get one leading to the player having to /leave the game as it was literally impossible for the player to get on the island itself to kill the remaining person. A suggestion to keep people who don't want normal itself to change because of enderpearls would be to only add it to some maps and only make epearls available via emeralds and diamonds. Say you will have to get 32 emeralds and a stack of diamonds (no I'm not saying that those are the numbers for the epearl- those are just the first numbers that came to my head). This way, it will encourage people going to mid even more when there are few people left (which is why the emerald gens were added) and it will also make it extremely hard for anyone to camp the emeralds at mid right at the beginning with so many people going for it. That's just my suggestion but I mean, I guess having enderpearls would change the whole point of normal not being overpowered.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Yeah, but emeralds arent a priority in eggwars, nor are diamonds or gold, because you can choose not to get them.
But, in eggwars, diamonds are more valuable than emeralds in my opinion, because if you don't have them you are less likely to win the game.
As if you have diamonds and no emeralds, emeralds really wont help you that much (unless you get the diamond armour god set in OP mode), and plus, emeralds arent even on most of the maps.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
What I meant to get through was that as emeralds aren't a priority in the game iteself it would be nice to give them some as a bonus and of course, diamonds will be important- they get you the best armour in whatever mode you may be playing. However, the reason for it costing emeralds is that it forces the player to leave their own island and as emeralds take a huge time to actually get it will also be a last point go to rather than someone farming epearls at the start of the game. I realise emeralds are not on most maps, which therefore lead me to say "A suggestion to keep people who don't want normal itself to change because of enderpearls would be to only add it to some maps" which would be some of the maps that do contain emeralds, and I am sure they will more likely than not introduce more maps that will have emerald gens. I don't think you've understood my suggestion as I've meant for it to be understood- That may be my lack of explanation or just simply a case of misunderstanding.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
You want to use e-pearls? OP is for you. Epearls are in OP because fights are usually based on who has more armor sets. Full Prot 5 Iron Armor against a Sharp 5 Diamond Sword does minimal damage. Combine with the infinite absorption strategy and fights last until somebody falls off the edge. Really not entertaining IMO, so enderpearls are there to try and help others escape for more interesting plays. Sorry if I did too much of a run-on. In simpler form:

Fights take forever with OP Armor + Sword + Absorption
Only way to die is to lose all armor sets or fall off edge
Only way to escape is to epearl.

Essentially, epearls are in OP so that it's possible to escape fights and make fights more interesting.

If epearls were in normal mode, then somebody would just go straight ahead, rush epearl, throw to nearest player's base without them ever knowing and destroying their egg. OP is for this sort of thing, not normal IMO.

Sorry for long post xd

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Okay I see a lot of people claiming that enderpearls need to exist in normal because of campers.
Using that logic, Obsidian would have to be way cheaper because of rushers.

See what I did? I suggested something to make another strategy less overpowered.
In both situations, you probably won't survive if you don't know what to do.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Top Bottom