Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
You have to consider the ontology of a shield. A shield is an item that players use to deflect arrows and avoid taking melee damage. While this may appear to be an incredibly overpowered item, please consider the following:

Shields give players a way to avoid arrows. Players could already avoid arrows by placing blocks, towering up to 30 blocks above the archer, or by just moving left or right. Arrows are not a big obstacle to overcome if you're using any sort of strategic movement or block placement. If anything, shields just make it easier to reach your island, reducing the amount of time wasted in matches by slow bridge-building.

Shields allow players to defend themselves from melee attacks... unless you're using an axe. Buy an axe. We added axes for a reason.

There's really no reason to get upset at shield users. It's really not too difficult to tower over them and drop some tnt, or just simply knock them into the void (shields don't reduce knockback!)

It seems like a very minor thing. I've personally played Eggwars a lot since shields were added and I really see no problem with them. They force you to think outside the box and come up with creative ways to fight. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Eli wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom