Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 486292

Many of you all probably know exactly why I am writing this suggestion (that likely won't ever come to fruition in the near future because even popular suggestions rarely get feedback from the people in power to approve such a change, but let's hope this post proves that notion wrong).

It's safe to say that all players can agree that playing on high ping is abysmal due to a multitude of factors, such being constant lag backs from placing blocks and the far-from-perfect (yet noticeably improving) anticheat, delayed hit registration, terrible knockback calculations (something that even happens on low ping, but that's also for another suggestion), and random anomalies with having an overseas connection. I for one can concur, I've had to constantly deal with 175-200 ping, making smooth gameplay extremely difficult, especially on the bug-infested bedrock network.

As many Hive players are aware, the Hive network has had server regions for quite some time. This is just one of the reasons why I personally believe they are the leading network in terms of overall popularity, player count, and influencer attention (among other things that I won't get into in this thread). I personally don't like comparing the Hive to Cubecraft because they are very different networks, but regardless of what they orient themselves around, server stability and client connection should be a priority regardless. The hive seems to always have accommodated for the really niche and technical aspects of server development, and I feel like the cubecraft network is seriously lacking in this department. I think this may be one of the reasons why it is always seen as a step down from the hive for many non-cubecraft players and hive players alike, respectively. (just my opinion, feel free to disagree and leave a comment)

I do not have specific data/statistics, but evidently there is a big NA community that plays cubecraft, potentially even bigger than EU, or at the very least, the majority of the player base lives in a region other than the EU. If you are fortunate enough to live on the far East Coast and have a reliable connection, you can manage playing on the network with minimal interruption from latency. But, the reality is that most people are not as fortunate as the scenario in which I painted. Talking with far east coast friends, the best ping from NA players i've seen is roughly 90, which is decent but again, that number can double for west coast players such as myself.

Each time I check the list of players on the java network, there is often a fair proportion of players, sometimes even the majority, that have 120+ ping. The effects of this net a large disadvantage in specific instances in pvp including, but not limited to, rodding, bowing, and block placement, which all require very specific timing. This can only be feasibly atoned for if latency is reduced.

I should also mention communication between regions in the hypothetical (but hopefully real-life) instance in which there were 2 regions, NA and EU. Players could still invite to parties across regions, but all players would be transferred to the region of the host if party members are from a different region.

Essentially, if cubecraft were to add an NA region on top of EU, all players would enjoy a better experience in terms of gameplay and server stability. A substantial amount of the cubecraft player base would enjoy a better experience as well, due to a large audience from regions apart from the EU as it stands. Additionally, the network might attract more players that choose not to play cubecraft due to latency issues, and it could be 1 step closer for cubecraft to achieve the same server infrastructure stability as the hive network (which has very little bugs and latency issues).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Heya,

I do agree that having multiple regions would certainly help for performance across multiple areas around the world, but there are a lot of factors that need to be looked into before anything like this gets started on or implemented. We would need to locate and find new trustworthy hosts from different areas across the world which would be able to handle the amount of traffic we normally receive. There would also be a lot of changes required to be made to our infrastructure, based on how players are connecting to the main network through these hosts.

There is no doubt that this would also create extra challenges to get everything running smoothly.

I don't see this happening anytime soon right now because of these factors, but in the future, there is a chance this might become a possibility. As our network expands it is important that we keep the community able to connect to the network and have a great experience regardless of their locations.

D

Deleted member 486292

Heya,

I do agree that having multiple regions would certainly help for performance across multiple areas around the world, but there are a lot of factors that need to be looked into before anything like this gets started on or implemented. We would need to locate and find new trustworthy hosts from different areas across the world which would be able to handle the amount of traffic we normally receive. There would also be a lot of changes required to be made to our infrastructure, based on how players are connecting to the main network through these hosts.

There is no doubt that this would also create extra challenges to get everything running smoothly.

I don't see this happening anytime soon right now because of these factors, but in the future, there is a chance this might become a possibility. As our network expands it is important that we keep the community able to connect to the network and have a great experience regardless of their locations.

I completely understand that implementing this would certainly cause some difficulties, but really what youre saying is that its too much work to do at the moment, which doesnt make a whole lot of sense. The traffic is getting bigger since the network is expanding, and hosting everything on the same server is probably a source of lag. You could potentially kill 2 birds with 1 stone here, so the traffic on each region could be half of what it is on the main server currently. The whole task may be arduous but is definitely worthwhile. Why wait?

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I agree that this should be done, but perhaps not right now. The team are probably busy doing other things and don't want to drop what they are doing to just help people get better ping, however I feel as there is a growing playerbase this does need to be done at some point.

D

Deleted member 486292

I agree that this should be done, but perhaps not right now. The team are probably busy doing other things and don't want to drop what they are doing to just help people get better ping, however I feel as there is a growing playerbase this does need to be done at some point.
Okay, I suppose its fair to say it should wait so other things can be done without having to take a break or stall current projects. But I would at least like a confirmation that this will be implemented in the future. It likely will be necessary to keep up with the growing infrastructure, as I touched on in the original thread.

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
There have already been many suggestions about adding more servers and theyve determined it would be very expensive and would split the player base.

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
I STRONGLY AGREE with nrss. CC has a lot of potential, but when I start spamming blocks (like I’m playing bridge duels), I‘m getting a CONSIDERABLE amount of block lag. sometimes when I jumpbridge, the blocks sometimes lag and only register when I fall through them (which is VERY INFURIATING). I could even bet that it could make sentinel even more powerful. When I was on a sw game, I lagged into a block I placed, and I was easy prey (I got spleefed on). when I was on a few games on skywars, it’s common to find in calculations to be off. sometimes, they get 0-1 block of kb even thou I was w tapping, and sometimes they absolutely get DROPPED.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I agree with u but tbh I have 200 mbps and 160 ms but I play totally fine and the only problems I experience are bugs that many players do. So I think if you have good enough wifi then u will be fine but I think it would be nice if they added a an host tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom