Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
So, I have taken notice to the constant spam in all of the lobbies in every game of this Server IP being spammed. I have talked to a few staff about the situation, and they said they have been muting and banning the people left and right. It is a new problem, only starting a few days ago, but I am concerned that these people that are saying the IP may be bots. The amount of people and/or bots is a lot, since I have screenshots of over two hundred different tags that are saying it. I know the staff are doing their best to fix the problem, but I am wondering what will happen if it keeps happening?
Thank you for your time in reading this small thread, and I will appreciate the answers I may get.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
So, I have taken notice to the constant spam in all of the lobbies in every game of this Server IP being spammed. I have talked to a few staff about the situation, and they said they have been muting and banning the people left and right. It is a new problem, only starting a few days ago, but I am concerned that these people that are saying the IP may be bots. The amount of people and/or bots is a lot, since I have screenshots of over two hundred different tags that are saying it. I know the staff are doing their best to fix the problem, but I am wondering what will happen if it keeps happening?
Thank you for your time in reading this small thread, and I will appreciate the answers I may get.
There isn't much we can do for all I know. We could try IP banning them but then players nearby (In real life) will be banned aswell. These bots IPS are also constantly changing. I guess we can just keep reporting and hope they pass on.

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
There isn't much we can do for all I know. We could try IP banning them but then players nearby (In real life) will be banned aswell. These bots IPS are also constantly changing. I guess we can just keep reporting and hope they pass on.

Not everyone in an area has the same Internet Protocol, otherwise providers would of have a lot hassle. However, for these players they are bots but majority of them are alternative accounts, and the IP's are changing most likely because of VPNS. However, your wrong by saying nearby players will be banned as well, ony those connected to the same Protocol - router will be banned.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
nope report them likely muted for the chance that it is an actual player

that is something I question about this
why are they all bots?
Now i am not saying they are but everyone assumes they are and not that they might be people dedicated to that server

Well none of the people should be banned the bots should but not the people

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.
Hey Cybs... I have realized this too. They are bots.. They all have just a plain Steve skin and weird usernames. They repeat the same message about every 30 seconds... I have no idea why this is. PM the server IP's they are advertising and I can look into it and inform staff.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Hey Cybs... I have realized this too. They are bots.. They all have just a plain Steve skin and weird usernames. They repeat the same message about every 30 seconds... I have no idea why this is. PM the server IP's they are advertising and I can look into it and inform staff.
Yes, I have actually talked to Tacos about this. He says he has banned and muted over 1,000 of them, already. That's scary, to me. If they can have all these bots being loaded, who says they won't be able to move to other servers? What if they don't stop? Who are the server creators? I am getting scared for the security of CubeCraft, mainly. These bots are technically using an illegal client, since there are so many.

B

Britney Spears

but I am wondering what will happen if it keeps happening?

For now, we're making sure every single spamming account gets punished, we have a convenient way of finding those spammers so fear not. If you find a spammer feel free to upload a screenshot on our staff-help channel in Discord and we'll deal with them, you could also report them at reports.cubecraft.net

We've noticed these pesky spammers and we're already working on a fix to make advertising IP's a lot less convenient for those spamming accounts.

Reactions: TriangleAttack
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #60-
A jiffy is an actual unit of time, equal to 1/100th of a second.
2 months of facts, WE ALL DID IT! 🎉
I am not sure if I will continue writing facts or quit them, but yay 2 months!
I was tired of searching for facts manually, so I used Chat-gpt today.
I think that I broke chat-gpt-
1000082425.jpg
1000082426.jpg
Reesle wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Basketman's profile.
Late happy birthday! Hope it was very good! 🎉🏀
yeoxuhang wrote on Basketman's profile.
I'm late but anyway Happy birthday!
Top Bottom