Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want 2 seperate announcement channels?

• Total voters

elfelf123

Novice Member
Aug 14, 2020
So recently there have been a lot of changes to eggwars, but there are differences between java and bedrock.
I have a community discord server with about 100 members. And because i want to keep my member up to date of whats happening on cubecraft i followed #announcements.

Now here is where my problem starts. My community server consists out of only java players. But we also get updates about bedrock. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make 2 announcements channels? 1 for all the java updates and 1 for all the bedrock updates?

Cause as of now everytime an update about bedrock comes out everyone in my server is like: ew bedrock and then a whole discussion starts about why bedrock is better and why there are no seperate announcement channels.

D

Deleted member 469419

Okay, I understand what your problem is and how more or less we could solve it (As you own proposed).

Although in every discord announcement there's always a message that says if it's about java or bedrock. Anyways, they could make a specific section which have two channels, one named "Java" and other named "Bedrock".

Then, this "problem" of confuse message between platforms would disappear.

Bloem_

Nov 29, 2019
I feel like its a good idea. I get that it says what version its for but in Elf and my community server we follow the updates but our platform only plays on java and we get lots of updates which are only for bedrock..

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
It can be a good idea to stop confusion and split things up, but there is also General announcements for the server like when there is new Helpers or something within the whole of the Network. There is also a title with "Bedrock" or "Java" to stop confusion, so I don't think it is that needed.

elfelf123

Novice Member
Aug 14, 2020
It can be a good idea to stop confusion and split things up, but there is also General announcements for the server like when there is new Helpers or something within the whole of the Network. There is also a title with "Bedrock" or "Java" to stop confusion, so I don't think it is that needed.
Its not the problem that its confusing, my server only has java players so we dont need any info about bedrock.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I like this idea! Yes, they mention if it's for Java or Bedrock at the start of each message. However, if people follow the announcements channel on their own server and they're not interested in Bedrock (like you mentioned) this is kind of annoying.
Also I think Bedrock and Java are two different things. Making two different announcement channels can make it even more clear for which network the update is.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I don’t think this is necessary, it would just lead to confusion. How it is right now is fine, if your server doesn’t want to read Bedrock announcements then they don’t have to. I could understand how people could want it though, I voted yes.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
Top Bottom