Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft Focus all attention on improving the Sentinel?

• Focus all attention on Sentinel

• Focus all attention on Sentinel

• Don't, please state why in the comments (forgot to add this earlier :P )

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I know this is a really controversial topic, but hear me out. Sentinel is not the best anticheat, especially when dealing with 1.8 hackers. Servers such as hypixel and mineplex do much better jobs at their anticheats. Sentinel is not even competent enough to detect flying. If the sentinel can't ban people often enough (which, let's be honest, it can't), there will be too many hackers. They keep coming and coming and if the anticheat can't ban them then the moderators will have to, which there is not nearly enough of in comparison to hackers. Hackers are taking over. Cube needs to focus on improving the anticheat. And i may hear you say, 'oH BuT WhAt AbOuT ReCoRd -' shut up. It is not the players job to make the server better, it is the moderators jobs and the servers jobs. We are here to play, not to moderate. So i will put up a poll; if you think Cube should focus all attention on the anticheat, vote for so. Otherwise, state why please.

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi,

We all understand your frustrations though, cubecraft doesn't have an anticheat developer. That's why sentinel isn't updating. The hacked clients are making constantly new bypasses for anticheats and because cubecraft doesnt have a developer its really easy.

And i may hear you say, 'oH BuT WhAt AbOuT ReCoRd -' shut up. It is not the players job to make the server better, it is the moderators jobs and the servers jobs.

Cubecraft simpelly needs more staff members to control the server. They need 100 staff members at the end of this year and we can help them with reports.

if you think Cube should focus all attention on the anticheat

That's not smart. You'll get other problems if you do that.

This is my opinion on your thread.

Reactions: Fqnta

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
Hi, as @Itzqlmer said, they don't have a set anti-cheat developer. If you know anyone who would be fit for the role, the article can be found here. If you would like to help the server on a volunteer base, I would suggest checking the Helper application, which can be found here.

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere
I know this is a really controversial topic, but hear me out. Sentinel is not the best anticheat, especially when dealing with 1.8 hackers. Servers such as hypixel and mineplex do much better jobs at their anticheats. Sentinel is not even competent enough to detect flying. If the sentinel can't ban people often enough (which, let's be honest, it can't), there will be too many hackers. They keep coming and coming and if the anticheat can't ban them then the moderators will have to, which there is not nearly enough of in comparison to hackers. Hackers are taking over. Cube needs to focus on improving the anticheat. And i may hear you say, 'oH BuT WhAt AbOuT ReCoRd -' shut up. It is not the players job to make the server better, it is the moderators jobs and the servers jobs. We are here to play, not to moderate. So i will put up a poll; if you think Cube should focus all attention on the anticheat, vote for so. Otherwise, state why please.
I think you should add a poll with 2 different answers so that you can vote for what you think. Also you said "oH BuT WhAt AbOuT ReCoRd -' shut up. It is not the players job to make the server better, it is the moderators jobs and the servers jobs."
I kind off agree but also totally not agree because it's not the players job, but they can help the moderators, because moderating is not easy.
I hope you realise that it isn't simple to get hackers banned and if you think you are better then you can also apply for helper.
Regards

-Tijl :)

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere
And also as alperen sad they need an anti cheat dev, if you think you can do that or you know someone who can do that, apply for that job then :)

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
Also, yes, you are correct, it is 100% the server's job. But you have to realize, the moderators are on a volunteer basis and they also have lives. You might just say to have a higher acceptance rate, well then you'll have unqualified moderators that will eventually just kill the server. So, when you do record and fill out a report, you're helping a lot.

Reactions: Fqnta

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello,
I understand the frustrations.
cubecraft doesn't have an anticheat developer. That's why sentinel isn't updating. The hacked clients are making constantly new bypasses for anticheats and because cubecraft doesnt have a developer its really easy.
We are aware of Sentinel not working properly. As mentioned above, we do not have an anti-cheat developer at the moment and we are still looking for one. If you are one or you know someone who might fit this job, please let them apply HERE.
Besides, we want to expand our staff team and we're aiming to have 100 staff members by the end of this year. If you want to help us by applying for helper, please read this thread. We currently don't have enough moderators to deal with all of the rulebreakers, but we simply can't hire 100 staff members at once. It will take some time, but we are definitely working hard to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom