Not open for further replies.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Not every anti-cheat is perfect. As longs as it is banning hackers, then its fine.
The staff are still trying to fix issues within it. ;)

SUCKMYLARGEDICK

Novice Member
Dec 31, 2016
Sentinel is a good anticheat, if you believe you got false banned. Please make sure to contact @CrazymanJR on discord (CrazymanJR#4742) and explain everything you did before you got banned. But keep in mind, he is a busy man so you have to be patient. I wish you goodluck! :-)

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
tl;dr down

Ping is the speed, in milliseconds, of the time it takes the packets (packs containing info, such as movement in videogames)to arrive to the server, and to receive them. The higher the ping, more time will take the client to “receive” those moments and send them.

Simply checking for the ping of the users won’t improve Sentinel, as it depends of many things (such as current saturation of the server), and I can easily force “lag” by simply using a proxy or a VPN located in Mexico, for instance (my connection will go from Europe to Mexico, then to Europe again).

Additionally, internet connection does not affect at all how your character perform server-side. You cannot claim that X recorded you flying “because you were having lag and you were actually walking on grass”.

For instance, if you break a TNT block on a lobby, you may glitch and result in you getting (false) banned. Why? Because the client is saying “go down, there’s no” while the server is saying “No, you cannot, there’s a block and I am cancelling the block break event”, that results in the anticheat “think” you’re trying to change your Y coordinates too fast/teleport).

Packets may become corrupt for several reason, causing the anticheat to flag them. Many anticheats just flag it as “bad packets”.

tl;dr “Bad connection” is a fake, invalid reason.

Last edited:

CodeOfDark

Nov 7, 2017
now for e.g
for hack kill aura can attack from side right ? yes right :3
so coder can make function to check xyz player and look at that ppl want attack him or no if no check ping if ping low kick him not banned
but if not from ping then can banned him

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
now for e.g
so coder can make function to check xyz player and look at that ppl want attack him or no if no check ping if ping low kick him not banned
  • Use punctuation symbols, please. It took me 5 attemps to understand what you were trying to say :)
  • You can spoof coordinates
  • Doing that for every attack would overload the servers. Just imagine Tea Party (40 players) everytime they attack it will run a check for their coordinates, the "receiver"/damaged entity coordinates, check if they're looking at the target, check if the distance is major than 4 (maximum MC reach)... then a smart boi developer would come and spoof the coordinates or where the player is looking at... No, just no.

Advertisement

Feb 12, 2018
now for e.g
If they don't ban cheaters with smooth ping, they'll just continue cheating around the network. So that won't be a good idea.

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
If they don't ban cheaters with smooth ping, they'll just continue cheating around the network. So that won't be a good idea.

Please do not comment on threads that have not been replied to for over 2 weeks or 14 days, as it is considered necroposting which is against the forum rules, as stated in rule 5.
5- No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 2 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games or news threads).

Reactions: elchuii
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom