Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

HiggDawg

Jun 1, 2016
I'm sure that other players have made a post about sentinel.
How would you like to type /sentinel (player) (reason)
then in a couple of minutes there kicked out of the game and banned, because I believe that having to play with a hacker all the match is a pain in the butt, and when you lose the game to a hacker it's just so frustrating I'm right or wrong?

Thank you all for reading my suggestion, Have a nice evening.
-HiggDawg

Deconator

May 21, 2016
But can't senital take a look for itself? To check that the person is actually hacking?

LanceDaniels

Forum Expert
Jul 4, 2016
It's a good idea but It could have some troubles in the future. I mean someone can report a fake hacker.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
That's not how sentinel works. Sentinel is always watching every player that logs on, so /sentinel would be pointless. Also sentinel does not kick players, that's nocheat+. Sentinel also doesn't ban players on the spot. Since it's always watching, it can see when a player is hacking and they will be placed in a ban list. Sentinel later bans every player on that list every few hours. @Lezappen can explain this better. Also, this sounds a lot like Hypickle's Watchdog report system.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
Is this like a Watchdog report (/wdr <name> <reason>) as Hypixel has? When you have completed this command against someone you think he could hack, the player will be controled by Watchdog if he is indeed using a hacked-client or other forms of abuse.
Sentinel does not work on this way. Sentinel is watching every player on CubeCraft on hacked-clients or other forms of abuse.
Also, do not be afraid. Sentinel would not hurt you :rolleyes:

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
and then you could been banned for fake report
No you can't. If you aren't hacking, sentinel won't ban you. There's no possible way to make a fake report with this method. Sentinel is a program not a human so it can't possibly make mistakes. (Bugs don't count since they can be fixed)

Reactions: AgentSixP

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
So because another server has something similar, theres no chance his idea wikk get implemented?

*sigh* ok then...
What I meant was that Sentinel and Watchdog are very different is the way they work. One bans players on the spot by searching for them, and the other watches every player and puts them on a ban list. It would be pointless to tell Sentinel to watching a specific player is has been watching them ever since they logged on.
Check out one of the mod's(Lezappen) video on Sentinel https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/sentinel-also-my-channel-just-hit-23-000-views.186541/

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This is quite the same as /report, which was abused very heavily. So I don't agree with this idea because this will be abused very heavily too. And by the way, reporting is also a very good option which is most of the time faster and better.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm sure that other players have made a post about sentinel.
How would you like to type /sentinel (player) (reason)
then in a couple of minutes there kicked out of the game and banned, because I believe that having to play with a hacker all the match is a pain in the butt, and when you lose the game to a hacker it's just so frustrating I'm right or wrong?

Thank you all for reading my suggestion, Have a nice evening.
-HiggDawg

YES YES PLEASE

QBunny

Apr 12, 2017
Yes people can abuse this but what could be done is that if you do /sentinel (player) (reason) it watches that player for like 48 hours or 24 hours and if they are hacking or doing strange movement then it can be dealt with properly by sentinel.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
why not simply add a setting in the setting menu that, when you lose,automatically puts all playersin that game into a list that sentinel by the slightest chance that they are hacking permabans.
Would have about the same effect
(sarcasm)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
No you can't. If you aren't hacking, sentinel won't ban you. There's no possible way to make a fake report with this method. Sentinel is a program not a human so it can't possibly make mistakes. (Bugs don't count since they can be fixed)
Please tell me you are joking. Nothing in this world is perfect and nothing ever will be. Sentinel makes mistakes now, and will continue to make mistakes. There is no way around this. You can make the program better, but it will still make mistakes. Just look at all the false bans there have already been.
YES YES PLEASE
Yes people can abuse this but what could be done is that if you do /sentinel (player) (reason) it watches that player for like 48 hours or 24 hours and if they are hacking or doing strange movement then it can be dealt with properly by sentinel.
I don't think you get how sentinel works. It isn't just sitting on the side doing nothing until a staff member tells it to watch a player for hacking. Sentinel is watching everyone on the server. /sentinel would accomplish nothing as sentinel is already tracking that player. :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
Top Bottom