Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is the development of a sentinel-team a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EntityLqwered

Nov 24, 2019
Belgium
I just ran into another hacker in FFA. And again he is still not banned after + - 30 min. despite several reports for reach, fly, kill-aura, etc.

To ensure that cheaters get banned faster, I suggest setting up a sentinel-team (such as the translator team) of trusted players who - when online - can view reports and ban hackers when sentinel is not effective.

Obviously, I understand that there are drawbacks to the idea (such as abuse), but if the team would be limited to, for example, 50 active members over the age of 16 I think this is a good idea to help protect Cubecraft from cheaters.

If you think this would be a good concept, I would like to participate in its development.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
There are moderators, who have to ban cheaters. Sometimes they are busy with other things and there are not enough moderators to look at all reports. I think that it will work better if they upgrade sentinel (they searching for a developer) and they could get a bigger moderator team, which they are already working on. So I think that it is matter of time before cubecraft will be able to instantly ban hackers.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think this is needed, mods (and Helper, but I'm not sure if they do) already do this. Yes it might be a longer waiting time, but at moment the staff team is (rapidly) growing and when they find an anti-cheat developer. This problem will be minimized! So I'll be voting no

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I don't think this is needed, mods (and Helper, but I'm not sure if they do) already do this. Yes it might be a longer waiting time, but at moment the staff team is (rapidly) growing and when they find an anti-cheat developer. This problem will be minimized! So I'll be voting no
As far as I know, helpers don't handle reports. Because they have to record hackers themselves. You can see what who does in the staff team at this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/staff-ranks-description.225878/

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi, thanks for the suggestion!

We currently have a rigorous helper recruitment and mentoring program where our moderators are able to ban any rule-breakers with confidence and efficiency. Implementing a new system for banning players is almost pointless as it is a moderator's responsibility and as our staff team increases in size to reach our goal of 100 community staff by the end of the year, we'll be able to attend /report's more often. As a result, we will not be considering this for the future.

If you do have any more suggestions, feel free to make another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
Top Bottom