• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
Hello I am sugesting that something similar to the watchdog command on hypixel be added to catch hackers in the act. This would save the time needed to record a video with sufficient evidence, render it upload it, the. Create a report and cross your fingers that the hacker/modder gets a ban.

Simply use the command /sentinel or something similar like /report or /s a help GUI could pop up at the keywords "hacker" "hax" or "hacks" with information about the command

-have a nice day Nathan

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I don't agree with this idea. This is just like the /report command which got removed due to the command being heavily abused. This command will get abused as well. Also, Sentinel is a BOT who is always watching games and banning hackers. It's not that you can just call Sentinel and ask if he wants to come to your game and watch and ban a hacker, it's absolutely not like that. If there's a hacker in your game, you can either record and report him/her or Sentinel will ban him/her eventually.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Actually @MagnificentSpam made a suggestion on having a message popping up once you mention words like 'hax' or 'hacking' in the chat. Mainly to assist those who are unknown to how reporting rule breakers works, and to reduce the amount of accusers.

I however don't agree if it's about a command, because things like /report or /sentinel are commands that can easily be abused.

Reactions: BadGuy

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I don't agree with this idea. This is just like the /report command which got removed due to the command being heavily abused. This command will get abused as well. Also, Sentinel is a BOT who is always watching games and banning hackers. It's not that you can just call Sentinel and ask if he wants to come to your game and watch and ban a hacker, it's absolutely not like that. If there's a hacker in your game, you can either record and report him/her or Sentinel will ban him/her eventually.
How do you abuse a bot command? All it would do is just check the player, Sentinel is ominipresent and is watching every player at the same time

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
If you haven't noticed, watchdog and sentinel aren't the same thing. The reason the /wdr command exists on hypixel is so watchdog can take a closer look at reported players. Sentinel on the other hand, is always watching everyone fairly rigorously. The fact that Sentinel is always watching as close as it can means that making a command would be useless.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would have to agree with @iCheeetah about this, The report command got removed because of the abuse and I think the same thing would happen with your suggestion, Players will get mad in the heat of the moment and decided to report someone even though they are not hacking. Goodluck though, and hope you have a wonderful day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom