Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Sentinal be updated as best as possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSkitz

Aug 24, 2016
USA || FL
www.minecraft.net
Can you upgrade Sentinal?

My IGN is TDSkitz, I am a Diamond rank on your awesome server, but I have found my great experience on the server to be diminishing. The reason for this is because I see so many players just hacking away, this causes everyone's experience on the server to be worsened. From my experiences playing EggWars all the time, the hackers seem to be mostly in the Donator community. If you could upgrade Sentinal to where no hackers stand a chance I would greatly appreciate it. I do know that removing all of the hackers would be impossible, but I would really like it if you could try and make many players experience better by removing a large portion of hackers.

-Idk if this is the right area to post this so just tell me if it isn't.-

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
From what staff are able to tell us, Sentinel is learning and being worked on every day. I rarely run unto a hacker nowadays. Though, if I do, Sentinel usually comes in and gets the cheater. As for the ranks that the accounts have, it's usually either someone who genuinely enjoys cheating or their account has gotten grabbed from one bad link or another.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Yeah Snodia, me too. Hackers haven't been much of a problem for me recently. Still, it would definitely help.
As I said, from what staff tell us... Sentinel gets worked on as frequently as possible. They can't and wouldn't tell us every time they did an update on it as we non-staff don't really need to know that.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Thank you for your responses, but I cant agree with you. I understand that they are working hard on it when they can, but even still I constantly run into hackers.
Which version do you play on? 1.8 or 1.9?

Also, Cube wouldn't announce that they updated Sentinel because that would tip off the cheat client devs to make a way around the anti-cheat.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I normally play 1.12.2 but I guess out of your choices it would be 1.9
Eh, I meant which network since they have a 1.8 network and a 1.9+ network.

You might just be getting unlucky and finding the cheaters. Sentinel should quickly and easily get to them if they trigger it in a certain way. Also, even if they don't get banned when you play against them, they typically get banned some time after. I've had times where I reported a cheater and they got banned before my report was even looked at.

So I'll just say that it does its job, you just might not see it happen.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com

My IGN is TDSkitz, I am a Diamond rank on your awesome server, but I have found my great experience on the server to be diminishing. The reason for this is because I see so many players just hacking away, this causes everyone's experience on the server to be worsened. From my experiences playing EggWars all the time, the hackers seem to be mostly in the Donator community. If you could upgrade Sentinal to where no hackers stand a chance I would greatly appreciate it. I do know that removing all of the hackers would be impossible, but I would really like it if you could try and make many players experience better by removing a large portion of hackers.

Like @Snodia said, the developers are working on sentinel everyday.
They are making clients (hacked clients) to improve sentinel, but it will never be perfect, there are just too much illegal clients.
You should add a vote option: 'No, because the developers are working on it.'

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I rarely run unto a hacker nowadays. Though, if I do, Sentinel usually comes in and gets the cheater.
If you come to assassins, that rarely happens. If you spot a hacker they don't get banned, you always have you call up a staff member on Discord, so then they can ban them.

Reactions: Miauw

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

1.8 or 1.9?
From what staff are able to tell us, Sentinel is learning and being worked on every day. I rarely run unto a hacker nowadays. Though, if I do, Sentinel usually comes in and gets the cheater. As for the ranks that the accounts have, it's usually either someone who genuinely enjoys cheating or their account has gotten grabbed from one bad link or another.
I mean you're right but where I experience the most amount of hackers is on 1.8 cubecraft. I normally see someone with killaura and some other hack every game of eggwars. And also players with low ping is too op, but this is about hackers. So I think maybe for the players that play 1.8, make a sentinel for 1.8? Sometimes it feels like a lot of players forget that 1.8 is even a thing.
I am not saying they should update on 1.9, but maybe on the 1.8 sentinel?
I do see hackers being banned, but tbh, I saw a few of these so called "hackers" get banned when I was fighting them, but they weren't hacking.

Short Version:

So 1.9 is fine, just make a separate anticheat for 1.8? Or make sentinel compatible with 1.8
+1

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I understand that they are working hard on it when they can, but even still I constantly run into hackers.
You answered yourself: They're doing as much as they can, so complaining about it isn't necessarily going to help the case at all.

In my experience, I rarely run into hackers nowadays and half of the time they get banned (sometimes even before I discover that they're hacking).
It might just be bad luck on your end, but are you sure they're hacking? If you're certain, feel free to report them if you have sufficient (video) evidence. I'm kind of having trouble believing that you're running into as many hackers as you claim you do.

(ps this is the right section to post this, no worries)

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
So I think maybe for the players that play 1.8, make a sentinel for 1.8?
If I remember correctly, they have Sentinel on both networks. So, there's no question of making it for 1.8 when it's already there.

Also, if you read through the replies, they said they were on the 1.9 network. Be sure to read replies before making your own post.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If you can't spell the name correctly
Should you really be complaining about it?

Also though staff for the most part keep quiet about it
There have been quite a couple confirmations that Sentinel is actively being updated subtly quite a lot
If you were here when it was released the forums was a flood of complaints about false bans as the anticheat was just released but now you rarely see 1 any more
You can think of it however you want but just some food for thought

Sebbikull

Dec 5, 2017

So you hate hackers, right? you say that it causes everyones experience on the server to be worsened. Then why the f have you been hacking on cubecraft yourself?? PROOF:

So if i get it correctly, you hate yourself?
(If cubecraft is an awesome server, then why did you hack on it?)

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
@Sebbikul That evidence is from over a year ago. They could have changed and played legit after that ban. Also, there's no need for you to swear. Even though you only used the letter "f"... We all still know what you were insinuating.

Reactions: remio

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Which version do you play on? 1.8 or 1.9?

Also, Cube wouldn't announce that they updated Sentinel because that would tip off the cheat client devs to make a way around the anti-cheat.
I feel like cheat client devs already kind of found a way around Sentinel, two guys on pvp hacked for 3 hours straight without getting banned this week, and all the other hackers got banned within like two minutes. Anyways, Sentinel is working really well overall, especially in 1.8. I saw an aura bot only once on me XD. Unlike hypixel, you can actually see the aura bot. And no, I'm not a hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Top Bottom