Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How do you think we should make the featured game visible from a mobile device?

• We shouldn't

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change the MOTD

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Discord message

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Website message

• In-game command

• Other (Comment what)

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Ever since the featured games came out, I have been playing some a lot. The featured games are the only games on Cubecraft that I play (except sometimes Tower Defense) and I only play some of them. I don't like PVP, but I love slime survival and wing rush. I play slime survival non-stop when it is available but I never play Blockwars, Survival Games, etc. Sometimes, I do not want to play on my computer but a different device instead. This means, every other day, I have to go on my computer just to check what the featured game is, then shut it down if it's something I don't like. So here is my suggestion:

Edit the server MOTD (Message Of The Day, shows in the server list) to say what the featured game is. This means I can go on minechat which is much more convenient than firing up Minecraft and I can check what the featured game is without even having to go on the server. This makes it so that you don't even have to go on the server to see what the featured game is. There is also the advantage for those using a computer that they do not have to even go into the server.

Here are some opposing arguments that you may be thinking:
"You could just add a command in-game that says what the featured game is." That is a possibility, however, I do think it would be more convenient to edit the MOTD because you would not have to go into the server just to type one command.
"We could have a message in the server Discord that says what the featured game is." This is true aswell. As long as I can see what the featured game is without having to fire up my computer just to see, I'm happy.
"Why not go on Minechat and just ask someone?" Often, people are not reliable. There is a very good chance someone may lie.
"You could just get yourself used to the featured games you don't like so you can enjoy it whatever it is!" I could, but it would take a long time to get myself to enjoy Minecraft PVP.
"We could get a public message on the Cubecraft website showing what the featured game is." This is also possible, though using minechat would be a lot faster.
"Not everyone has an iPod on which to see the MOTD through Minechat." This is true, but for those that do have an iPod, editing the MOTD would help a lot.
"It takes a lot of time for the staff to edit the MOTD every other day." I actually know how to edit a MOTD. It requires console but it does not take much time at all. There may be a way to automatically edit it to what the featured game is. If it's too much for the server admins, I think a Discord message would be the best way to do this.

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Updates and sales appear in the MOTD too. What is more important according to you?
Honestly, I think updates shouldn't need to take up much space and neither should sales. Personally, I think obsidian rank is a waste of money and I think of ranks as the only "permanent" purchase on the store, which means they are worth buying. I think there is probably enough room for updates, sales, and featured games in the MOTD. If the MOTD is made not bold, Cubecraft can fit 3 lines into their MOTD instead of 2, and they can fit more onto each line, so if they have an ongoing sale and a recent update, they could probably fit both and the featured game.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
For your information, you can look at the leaderboards page to see the current featured game because that one is shown and all the others aren't. It wont differentiate between Blockwars core and CTF etc but it's pretty useful.

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
For your information, you can look at the leaderboards page to see the current featured game because that one is shown and all the others aren't. It wont differentiate between Blockwars core and CTF etc but it's pretty useful.
I have never seen the leaderboards page. I went in, found no featured game but I found Arcade. I went in and I didn't see what it was. Silly me! I just need to look at the tab name. It's paintball while I'm typing this. I happen to have Minecraft currently ready. Let's see if it's true. The featured game is...

Paintball! Thank you so much for pointing this out! I still think updating the MOTD would make it a bit more convenient but that is OK! I don't think a Discord message would be too hard either, but I am very happy. Thanks again!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom