Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

🔨 Clearing Up Rule 2.8 (Advertising in-game)

Hey y'all! Another suggestion, which I think doesn't require a ton of explanation. I'll explain briefly:

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 00.59.02.png

Currently, this is the description given for rule 2.8. I find this quite vague. I personally don't like people asking for viewers at all, which is why I am quickly inclined to report the user who does so. However, the description of the rule is unclear, making it hard for me (and probably for other users as well) to see when a individual is punishable and when not. For example, someone states they are live on twitch, and drops the name of their channel. This would not be punishable. However, when someone says 'go follow my youtube and twitch, username is ...', would this be punishable? If someone asks people to join their smp (with IP), would this be punishable (i've had a discussion with a friend about this).

A lot of these examples could be seen as punishable due to the first sentence, but on the other hand does the second sentence make the rule irrelevant, as only spamming is not allowed. This rule gives me confusion all over, and I would love it to be cleared up to me, but maybe also to rephrase this rule so that it doesn't have to be cleared up to anyone ever again.

Thanks for reading this, please respond with :agree: if you agree with me, and respond with :disagree: if you think I am stupid and should be able to figure out myself what is punishable when it comes to advertising. Please don't respond with likes or other nonsense, as it is annoying and doesn't count towards the eventual agrees needed to get this thread forwarded.

TL;DR - Rule 2.8 is unclear, could be interpreted in multiple ways and makes it confusing when something is punishable and when not. Suggestion is to rephrase the rule so it is clear once and for all!

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey Blom!

In my opinion, asking for SMP is like advertising for a different server, it can also be irritating at times and result in an IP leak. It could be potentially dangerous for you if you're randomly asked for that by someone.

I'd be happy to provide more details if you need them!

Reactions: xJupaa

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion
Hey! So this is exactly the problem. The rule is stated so 'free' you can have different interprets from it. Because of that, there is no clear line of what is and what isn't punishable.
Players are allowed to advertise their stream once every 15+ minutes
for example, this is nowhere to be found in the rule.

If someone could list a few of these examples for me, I'd be happy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue (hence I made the suggestion).

In the mean time I've learned a lot from a denied forum post by Matriox, which made the rule fairly clear for me by rewording it. A lot of stuff that's completely new for me is in there, and I don't understand why the rules aren't rephrased a little bit to clear things up, as it is really vague right now.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 09.36.24.png

So I'd love to see 'Social Media' cleared up, I'd love to see 'spammed' cleared up, and I'd love to see advertising of private survival servers / SMP's to be added on top of advertisement of other servers (which makes me thing other big multiplayer minigame servers.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom