Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they add rewards on reporting hackers?

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Nahh

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
(Edit: okay okay, I know this is a bad idea!)

Hi there!
I was wondering why there isnt a reward system for reporting hackers? All I got for reporting hackers is a standard message with “the report has been accepted”.
If they count the succesfull reports, they can give rewards on milestones.
Here are some ideas:
10- one name color on the server (free choice)
20- special forum tag
50- free cage on the server
100- free rank (on Skywars, Eggwars or SG)
200- helper rank

Can you give some feedback at this?

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

Last edited:

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Could be good to add rewards but the rewards you stated are bad. You shouldn't get a free rank for reporting nor should you get a helper rank

Reactions: wxzzrd

_PedroPF_

Jan 27, 2016
Portugal
twitch.tv
Hi there!
I was wondering why there isnt a reward system for reporting hackers? All I got for reporting hackers is a standard message with “the report has been accepted”.
Here are some ideas:
20- special forum tag
200- helper rank

Kind regards,
Jeffrey
Nahh, I actually don't agree with this because the reward itself should be to make the community of CubeCraft a better place and the knowledge that your action really matters... I would guess that's the best reward of all!

Last edited:

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't think this is a good idea since it could cause some problems.

Hackers will simply see your title and just turn off their hacks around you since they know you will most likely report them.

It could cause some unnecessary drama within the community since people might hate on those that have a lot of reports.

Lastly, giving out helper for free like you suggest would be catastrophic. A staff member doesn't just get hackers banned, I have seen so many people say they wanna be staff to just get hackers banned but they seem to neglect the other duties they would have. Anyone can have a ton of hackers banned if they have some sort of form to record. You could easily reach 200+ reports but have 0 community involvement. This would lead to a ton of unqualified people to achieve staff and would overall just not be good for cubecraft.

I understand it feels like you receive nothing for reporting players, but as @PedroPF2 said, the reward of making the community a better place by getting rulebreakers punished should be a good enough reward :3

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
That could cause people to start reporting for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't report because you want a shiny rank and you shouldn't be made a helper for reporting a bunch of people. Helpers have a lot of responsibilities and so many people would become helpers then, Also hackers could report farm and now you have a cheater as a Cubecraft staff member. I think you should just report to make Cubecraft a better place. That's just my opinion though, sorry but -1

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
We don’t want hackers reporting cuz then they can get al, kinds of staff member ranks and then hack and cube craft will get ruined. I think the reward for reporting should be the hacker hacks no more sorry but -1

but... there could be other rewards just not the kind that people pay for or staff member. maybe like vip experience!

Last edited:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
We don’t want hackers reporting cuz then they can get al, kinds of staff member ranks and then hack and cube craft will get ruined. I think the reward for reporting should be the hacker hacks no more sorry but -1
exactly this, the reward is a server that is better for everyone. If you are doing it for a reward then your intentions are corrupt.

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Hi there!
Here are some ideas:
20- special forum tag
200- helper rank
300-MOD RANK (TOTALLY NOT ADDED BY MYSELF)

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

Do I hear powers :O?

D

Deleted member 492126

I think rewarding reporters is an ok idea, however I don't think special tags, loot items, helper rank etc are the ideal rewards. In my opinion if you get 100 successful reports you should get access to /report.
100 successful reports -> one daily /report
200 successful reports -> two daily /reports
Etc. I hope this makes sense, it's just an idea I had in mind

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
That's not hard to get and devalues the iron/lapis ranks
20- special forum tag
Special Forum titles should be for very active people on the forums, if any

Meh, I don't really see why not

No, people paid money for them. Doesn't make sense to gift them a rank
200- helper rank
Definitely not. It used to be a requirement to have over 200 reports iirc, and not everyone who met the requirement got accepted. Guess why? Being extremely active in-game (or having bad luck) doesn't make you a good staff members - I can have 500 handled reports while being extremely toxic

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
It would be nice to get something for reporting hacker but not the rewards that you have given us. I don't report hackers because I expect something in return I report them to make the server a fun place for everyone.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I don't think this is a good idea since it could cause some problems.

Hackers will simply see your title and just turn off their hacks around you since they know you will most likely report them.

It could cause some unnecessary drama within the community since people might hate on those that have a lot of reports.

Lastly, giving out helper for free like you suggest would be catastrophic. A staff member doesn't just get hackers banned, I have seen so many people say they wanna be staff to just get hackers banned but they seem to neglect the other duties they would have. Anyone can have a ton of hackers banned if they have some sort of form to record. You could easily reach 200+ reports but have 0 community involvement. This would lead to a ton of unqualified people to achieve staff and would overall just not be good for cubecraft.

I understand it feels like you receive nothing for reporting players, but as @PedroPF2 said, the reward of making the community a better place by getting rulebreakers punished should be a good enough reward :3
I agree with how his threshold is too low but that the tag would make the hackers stop hacking for fear of being banned. Thus, stoping the hackers.

_PedroPF_

Jan 27, 2016
Portugal
twitch.tv
I agree with how his threshold is too low but that the tag would make the hackers stop hacking for fear of being banned. Thus, stoping the hackers.
Nah, even if they saw that, I've seen hackers shamelessly hacking in front of moderators, that tag wouldnt stop them, as mods can ban on the spot and people with that tag wouldnt be able to... Hackers tend to have multiple second account so they don't care about any of that really, unfortunatly...

walvismax

Apr 7, 2020
No,
Why would you get a reward? Ok, I understand that youre helping the server. But i dont think you need to get a reward.
Because you also help yourself by reporting hackers.

Jan 13, 2019
I don’t think that would be a good idea. I would rather see level awards getting a specific loot item from a level you hit. A person can easily report any hacker to just get the helper rank and then abuse that rank. The reward should be making the server more fair and fun for all and an acknowledgement at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom