Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

is it a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • YAHHH

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • OMG DUH! OF COURSE!!!

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • possibly maybe not(if you pick, you're a loser)

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boppled

Feb 26, 2020
I understand the polls are a bit odd but this is no reason not to take this seriously, saying no just because the poll is odd is not very smart. I respect your opinion but please more wise and rational. Thank you
I am not talking about the poll I am talking about the whole suggestion in general. The title (triple !, for example, a double post), the poll but also the explanation. You need to give a proper reason why you think it is a good idea. Just 'because it is a fun idea' isn't a valid reason for me.
Also, just without context, I think the idea for a levitation potion is a bad idea. Water is pretty rare, and no one would want to keep a slime or hay block in their inventory just for this potion.

person9595

Apr 18, 2020
I don’t think that these “Levitation potion” should be added because like you said it might affect team killing or certain abuse like that.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
I think this is a bad idea because, with the speed you can just stand still to prevend yourself from dying, but if this would be added there is no way to survive unless you have water or cobweb in your hotbar.

Zebooky

Jul 23, 2018
I think this is a bad idea because, with the speed you can just stand still to prevent yourself from dying, but if this would be added there is no way to survive unless you have water or cobweb in your hotbar.
There are multiple ways to survive this and death is not guaranteed. If the fall is reduced to 30 blocks high, it would still be likable. Also I always carry extra hay bales in my inventory and usually hotbar I don't understand why others don't. Here is a list of possible ways to survive:

-Water
-Hay bale
-Tall structure to land on
-Slime Blocks
-The Fall Damage Perk
-Enderpearls
-Grappling Bow
-Sheild Wand
-Frost Path Wand
-Chorus Fruit
-A hill/structure that reduces block height fall to less that 23 blocks
-Elytra
-Teammate Assist(Only on teams)

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
There are multiple ways to survive this and death is not guaranteed. If the fall is reduced to 30 blocks high, it would still be likable. Also I always carry extra hay bales in my inventory and usually hotbar I don't understand why others don't. Here is a list of possible ways to survive:

-Water
-Hay bale
-Slime Blocks
-The Fall Damage Perk
-Enderpearls
-Grappling Bow
-Sheild Wand
-Frost Path Wand
-Chorus Fruit
-Elytra
What is the chance to have a slimeblock choris fruit elytra or grappling bow, you dont always have these.
And also water doesnt guarantee you to survive since some people dont know how to MLG.
Shield wand doesnt help to reduce falldamage, so does frost path wand.
And why would you carry haybales, everyone always makes bread out of it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

-Water
-Hay bale
-Slime Blocks
-The Fall Damage Perk
-Enderpearls
-Grappling Bow
-Sheild Wand
-Frost Path Wand
-Chorus Fruit
-Elytra

But it’s extremely possible you won’t have any of those stuff judging by how random Lucky Islands is. Like I said before it’s hard to add things thart requires other things in a game where you can get anything.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
What kind of potion do you suggest? Levitation is not a good idea in my opinion. It's hard to save yourself if you don't have water or when you're too slow to build a roof above you. Also teamkilling will become a bigger problem. But I will agree with a different potion than levitation.

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
What kind of potion do you suggest? Levitation is not a good idea in my opinion. It's hard to save yourself if you don't have water or when you're too slow to build a roof above you. Also teamkilling will become a bigger problem. But I will agree with a different potion than levitation.
tbh I think there are enough pots in the game already

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com

-Water
-Hay bale
-Slime Blocks
-The Fall Damage Perk
-Enderpearls
-Grappling Bow
-Sheild Wand
-Frost Path Wand
-Chorus Fruit
-Elytra
So if you just proved there are already a billion ways to survive, then why are you so certain on getting another one? Seems pointless in that regard.

Zebooky

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah but this person doesn't really take the forums seriously I think. I mean look at the vote options and the title of the thread...
Just because I like to have fun and mess around doesn't mean I don't take stuff seriously, I mean who cares about the polls? There are 2 answers, different options. The different options can portrait how strongly you feel about the idea. There is nothing wrong about the polls please stop saying I don't take stuff seriously. I mean this is a kid's game and I feel I like my ideas can help improve it, so why ignore the idea and just criticize this polls? that's dumb.

Now to respond toZ3R0789P, no other potion would be fitting for lucky islands so that idea is out of the question.

Now responding to The13Doctor, it's a lot more luckily to get any of the things you mentioned than the levitation potion itself so that should not be an issue plus the fall damage perk should save you most of the time(If you have it upgraded). Teamkilling: Instant damage pots don't work against your teammates, so can staff do the same with the levitation? If so, teamkilling will be out of the question.

Just letting people know, everyone is focusing on the bad effects, and that is fair but it's really not an issue. For example if people don't know how to MLG water bucket, they usually aren't that good so even if the levitation potion wasn't splashed on them, that player would still most likely die.

Levitation + Eltya will be an awesome fun combo.

The levitation potion will be perfect in tight spots like if you are low, splash it on yourself and use a sheid wand.

You can kill mobs with it too like the Pig king or the Knight.

I see some people go so high that you can't place blocks, you can use the levitation to get to them.

Here's a video that maybe you unsure people should watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rawrbin

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Here's a video that maybe you unsure people should watch.
I just began watching your video and had to stap after the first example. You mentioned that the potion would bring you up 30 blocks. You wen up 22/23 blocks with really good armor. That’s not a good presentation of the potion... you only fell from 2 blocks giving you 1 heart of damage. If this were 30 blocks you would get 3 hearts of damage... that’s completely ok, but not all maps have stall structures nearby Second clip same reasoning, if you fell from 30 blocks you would get 10,33... hearts of damage with that hill, so wouldn’t work.
Blocksaving has the same mistakes a above plus that not everyone is able to do so. It’s still a game where items are supposed to guarantee someones dead.
Having blocks above you, well this obviously this would work but I wouldn’t trow the potion if that was the case...
Water bucket same as blocksaving
Elytra would be a nice example but too situational to justify the potions
I could do this for every example but wi’m really tired...
So, if I made spelling mistakes and/or thinking mistakes I blame my essay English:p

Zebooky

Jul 23, 2018
People ever complaining all the time about it being to high so I did the minimum height of death. Idk why you said I have good armor.... armor doesn't effect fall damage....(basic minecraft) there are plenty of maps with structures, they're EVERYWHERE Idk what you're talking about.

I just began watching your video and had to stap after the first example. You mentioned that the potion would bring you up 30 blocks. You wen up 22/23 blocks with really good armor. That’s not a good presentation of the potion... you only fell from 2 blocks giving you 1 heart of damage. If this were 30 blocks you would get 3 hearts of damage... that’s completely ok, but not all maps have stall structures nearby Second clip same reasoning, if you fell from 30 blocks you would get 10,33... hearts of damage with that hill, so wouldn’t work.
Blocksaving has the same mistakes a above plus that not everyone is able to do so. It’s still a game where items are supposed to guarantee someones dead.
Having blocks above you, well this obviously this would work but I wouldn’t trow the potion if that was the case...
Water bucket same as blocksaving
Elytra would be a nice example but too situational to justify the potions
I could do this for every example but wi’m really tired...
So, if I made spelling mistakes and/or thinking mistakes I blame my essay English:p

People ever complaining all the time about it being to high so I did the minimum height of death. Idk why you said I have good armor.... armor doesn't effect fall damage....(basic minecraft) there are plenty of maps with structures, they're EVERYWHERE Idk what you're talking about.

opps I sent this three time xD, it wasn't loading on my screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
I
In lucky islands, you have a chance to get a insanely powerful speed potion. That speed potion is super awesome but how about one step further? Another potion that has crazy levitation on it only for a few seconds that will boost you high in the air. There are many was to avoid this death if players are smart and fast. This might affect team killing though, I don't know all the capabilities that the staff have to offer so I cannot make any suggestions to counter this. I have played on lucky islands everyday for a while and I suggest change. I think, and as will others, it will be a good and subtle and an awesome change(that title is clickbait). I also suggest you guys make more maps and get rid of the cactus map in teams but I don't wanna make another suggestion. I hope you take this for consideration and if you do decided to follow though, tell me, so I feel like I did something.

-zeboosky
I really like the idea.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
opps I sent this three time xD, it wasn't loading on my screen
haha, no problem :) but could you edit it away, it's quite annoying
Idk why you said I have good armor.... armor doesn't effect fall damage....(basic minecraft)
It doesn't effect the fall damage but it does effect the gameplay afterwards, you could easily be one shot by a bow afterwards when you don't have a good armour. So it does effect the gameplay. I think when proposing a new feature not only the impact should be taken into consideration.
there are plenty of maps with structures, they're EVERYWHERE Idk what you're talking about.
Structures, yes but not always high structures think about some bridges or a few solo maps that have only hills.

But yes I might have said things a bit to fast last night, oops :)

Zebooky

Jul 23, 2018
Structures, yes but not always high structures think about some bridges or a few solo maps that have only hills.
umm hill will do aswell. Also it does affect gameplay, the speed pot affects gameplay.... so should the levitation potion.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom