Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Titel.jpg

So, I am doing this review. The format will be similar, if not identical to @SKIFBY's monthly recaps, just because I love those. I will try to do these reviews every time there is an update.

Full changelog:
  • Teams without players don’t have eggs.
  • Solo games now display that a player won, rather than the team colour.
  • Removed speed effect from Speed EggWars.
  • Generators now share their produce between the players nearby.
  • Added a 3 second respawn timer.
  • You’re now invincible for 10 seconds after respawning, however this is instantly removed if you hit someone.
  • Armour is now coloured to match your team’s colour
  • Sandstone has been replaced with stained clay, and glass with stained glass, which matches the colour of your team.
  • Removed glowstone due to it being useless.
  • The main page in the shop now has a better layout.
  • Death messages are now more fancy.
  • You can place blocks directly onto eggs, no more annoying “you cannot break your own egg”
  • Generators now have awesome looking images above them. They look so much better than boring signs!
  • Emerald shop items have been edited to better fit the mode you’re in.
  • Emerald generators now work with players in a larger range.
  • The progress of an Emerald generator goes down slower when there is nobody nearby.
  • Knockback items have been removed from map specific items.
  • The price of the punch bow has been increased from 12 diamonds to 25 diamonds.
  • Text above the shop has been changed to match the style we use in other places.
  • A new shop design which enables quicker shopping, you can still use the old version by swapping to classic mode (This can be done in the settings menu in the bottom right of the shop).
  • Shift clicking in a villager trading menu, will no longer fill your inventory full of items that do not stack.
  • Shift clicking on certain items in the quick shop, will purchase as many of that item as that you can afford.
  • When upgrading a generator currency is removed from the smallest stack. This means your inventory is not cluttered with half sized stacks.
  • The level at which blocks are allowed to be placed has been raised to help prevent camping under maps.
  • The colour of the fireworks when you upgrade a generator now match the colour of the currency.
  • Added highly requested Ender Pearls into normal mode, normal items for 64 diamonds
  • Changed the message when you can’t afford to upgrade a generator to tell you how much of a resource you need.
  • Nerfed Golden Shell kit by removing golden helmet and golden leggings.
  • Updated outdated sign information in the pre-lobby.
  • In the pre-lobby changed bedrock to wool colours under the eggs.
  • Tweaked armour stands in the main lobby.
  • Speed EggWars:
    • Added solo map: Olimpo
    • Added 2 team map: Troy, Boldore
  • Normal EggWars
    • Added team map: Huts
    • Made the middle larger and flatter in UnderDaSea and lowered starting gold generator from 2 to 1
    • Removed team map: Minions
    • Added Solo map: Revamped Construction, Lower played count from 12 to 8. Lowered cranes and put them on an angle, added more land mass to middle, moved all gens on starter island so they’re in one area, moved islands closer together.

Crucial Changes:
  • The shop has been changed.
  • Animated generators.
  • Ender Pearls added to Normal.
  • Added respawn delay of 3 seconds.
  • Several maps have been added.
  • Coloured armour and blocks.
  • Price of punch bows has been increased.

My Opinion:

In this section I will talk about the crucial changes, and what I think about them. I will also point out changes that are small, but that I liked.

The Shop:
The new shop has everything it should have. The new lay-out is much easier to use when you are in a rush, and it makes buying things much easier. I used not to buy things just because of how tedious it was to do so.

Animated generators:
They're ok. Not needed, but neat.

Ender Pearls in normal:
It's very nice. Although I do not play in normal, I like that there is an extra way to move between islands. The only problem is the price. It should be lowered, in my opinion.

Respawn delay and spawn protection:

Love the new spawn protection, but I am neutral about the respawn delay. When there's somebody in your island, and that person kills you, you're basically done. I think that with the new spawn protection, it wasn't necessary to add the respawn delay.

Maps:
These are really cool!

Boldore has a near perfect gameplay in my opinion, although aesthetically, it's not the most impressive. But hey, I prefer gameplay over aesthetics. Too bad the map's only for speed mode.

Troy is another map that is simple but with a very good gameplay. everything I said about Boldore applies to this map too.

Now Olimpo: this map is fancy, but the gameplay is very avarage, I would even call it bad.

Huts: I LOVE this map. It is an aesthetically pleasent map, and with a perfect gameplay. Lots of flat surfaces where pvp is very easy.

Construction: I liked this map before, now I like it more. The center of the map is closer to the islands, and that is the reason for a pleasent gameplay. I also like the irregularity of the center, every spot feels like a different environment.

Coloured armour and blocks:
The coloured armour is handy to easily recognize every team. For the new blocks, I have a love hate relationship with them, I love I can see who's building towards me, and that I can easily if the one building is a teammate of mine or not, but, it is a tougher block than sandstone and that affects the gameplay in a certain way.

Punch bow's price:

The new price is 25 diamonds, before the update it was 15 (?) diamonds. I like that it takes more time for the first players to get the bow, because it gives me more time to prepare for it.

Rating:
I'll give this update an 8,5/10. It really fixes things that I didn't like and didn't do anything I didn't like.

Last edited:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I don't think that he price of pearls needs to be lowered, and I've ran out of love for my personal love/hate relationship with the colored blocks, particularly glass.

I also haven't played the new maps yet.

Everything else I share OP's opinion with.

Reactions: Cyqni

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Good review, I personally like This update and it's now more easy to make use of the shop, i'm very happy that they make This update come true :)

Reactions: Cyqni

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Nice review. I personally love this update and it's a great update.
It sure is. It made Eggwars my favorite game again.

I don't think that he price of pearls needs to be lowered, and I've ran out of love for my personal love/hate relationship with the colored blocks, particularly glass.

I also haven't played the new maps yet.

Everything else I share OP's opinion with.
Is it because glass is now better visible? I know I will hate coloured glass at some point. I used to build very high, or very low bridges of glass to sneak up on enemy teams, this will not be possible anymore :(

Good review, I personally like This update and it's now more easy to make use of the shop, i'm very happy that they make This update come true :)
:)

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Is it because glass is now better visible? I know I will hate coloured glass at some point. I used to build very high, or very low bridges of glass to sneak up on enemy teams, this will not be possible anymore :(
Yep. I used to do that as well. Not anymore apparently.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
FIRE BUNDLE?? 🌟
Sick!
IMG_5373.png
Reesle wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, Pro Duckerator! 🥳🎉🐤
Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Top Bottom