Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think BlockWars should come back as one more game? / ¿Crees que BlockWars debería volver?

• Yes, it's a good idea / Si, es una buena idea.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • No, it's not neccesary / No, no es necesario.

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_VaporeWalker_

Oct 15, 2015
Lima - Perú
Eng: I think BlockWars is one of the games where cubecraft got new players, I think it would be a good idea for it to come back, but the vote is yours.

Esp: Creo que BlockWars es uno de los juegos por los que cubecraft obtuvo nuevos jugadores, yo pienso que sería una buena idea que regrese, pero la votación es de ustedes.

Waiting for Staff and members attention, i say Good Bye.

Esperando por la atención del personal y de los miembros, me despido.

D

Deleted member 436996

If I am honest I don't think that it is a good idea. Being a featured game and only exclusive at times it's pretty what makes the game popular and I feel like it should stay that way so it doesn't get boring.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
First, hiii Vapi! I haven’t seen you in CubeCraft in a while! Hope you’re doing great.

Now, big no. BlockWars is only popular because it’s momentary. If it is left permanent once again it’ll still be pretty dead.
The player base hasn’t increased that much since the Big Change so it doesn’t make much sense to think BlockWars will be lively again.
Though I would love to have BlockWars back, but logically it is counter productive.

Last edited:

_VaporeWalker_

Oct 15, 2015
Lima - Perú
First, hiii Vapi! I haven’t seen you in CubeCraft in a while! Hope you’re doing great.

Now, big no. BlockWars is only popular because it’s momentary. If it is left permanent once again it’ll still be pretty dead.
The player base hasn’t increased that much since the Big Change so it doesn’t make much sense to think BlockWars will be lovely again.
Though I would love to have BlockWars back, but logically it is counter productive.

You're right, but there are also many players like me who could play blockwars all day, plus the style of game could be competitive. I think.

D

Deleted member 347571

Its not possible, staff doesn't care about it

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
I see that blockwars has gotten more players since the big change. Normally, for personal sakes, I would say yes, but for it being for the server, that would be a no. Blockwars needs updates first and good ones. Actually, all featured games need an update to gain players. I doubt that will happen though.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I see that blockwars has gotten more players since the big change. Normally, for personal sakes, I would say yes, but for it being for the server, that would be a no. Blockwars needs updates first and good ones. Actually, all featured games need an update to gain players. I doubt that will happen though.
Ikr,featured games aren't gonna work if they don't get an update.(Though,as far as I know,blockwars got zome little bug fixes in a recent update)

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Ikr,featured games aren't gonna work if they don't get an update.(Though,as far as I know,blockwars got zome little bug fixes in a recent update)
The bug fixes were minor but not game changing in the slightest. I'm glad my original post about them was noticed and fixed pretty quickly which is nice.
The first one was to fix the crazy numbers in tab which was only a one line change in the code because the number (not the kills) was going to the wrong person. The second one was a fix to the ninja kit which when taking the flag while invisible. It didn't regain the glowing affect after the cooldown ended so they were very hard to spot and found it easy to hide, after the change, the glowing was applied after the end of the ability.

Reactions: God.

Glitch_Kid_

Jul 31, 2018

Why not yet? from player's perspective its a positive sum choice to add it to the regular games on CC.

For the people running the server - from what i understand - it would cost more to add any other game to the permanent games,

meaning adding block-wars let alone any other games in rotation would now have cons alongside the pros

pros being: (block wars being an available all the time game for players, and potential another reason for new players to keep coming back to CC)

Staff + Players, here's a question and suggestion:
Why not rotate every game on CC (like Egg-wars, Sky-wars and PVP)?

If you can apply your logic to block wars with out contradiction that would be nice :I

If your reason is the number of players that play said game, then why is Parkour still a permanent game, not Block-wars?

Glitch_Kid_

Jul 31, 2018
If I am honest I don't think that it is a good idea. Being a featured game and only exclusive at times it's pretty what makes the game popular and I feel like it should stay that way so it doesn't get boring.

Why don't we do this with all the permanent games too then (Egg-wars, Sky-wars, PVP etc.) 'so it doesn't get boring'.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
@Glitch_Kid_ things don’t work like you’re presenting them, EggWars and SkyWars do “get boring” but they have an enormous player base that’s is constantly being renewed.

About parkour, it is permanent because it’s the only game that doesn’t need a certain amount of players to start up, though it doesn’t make much sense considering you still have to host every single level a player is on.

The only reason why BlockWars is somewhat popular while it is being featured is because it had a big player base that had played the game a lot during many years. Most of that player base though, didn’t play Block Wars at all before the “Big Change”. But most of them still complained and disagreed with the decision. Those old players that didn’t play at all, combined with the ones that never stopped playing the game, mostly conform BlockWars’s player base. The only reason those players that stopped playing came back is because they missed BlockWars now that it got “removed”.

If there’s no reason to “miss it” then there’s no motivation to come back. And hence Block Wars would die again.

_VaporeWalker_

Oct 15, 2015
Lima - Perú
@Glitch_Kid_ things don’t work like you’re presenting them, EggWars and SkyWars do “get boring” but they have an enormous player base that’s is constantly being renewed.

About parkour, it is permanent because it’s the only game that doesn’t need a certain amount of players to start up, though it doesn’t make much sense considering you still have to host every single level a player is on.

The only reason why BlockWars is somewhat popular while it is being featured is because it had a big player base that had played the game a lot during many years. Most of that player base though, didn’t play Block Wars at all before the “Big Change”. But most of them still complained and disagreed with the decision. Those old players that didn’t play at all, combined with the ones that never stopped playing the game, mostly conform BlockWars’s player base. The only reason those players that stopped playing came back is because they missed BlockWars now that it got “removed”.

If there’s no reason to “miss it” then there’s no motivation to come back. And hence Block Wars would die again.

I really believe that the updates were the ones that killed BlockWars, and that the old players would like Block Wars to come back again.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I really believe that the updates were the ones that killed BlockWars, and that the old players would like Block Wars to come back again.
Yes of course, but that’s not gonna happen. I don’t think they will update BlockWars any time soon.

Though they should... considering the potential it has. I mean, the 30k player milestone was thanks to BlockWars.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah and there are still old members who would like to have the old skywars. But it’s not going to happen. With the old lobbies, blockwars lobbies were always pretty dead, more than games like Tower Defense. It got removed for an obvious reason and if it gets added back, it’ll probably be as dead as it used to be. The whole point of this update was that these less popular games would get featured after some time, so that their playerbase could still play them and BlockWars was probably the most popular one of them.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
I would love to see blockwars, but it is slowly losing players even in featured. For example, CTF was beating Tower Defense and Pvp, but overtime, the players slowly decreased. I've been too blind to see why it should be featured I didn't see the player base of it. I do agree that updates were the ones that did kill blockwars though. They need more updates and ideas for blockwars, like at least some more maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom