Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitnerb

Nov 21, 2016
So we've all been in the position in Eggwars where you have killed a player, go to break their egg, and you have to repeatedly kill them. Everyone knows this can be very annoying when you are trying to break their egg when they have layers and layers of obsidian and they just keep respawning and hitting you. So I'm suggesting a respawn cooldown in Eggwars. Basically, after you die you have to wait a few seconds to respawn again. The time it takes for you to respawn is how many deaths you have had within 1 minute of each other. So let's say I die twice within 30 seconds, that gives me a cooldown. But if I died 5 minutes ago, it doesn't. Here are the times that it takes for a respawn cooldown:

1st death: 0 seconds
2nd death: 5 seconds
3rd death: 15 seconds
4th death: 30 seconds
5th death: 1 minute
6+ death: 2 minutes

I feel that this would just speed along the game and help make some parts of the game less annoying.
Please reply and give me your thoughts.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel that this would just speed along the game and help make some parts of the game less annoying
This would definitely speed up the game since you can't protect your egg so fast after dying.

I'm against this idea due to that reason. When someone attacks your egg I want to be able to protect it. I really don't mind if I'm being that annoying player who's spam clicking someone with a pickaxe. I simply don't want to lose the egg and maybe our chance to win the game.

Just block yourself in with obsidian while mining :)

D

Deleted member 169486

So, people can break the egg and camp the respawn area while they can't do anything.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
no! this will be impossible to survive, if someone is trying to destroy your egg.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
"You need to be able to protect your egg"
Yeah, but at the same time, it is supposed to be destroyed.
It is almost impossible to break it in some maps where the spawn is near the egg, and this tactic can basically defeat everyone in normal mode, or atleast everyone who is trying to get your egg.
You can get all the gear you want, all the efficency 4 pickaxes you want, all the punch bows you want. But if someone keeps respawning and keeps spamming you with the pickaxe hit or just their hands, it's all wasted time.
+0,5, because IMHO it shouldn't be so complicated with the whole stacking system, just, the respawn time should be longer (10 seconds atleast) like in Blockwars, or you shouldn't be able to deal damage the first 10 seconds you respawned.

rapidassasin25

Aug 28, 2016
G'Day Australia
I see the point your trying to get across but I do have to say I'm against the idea since it seems really annoying if a player(s) is repeated attacking you while attempting to break and egg, think of how the other player is playing with you near eliminating them they want to be able to stay in the game even with everything they've got to use or offer. So I like the idea you were putting forth but I am going to have to disagree.

ItzHector

Oct 29, 2016
This is a good idea, however I enjoy the challenge of breaking an egg. It isn't meant to be easy! Just block yourself in with obsidian.
;)

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
This is easily preventable, come prepared with a friend and good gear.

And you're right it would speed the game up, but so would the removal of obsidian and armor and apples and the addition of permanent speed boost and do you see my point?

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
It is beyond easy to get eggs, make sure you go prepared. I often find it isn't challenging to trade using their villagers and supplies if you need to restock while they punch you. You just have to play you cards right.

Huge -1 removes the challenge of egg wars

U

Unipotato

I agree with what most people are saying. When you are trying to protect your egg, you will do anything. And also, think about what it would be like on the reverse side. I'm not sure you would like this if it was you protecting your own egg.

Reactions: Garden Salad

Vurnality

Oct 1, 2015
The Netherlands - Duhh
Hey,

I disagree, due to the reasons;
If i get killed and someone is mining to my egg. I got chance to kill him. If they are building theirself in the chance of survive is really low. So if they kill me and i gotta wait 1 minute or so. He can break with efficiency 3 Diamond pickaxe. To the egg. And i dont have time then for making an pick to break the blocks he placed for protection while mining to egg to give it an try to save the egg.

Also sometimes i see someone that is spam-killing for points even if egg is totally open to break. Maybe an idea to reduce killing in an row the same person its points boosting.

And in OP mode, an efficiency VII or so? Will be break through obsidian in 10 seconds if u got 4 latere or so.

Not an good idea.

Regards,

Vurnality

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Yeah, what if you accidently fall?
And that is your 6th death...
And your egg breaks while you are dead.
Its no fair to him because he didnt get another chance at survivng

-1 for me

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
It gives the player that died a huge disadvantage so -1 for me.
If you need to break an egg but the person keeps breaking your blocks then try using obsidian

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I totally agree. Not fair to the person trying to defend their egg.
Just going to say this rn:
Ever since the update, it hasn't been a problem because of the kit cooldowns.
The person that died, died. It's not "unfair" for him having to wait 3 seconds or so to respawn.
They even have grace periods of what, 10 seconds? It sucks that they're an invincible meat bag that can smash your armor while you can't do a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom