Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

should the resource pack be optional?(i have my own custom one)

• yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyDa

Jul 10, 2016
Netherlands
I have my own resource pack and i want to use it on lucky islands but it won't allow me

The resource pack makes sponges look like lucky blocks and the same is with the wands and lots of other stuff, if you wouldn't use the resource pack the gameplay would be all over the place ;)

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
The resource pack makes sponges look like lucky blocks and the same is with the wands and lots of other stuff, if you wouldn't use the resource pack the gameplay would be all over the place ;)
Gameplay won't be affected that much. All you have to do is memorize which music disc stands for which wand. Actually, you might not even have to do that because each item has a name.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I've suggested this before and I really like the ide. Before I got my good pc I remember not being able to play lucky island at all as my minecraft would stop responding and I would have to restart it every time I tried downloading the resource pack. I've played another minigame called "Wasted" without a resource pack fine for months. The game had different guns/ammo textures and I could still very easily play knowing my wooden hoe was a pistol and my magenta dye was machine gun rounds :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ellie Williams

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
If you don't allow the texturepack to load in, your wands will look like wooden/iron/golden/diamond tools because the texturepack isn't loaded in. So short, you must let the texturepack load in, well you don't if you aren't going to play Lucky Islands of course:p.

sulferflux

Aug 19, 2015
Kepler-22b
I think that people should be allowed to have their own resource pack or none at all, as the requirement keeps people from playing it (I know at least two off the top of my head). Letting people create their own and possibly submitting it could also be a huge plus in generating new creative ideas and suggestions. New wand types? New results from breaking blocks? Pancakes? The possibilities are endless. While I use and always will use Cube's resource pack, I think opening it to custom stuff could be really beneficial to the improvement of Lucky Islands as a whole.

Just a thought.:p

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
If you don't allow the texturepack to load in, your wands will look like wooden/iron/golden/diamond tools because the texturepack isn't loaded in. So short, you must let the texturepack load in, well you don't if you aren't going to play Lucky Islands of course:p.
Why is that important? Would Lucky Islands be unplayable without the pack? Absolutely not. All you need to do is remeber which music disc is which.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Why is that important? Would Lucky Islands be unplayable without the pack? Absolutely not. All you need to do is remeber which music disc is which.

It's not unplayable without the Lucky Islands texturepack, but you don't know what what is. With the texturepack, you can see all the things, without not. That's why I recommend you (everybody) to play Lucky Islands with the texturepack.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
It's not unplayable without the Lucky Islands texturepack, but you don't know what what is. With the texturepack, you can see all the things, without not. That's why I recommend you (everybody) to play Lucky Islands with the texturepack.
I am pretty sure the reason there is a resource pack is because of lucky blocks and wands
It really is kinda necessary to know what was dropped out of a block
You don't need a resource pack to know. Just press F3+H or look at the names of the music disc that dropped. It also doesn't take rocket science to figure out that sponges are the lucky blocks.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
You don't need a resource pack to know. Just press F3+H or look at the names of the music disc that dropped.
I Said To Know What Drops Out Of A Block
It Would Literally Have A Name Saying Shield Wand But The Problem With That Is The Fact That You Can't tell until you read it which in a given context is deadly

Might I also Add that there is no real way to make it optional without making somebody download it Every time they want to play

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I Said To Know What Drops Out Of A Block
It Would Literally Have A Name Saying Shield Wand But The Problem With That Is The Fact That You Can't tell until you read it which in a given context is deadly

Might I also Add that there is no real way to make it optional without making somebody download it Every time they want to play
You can tell which wand is which because each music disc that drops represents a specific wand. You just need to know which disc is which.
If they choose not to know which disc is which, it's their own choice and it still shouldn't be required. It does not affect anyone else.

You can make it optional by not requiring people to download.

Also, your argument has been invalid the whole time. Just because someone "can't tell" what music disc is what (they can, actually), why should that make it required to use a respack? Does it affect gameplay that much? Nope. Will the server crash if someone logs on without a respack? Absolutely not. There are countless people who can't play the game because of this. It is the player's own choice whether they want to play the game the easy way (the respack) or the challenging way (w/o the respack).

Reactions: Power Ranger
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom