Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzie

Mar 19, 2017
I noticed that if you were to report someone for an offense that needs a warning first it'll warn you and say, "Warning! This offence may require the user to have been warned before they can be punished" What does this mean exactly? Does it mean I had to have asked the player to stop before? Does it mean the player needs a warning already on their history before anything can be done about the report?

Also, the warning uses "offence" - shouldn't it be "offense"?

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
Hey Marzie,

It basically means that the player who is for example swearing, first needs to get warned before he can get an actual mute. He will get a notification of the warning, where is stated that he should stop doing that or else that he has a chance to get muted.

I believe that ‘offence’ and ‘offense’ are both correct but ’offense’ is more commonly used in the USA and ‘offence’ is more commonly used outside of the USA.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I think this should answer your questions about warnings :) If you want to find more information about the reporting guidelines, please read this thread. If you have any further questions, feel free to create a new thread or start a conversation with me.

"All about warnings
6.0 - General information
We have mentioned the term 'warning' a lot of times in this thread already, but we have not really gone into detail about warnings anywhere. In the next two paragraphs, you will be told everything you need to know about warnings given by players and permanent warnings given by staff.

6.1 - Warnings given by players
Some of the offenses you can report for require you to give the player a warning. These warnings have to include their username and which infraction they are committing. Some examples of good warnings would be 'Badboy3000, please watch your language' or 'PlayerSlayer, abusing bugs is not allowed'. A bad example is 'SToP sPAMmING i WilL rEPOrt yOUu'. If the person you have warned continues after your warning, you can report them. Muted players, fear not. We also accept reports if the offender did not get a warning. The offender will then be given an official, permanent warning by the staff member that deals with your report. More information about these warnings can be found in the next paragraph.

6.2 - Warnings given by staff
As said in the previous paragraph, staff members also give warnings to players. Usually whenever the reported player did not get warned, but also when staff members encounter rule breakers on the server. These warnings are official and permanent -- every time you log onto the server, for a month, a red text will appear in your chat, reminding you not to break a certain rule ever again. This warning allows us to punish the offender immediately if he is caught breaking the same rule again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom