Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ramanekojha

Jul 31, 2018
Hi, I know that these steps are required in order to make a valid report and for you to make sure that you have a lot of evidence before analyzing a player who is cheating but I just want to say that not all players (very little) actually have something like constant video recording in order to record the player breaking the rules. Thus you are making it very hard for normal common people to go and report offending players. I know that it's hard but I would suggest finding a way to make player reporting a bit easier and more convenient so that more people would actually be encouraged to report.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Its not like players can just open their recording software when they find a rule breaker then start recording.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 150344

How to get a handled report (Works everytime):

Step 1: Open recording software (2 sec)
Step 2: Record rulebreaker (2 mins)
Step 3: Upload a YouTube (10-20 mine)
Step 4: Create actual report (1-2 mins)
Total: 25 Minutes

you are making it very hard for normal common people to go and report offending players.
What’s so hard?

Reactions: Fliqa

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Hi, I know that these steps are required in order to make a valid report and for you to make sure that you have a lot of evidence before analyzing a player who is cheating but I just want to say that not all players (very little) actually have something like constant video recording in order to record the player breaking the rules. Thus you are making it very hard for normal common people to go and report offending players. I know that it's hard but I would suggest finding a way to make player reporting a bit easier and more convenient so that more people would actually be encouraged to report.
There aren't many other ways to allow players to easily report others. The most common suggestion is to add a '/report [name] [issue]' command that alerts an online moderator to the problem, however since there are only 20 or so moderators, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the number of reports coming in.

I understand that relatively few players have dedicated recording software installed, however there's nothing stopping them from getting a free recorder of which there are many (Bandicam trial, OBS). I suppose some people may give up if they have parental controls blocking installations, however anyone using Windows 10 can record Minecraft through the game bar (WinKey+G), so there's no installation process required. The only downside is that players with poorly performing computers may not be able to run recording software and Minecraft at the same time. In this case I don't think anything can be done, they'll have to hope someone else will report the rule breaker instead. Of course if you have any ideas on how to make reporting easier, I'd like to hear them!

Reactions: Lilleh__

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
How to get a handled report (Works everytime):

Step 1: Open recording software (2 sec)
Step 2: Record rulebreaker (2 mins)
Step 3: Upload a YouTube (10-20 mine)
Step 4: Create actual report (1-2 mins)
Total: 25 Minutes

What’s so hard?
It takes me 10 seconds to open my recorder.
It takes me 2 minutes to record.
It takes me 5 minutes to upload it on YouTube.
It takes me 1 minute to create a report.
Total: 8 minutes and 10 seconds.

What's so damn hard?

Reactions: Cutee

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It takes me 10 seconds to open my recorder.
It takes me 2 minutes to record.
It takes me 5 minutes to upload it on YouTube.
It takes me 1 minute to create a report.
Total: 8 minutes and 10 seconds.

What's so damn hard?
You're thinking very close minded. He's referring to not enough computing power, hard drive space or internet speed to do this. Not everyone has the hardware to do these things, I myself take 30 minutes to upload my reports back in the day. So yeah, its not time hes referring to.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
You're thinking very close minded. He's referring to not enough computing power, hard drive space or internet speed to do this. Not everyone has the hardware to do these things, I myself take 30 minutes to upload my reports back in the day. So yeah, its not time hes referring to.
I was just saying how long it takes me to record and report..

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
Both of you are commenting on how he said reporting was hard in terms of time, and I'm telling you how there are many other factors that contribute to the difficulty of reporting.
Yeah, okay, but it won't take him hours to record and report someone. Not everyone can buy a recorder, not everyone can record and report. I know though, but he wants a easier way to report someone, which way then..?

ramanekojha

Jul 31, 2018
Also I think that the /report command was the easiest option, As to the shortage of moderators, I would suggest cubecraft to hire more. I know there may be trust issues and thats why the server may not feel completely trustful with hiring new people but 20 mods on a server with over 20 000 players a day seems to be very little for me. Since they have applications open for helpers with intensive guidelines and everything, Im sure they could do the same for moderators, Im sure that there are more than enough qualified members to apply (forum posts + report wise as are the guidelines for helper)

ramanekojha

Jul 31, 2018
Also, generally what might make some players report (not the case for everyone but is the case for me) for example when Im playing eggwars and I spot someone with killaura and criticals and stuff and I get killed I get raged and frustrated which is what makes me go and try to report the player. But when I actually get to the forums and figure out all the steps I need to take in order to report a player and figure out it is not that straightforward and simple to do and before I do all the steps and stuff I generally calm down and dont feel like reporting the player because it's simply too much effort. So in this scenario the rage would be a good thing since that is the thing that would make a person report the hacker. But overtime as the rage goes away, you generally dont feel like reporting anymore.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I mean, a report command would be better but it would also be so much more work.

If 100 people use the report command and it pin staff about it, maybe 50 of them are false, then staff waste their time looking at the players just to see that they aren't cheating, they are just good at the game. In that way, it's easier for staff to just look through reports to save time and be able to punish more rulebreakers.
Players would also be able to abuse this and just use the command on pretty much all players they see just to pin staff about it which would be annoying and waste even more time and energy.

Having a background recorder is also a solution. My computer is kinda bad since it start to get old, I used to be able to record with a "normal" recording software but it's actually really laggy for me now. I solved the problem with installing a background recorder that start when I open a game and I can easily press 1 key to get a replay of the last minute. No lag and my reports are mostly successful if sentinel doesn't catch it before a Mod get to my report.

Reactions: Fliqa and Lilleh__

ramanekojha

Jul 31, 2018
Maybe I could also suggest making like a kinda test and stuff for the players and if they pass they could have access to the /report command. Not sure how the test would work but just an idea

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Maybe I could also suggest making like a kinda test and stuff for the players and if they pass they could have access to the /report command. Not sure how the test would work but just an idea
That would actually be a bit messy.

Reactions: Lilleh__
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom