Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
He's basically suggesting for staff to ban hackers faster when using /report
In other words, he's suggestion for staff members, who are just human beings, to stop having a social life, to stop doing anything for fun like watching movies,writing, drawing etc., so they can do something that, if I recall correctly, they're not even paid for.
Mkay.

nnce

Jan 19, 2019
the only thing that made /report useless is the amount of report that staffs receive
that's only partially true, Because cubecraft is understaffed and can't deal with all of those reports very fast. Reporting is usless anyways because most hackers have alts and a VPN

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Also, staff ban people for sentinel caught you cheating to make sentinel seem good and to make themselves feel good and that's very sad. Yea sentinel is being constantly updated when infinite flys and phase still works yay!
wondering where you got that information from.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Oh cmon this is the worst suggestion cubecraft denies almost all helper applications even in https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-staff-history-status.209291 it says that you only have a 0.01% chance of getting accepted to helper
Bro did you even read the entire thing??
I would suggest applying for staff.
Then you'll probably get rejected because they probably wouldn't find you a good staff member. Hopefully you will then understand that CubeCraft wants good staff members. That they don't just give random people staff rank.

Literally, next sentence "Then you'll probably get rejected"

AmbroseWaketon

Novice Member
Sep 28, 2017
Ok, so this thread goes both ways. Yes, /report is not particularly helpful. There are a lot of reports that come in from players and not enough staff to properly handle everything. However, the answer is not to simply remove /report again. That just means that cheaters are more likely to never be caught, not less.

If I were to boil this down to a suggestion, it would be that staff should be more transparent with how they handle reports. Seeing "automatically closed" on a report doesn't give much closure, especially since my approved report rate is quite high. Reasons why a report was closed instead of being approved/denied would be nice.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
A bad point. yes I could quote multiple people but I'm lazy to do so
How is it a bad point? Seriously, did you even read the entire message?

You're lazy? So that's why you send multiple messages...
You do realise it's easier to quote multiple people in one message right??

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Oh goody, there are a lot of things to talk about in this thread. So first, I'll clear up some misunderstandings, then put my own input in on the thread.

How many staff actually deal with reports? Because the only ones I have seen are Warriors and IceScreams. I was wondering if those were the only two to do it.
No, we aren't the only two moderators handling the /reports. We all try to do our part whenever we could. For others, they might say they see other staffs handling the reports all the time; as oppose to you seeing me and Warriors. It's most likely because you just so happened to report a player when I was going through the report.

Also, staff ban people for sentinel caught you cheating to make sentinel seem good and to make themselves feel good and that's very sad.
Perhaps this can clear things up: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/capitangato-bans-for-sentinel.216898/

Oh cmon this is the worst suggestion cubecraft denies almost all helper applications even in https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-staff-history-status.209291 it says that you only have a 0.01% chance of getting accepted to helper

"0.01% of Helper applications are accepted" , that does not mean you have a 0.01% chance of having your Helper application being accepted. It means that 0.01% of all the applications sent in are accepted.

~~~

He's basically suggesting for staff to ban hackers faster when using /report
If this is the suggestion, if we were able to ban cheaters faster, we would've already done so. We do try to be as efficient as possible, that is a given.

Ok, so this thread goes both ways. Yes, /report is not particularly helpful. There are a lot of reports that come in from players and not enough staff to properly handle everything. However, the answer is not to simply remove /report again. That just means that cheaters are more likely to never be caught, not less.

If I were to boil this down to a suggestion, it would be that staff should be more transparent with how they handle reports. Seeing "automatically closed" on a report doesn't give much closure, especially since my approved report rate is quite high. Reasons why a report was closed instead of being approved/denied would be nice.
This. The main issue here would be that using /report is rather different from recording a video and making a report at reports.cubecraft.net. One is simpler, and less time consuming. While the other is more time consuming, but also gives you more options. This is also the same for how they're handled in a way, albeit we lose some flexibility with one method. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to explain why some /report were closed in game. But that isn't a thing right now, or at least not to my attention.

But if a report is closed, it's usually because:
> the reported player is offline / afk
> the reported player hasn't done anything out of ordinary in the time we spent watching them

There are also other reasons why a report may take quite a while to be dealt with, but to say the least: the conditions aren't always perfect.

~~~

Also let's try to stay on topic, and not fall into another argument, thanks : )

nnce

Jan 19, 2019
That's not true because this video proves that staff ban people for sentinel:

"0.01% of Helper applications are accepted" , that does not mean you have a 0.01% chance of having your Helper application being accepted. It means that 0.01% of all the applications sent in are accepted.
Ok but its still a low chance of getting accepted to helper

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
That's not true because this video proves that staff ban people for sentinel:
Uhm.. That video proves absolutely nothing as the person who uploaded it admitted that he edited the video..
upload_2019-7-21_10-9-17.png

So the only ''proof'' there is, is you and this person saying that Camezonda is famous for banning people with Sentinel messages.. That's it. But that's not really what you call sufficient evidence.

Ok but its still a low chance of getting accepted to helper
Yeah, yeah it is. Because CubeCraft wants good staff members. People who actually know what they're doing.
They're not gonna accept people they don't think are good.

I know CubeCraft isn't the greatest, and yeah, there's a lot to complain about. But things like this? I seriously don't understand why y'all are complaining. They want good staff members and there aren't a lot of those out there. So yeah, reports take a long time to get looked at. But would you rather have some random tryhard toxic Skywars player ban anyone who beats him and have the reports be looked at quick (and probably be looked at poorly) or have actual good staff members, and have the reports take longer.
Because I don't know about you but I'd rather have actual good staff memebers.
About Sentinel: Believe it or not but it's being worked. You're probably just too one minded to actually believe that they're working on it.
I said it before, I'll say it again.
People, myself included, warned others that adding /report would give staff a ton more work, so reports will take longer to be looked at. But y'all still wanted it. Well here we are. People are complaining that reports take too long.
Be happy everyone has acces to /report.

D

Deleted member 292706

@Rivanaul Yes everyone can report and that means I'm "happy" but what is the point of being able to /report when it does nothing...
And yes people are complaining and they'll keep complaining until they're satisfied.....
I respect that every MOD has a life, I didn't ask them to work hard anyways so don't misunderstand me.. I just wrote that thread based on true things...I didn't have any idea for any solution when I wrote it cause having more Mod's isn't an easy thing as you know so I think there's no solution at all so I wanted to give my job to the others.. I just wrote that thread based on what I thought was right and true and I was waiting the solutions from the others since I don't have...
But didn't know I'll face a lot of negativity and a lot of misunderstandings for just expressing the truth (talking in general) appreciate all your opinions anyways.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
@Rivanaul Yes everyone can report and that means I'm "happy" but what is the point of being able to /report when it does nothing...
And yes people are complaining and they'll keep complaining until they're satisfied.....
I respect that every MOD has a life, I didn't ask them to work hard anyways so don't misunderstand me.. I just wrote that thread based on true things...I didn't have any idea for any solution when I wrote it cause having more Mod's isn't an easy thing as you know so I think there's no solution at all so I wanted to give my job to the others.. I just wrote that thread based on what I thought was right and true and I was waiting the solutions from the others since I don't have...
But didn't know I'll face a lot of negativity and a lot of misunderstandings for just expressing the truth (talking in general) appreciate all your opinions anyways.
If you didn't have a solution, don't make a suggestion thread? You weren't suggesting anything.
You just admitted that you know mods have a life and that it isn't easy to get new staff members.. Yet you complain about reports not being looked at fast enough when that's literally the reason why?
I seriously don't understand the point of this thread?

They can't make /report a plus and or obsidian only perm because ranks under that will complain.
They can't give more people staff rank because it's not that easy and they want good staff members.
They can't make staff members give up their social life to 24/7 look at reports.

So what are they supposed to do? There is no other solution.
You should just deal with the fact that, yes, it takes a long time for staff to look at your report. Deal with it.
Becuase there's nothing else that can be done about it.

As I said, be happy they even added /report for everyone. Players like me warned y'all this would happen.
Sure most reports might take a long time or even get denied, but at least it's an option. So stop crying, stop complaining and move on. OR actually go make a suggestion thread that involves an actually suggestion. A good suggestion. That would actually fix the problem. And ''FiX seNtIneL'' or ''AcCePt MorE sTaFf ApPs'' isn't a good suggestion.

D

Deleted member 292706

stop complaining and move on. OR actually go make a suggestion thread that involves an actually suggestion. A good suggestion. That would actually fix the problem. And ''FiX seNtIneL'' or ''AcCePt MorE sTaFf ApPs'' isn't a good suggestion.
This may be a bad new for you but I'll not stop complaining, I'll type what's in my mind cause I can so why not..
stop crying
I advise you to watch what you're writing.

@Rivanaul I respect all your opinions and of course you can type whatever you want but at least show some respect.. not going to give an attention for your future comments.
Have a great day ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
This may be a bad new for you but I'll not stop complaining, I'll type what's in my mind cause I can so why not..
Then you shouldn't be suprised for any negative comments...

I advise you to watch what you're writing
Are you trying to say I'm the one crying?
Funny, because you are the one complaining about something that has no solution to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Thank you to everyone who ever reacted to my posts & messages! 🎉
IMG_5336.jpeg
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom