Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do people report teamgriefers?

• Total voters

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
hello everybody!

we all know this problem: people who dont know how to play, or who like to troll. some of them actually talk back, but a lot of them just ignore you or dont even read the chat. as some people already know, this is against the rules, and can be reported for "Trolling/Camping/Griefing". i was wondering tho, do people actually report others for it? and how do you feel about reporting this many people for the same reason over and over? or in case you dont report at all, why do you think its better to let it go?

i personally do report people for this, as reason its quite annoying, especially against rushers and actual team players. to be honest tho, its a lot of work when there are so many people.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I always report people for trolling/griefing. Most of the cases, people just place random towers in order to team troll. This, of course, it's not allowed.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I was thinking about making a suggestion soon about having a /report for trolling specifically for tower defense. Because I see trollers so often on that game and it's getting annoying having to film the video, upload the video, then post it on the site everytime.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I was thinking about making a suggestion soon about having a /report for trolling specifically for tower defense. Because I see trollers so often on that game and it's getting annoying having to film the video, upload the video, then post it on the site everytime.
I don't think this will work out.
For instance with hackers, they will probably keep on hacking for the upcoming hour untill a staff member reacts to the /report used on him.
For trolling tho, it is pretty hard for staff to see if the reported player is guilty when they teleport to the player later. He might be doing something else or it could be hard to see if he was the one trolling as it could have easily been someone else on the team as well. Where if you recorded the player doing it - and showed the chat where he didn't listen to you asking him to remove the tower - it is clearly visible that it was him doing it and not someone else on your team.

I guess that's why they currently only accept website reports for trolling, and I think it would be better if it stays like that.

Reactions: henryk and Shotgun

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I agree. This is why I havent said anything about the matter. But there are also trollers who just keep going game after game. And the games could last for a long time.
I don't think this will work out.
For instance with hackers, they will probably keep on hacking for the upcoming hour untill a staff member reacts to the /report used on him.
For trolling tho, it is pretty hard for staff to see if the reported player is guilty when they teleport to the player later. He might be doing something else or it could be hard to see if he was the one trolling as it could have easily been someone else on the team as well. Where if you recorded the player doing it - and showed the chat where he didn't listen to you asking him to remove the tower - it is clearly visible that it was him doing it and not someone else on your team.

I guess that's why they currently only accept website reports for trolling, and I think it would be better if it stays like that.

Reactions: henryk and Shotgun

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
I've never had a troller, which I feel has been pretty lucky. But I would always report them if I did come across one, I just find it really annoying, as most do. I think most of the reason some people don't report, is because it can take a while to fill it all out. And of course uploading the video takes a while too.

KaiChu

Feb 2, 2016
I think there should be some new features. For example, players can only place towers on the middle block of every spots. This can avoid trollers placing towers that occupy two or more spots.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I think there should be some new features. For example, players can only place towers on the middle block of every spots. This can avoid trollers placing towers that occupy two or more spots.
for some people its a strategy to place 5x5 towers on 3x3 spots, but its still seen as griefing :P but yeah, i think you're totally right!

Reactions: KaiChu

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
yeah I agree, because alot of the times there are so many people that do it, it gets annoying to have to record and upload it to the site every time

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I have reported 2 in the past 2 weeks. they are the worst
my god... i've seen many awful teammates, but these two were the most selfish ones so far. at least they're easy reports. and so true what you said at the end of your second video, it is why im losing motivation to play. its always the same story

Reactions: Anthoken

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Depends, if they seem like a new player who just doesn’t know how to play, but is trying, then no. However, if they do it on purpose, I will report.

D

Deleted member 469419

I've been long while without reporting a teamgriefer, mainly because I haven't found anyone xD.

I found few weeks ago a guy doing team killing, in fact, he killed me. But I couldn't record him because it happened so fast... However, I trust that in him won't do it again.

Anyways if you found a guy doing team killing, you have to report them because they're breaking the rules after all.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I've been long while without reporting a teamgriefer, mainly because I haven't found anyone xD.

I found few weeks ago a guy doing team killing, in fact, he killed me. But I couldn't record him because it happened so fast... However, I trust that in him won't do it again.

Anyways if you found a guy doing team killing, you have to report them because they're breaking the rules after all.
relatable, its really hard to record teamgriefers in pvp games. start your (in my case) bandicam? it will take a while, giving them a chance to kill you. if not them, theres the enemy.

D

Deleted member 469419

relatable, its really hard to record teamgriefers in pvp games. start your (in my case) bandicam? it will take a while, giving them a chance to kill you. if not them, theres the enemy.

Yeah, it's quite difficult to rec a team killer at the right time. I always recommend to have a "Auto replay mod" or something like that...

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
if report for teamgriefing isnt enough, lets not forget how toxic some people are! its insane how childish and aggressive people get over this game! for the people who dont know this: you can and should report for both teamgriefing and bad language as 2 different reports. (i've asked it on discord, staff told me this :) )

Darthkohlen

Aug 15, 2020
i recently had someone who the whole game was wining about me placing a tower on a place he did not want. the whole game he was saying i am going to report you. i found this very annoying because he only was typing and did almost not fight

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i recently had someone who the whole game was wining about me placing a tower on a place he did not want. the whole game he was saying i am going to report you. i found this very annoying because he only was typing and did almost not fight
well he cant report you if you placed everything right, it is against the rules to misplace towers tho

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
Top Bottom