Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OpeikoGamerYT

Jun 17, 2020
Norway
What do y'all think of this:
Cubecraft adding the role ''Reporter''.
Now, let me explain what it is, before you go totally bananas.

Alright so people with alot of successful reports, and respected members of the cc community, would get a prefix or role ingame, with the name reporter. Of course, you can choose to have it on or not.
How it works is that you can for example do a command; Like /instareport <NAME>. That way, the staff online/sentinel takes a really close look on the person. I think we can all agree that /sr is nonsense. It hardly works.
However in that way, reporters don't have to post any evidence or videos on YouTube to ban a person for cheating. That works way better than going into the cc threads, cutting a video, uploading it to YouTube, making a thread with evidence, and finally getting the names and cheats of the person. Way easier, right?
The reporter can also make instant reports on cc, meaning the moderators have to trust the person completely. Of course, as mentioned above, they have to be trusted and respected by the community.

Now, don't get me wrong, I also had the thought of people reporting others for fake reports. Don't worry.
The reporter role is only for people that have submitted accepted reports, already punished reports, and reports related to screen caption so you can't see all four corners of the screen. If there's a small flaw, of course that can be overlooked if you seem trustworthy enough.
CC really needs help with cheaters with all sorts of hacks, skins, bugs and other things. Players that actually play the game can now finally help CC!
To me it seems like an awesome idea, but I wanna know what you feel about it.
If you haven't read everything, please do; also please notice that my first language isn't English, so excuse my bad English.

I'm ready to hear what y'all think!

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree that the idea seems interesting and good when you first look at it or think about it. But this rank or role or whatever it would be would come with a ton of flaws, I repeat, a ton.

First of all, there is no objective way of judging someone to be ‘trustworthy’ or ‘respected’. And even if there were an objective way, like setting a minimum amount of reports, the following situation(s) may arise. Someone doesn’t just become trustworthy by having X amount of reports. Take this for instance: There is one person who has 400 successful reports and they are trusted by the community subjectively, but for the minimum to get that role you need at least 500 accepted reports (that is objective). Then there is someone who isn’t very liked by the community but has a number of reports that goes way above the minimum amount you need, say, 1000. Is the person with the most reports really the most trustworthy?

For these sorts of roles, objective requirements are needed to be set. CubeCraft can’t just randomly give away roles with certain permissions just because they like these players more than others. And even if minimum requirements are set, it will just be another thing that people look forward to getting, so they can be rewarded with something. Reporting should be done regardless of it resulting in some kinds of rewards or not. Because players report willingly, CubeCraft stays safe. But if players only get motivated to report because they want to get rewards from it... That’s just a really bad mindset and a really bad way to handle the situation.

There aren’t just people fake reporting to get free reports, but there are also players who report anyone they don’t like just because they can, or who they think is cheating just because they got beaten in a fight or something (ex: toxic players), or just reports because somebody seemed like they were cheating, but they were actually just lagging/playing well. If all these people could instantly report after reaching one mere role, then the moderators would be overloaded with unnecessary work. This is why multiple reports are necessary for it to finally be reviewed by moderators. It’s to ensure they don’t get too much on their plates and to confirm/ensure that the player is in fact cheating. Wouldn’t want to cause the helpers and moderators to stress over something unnecessary.

CubeCraft also offers the helper position for people who are passionate about keeping the server safe by reporting rulebreakers. The minimum requirements aren’t even that difficult to reach and if the applicant is passionate about it, I’m pretty sure they would have way more reports than the requirements even list. The helpers are there to report and the moderation team handles the punishments.
(ty Keanu for reminding me to put this part in my reply lol)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!
JustNathie wrote on Egg🥚's profile.