Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
EDIT: THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION.

Heyo people of the internet,
I've recently seen a lot of posts saying "add /report", "report in-game will help", etc. Here's is an explanation why a report command will never work.

NOTE: I am too lazy to do this works with bungee, since I am on my phone. This might contain errors.

First off, let's start with the basic code:
Code:
    public boolean onCommand (CommandSender sender, Command command, String commandLabel, String[] args){
        Player player = (Player) sender;

if(commandLabel.equalsIgnoreCase("report")){

for(Player p : Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers()) {

if(args.length == 1){
         if(p.hasPermission("punishment.receive")){
                p.sendMessage(ChatColor.GOLD + player.getName() + ChatColor.GREEN + " reported player " + args[0] );
player.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "Player " + args[0] + " reported.");

}else if(args.length == 0){
                    player.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "Not enough arguments! Mention the player");

}else if(args.length == 2){
                p.sendMessage(ChatColor.GOLD + player.getName() + ChatColor.GREEN + " reported player " + args[0] + "  with link " + args[1]);

/*

here the returns should go, too lazy to type

*/

If you do not understand the code, the "normal langauge" explanation is simple, this can be easily abused since it doesn't contains any "prevention". Spam will be real.

But, what will happen if we add a hashlist to prevent player repetition? Random players will still get reported. And true hackers will be only reported once.
But, what about adding a /check and /remove command? Uhh, /check for displayong reported players is useless, staff cannot go into already going matches and the list will be caothic... /remove won't work due to the caothic list.
But, what about if we add a punsihment for random reports? Random player will still get reported.

EDIT: Report with link here can also be used by spambots, useless because they will be banned, but idek

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If it ever were going to be added (small chance, I know), then first of all staff need to be able to join games that have already started, otherwise the whole command wouldn't have a point, Secondly, some kind of "list" is needed that puts the players who are reported the most on top of the list. Staff of course need to be able to see and be able to edit the list.

Rubbii

May 3, 2017
Australia M8
Or instead of a /Report command, it could be a /Watch command, so that way you type that in chat and it sends a notification to online staff to maybe go and watch that person. Also
If it ever were going to be added (small chance, I know), then first of all staff need to be able to join games that have already started, otherwise the whole command wouldn't have a point, Secondly, some kind of "list" is needed that puts the players who are reported the most on top of the list. Staff of course need to be able to see and be able to edit the list.
the whole staff not being able to join games that have already started is a factor that would make this suggestion not possible ( Please correct me if the staff can join already started games )

XX
Rubbii

Reactions: Twania

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Or instead of a /Report command, it could be a /Watch command, so that way you type that in chat and it sends a notification to online staff to maybe go and watch that person. Also

the whole staff not being able to join games that have already started is a factor that would make this suggestion not possible ( Please correct me if the staff can join already started games )

XX
Rubbii
The only game that staff can join are FFA I think. They can't join any other game that has already started in other gamemodes.

Reactions: Rubbii

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Thank you! Finally someone who explains the full reason!
If people still suggest this, then I will link them to this, cause you explain it very well. ;)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Or instead of a /Report command, it could be a /Watch command, so that way you type that in chat and it sends a notification to online staff to maybe go and watch that person.
There isn't enough staff to handle every single /watch command. Players would /watch pretty much anyone who is more skilled than them which would create thousands of false notifications and waste hours of time. And what is the difference of /report and /watch anyways? It's not like the staff would ever ban with no evidence so staff would have to follow players with either command. Either way, no. Not a good idea at all. :p

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
This all costs more work for the mods just make a report for a teamer

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom