Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Why am I stupid?
He means that you always comment on bugs: 'yep that's a bug'. So you're doing the same as what you said here:
I think they update the 'report a player' section, becuase many people are saying in the report "Yes, he's hacking.". What is (In my opinion) necropost. It is a useless post because he didn't help to maybe get more evidence of that one guy hacking. So I think that's why.
Because it's a useless post too ;).

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
This is gonna turn out in a huge flame war. :v
Which is why I'm gonna lock this before it gets worse.

On topic, what's done is done...

A. Increase the amount of reports on the same player.
B. Making it so you can't add more evidence.
C. Make it look like staff aren't doing anything.
D. Make it so offenders can't see their report, and can't submit a proper appeal.
Edit: E. YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE STICKY THREADS, so the amount of false reports wI'll sky rocket.
A. Before, there were still multiple reports on the same players. So, I don't see how this will change all that much.
B. You should still be able to add evidence to your reports (granted you won't be able to add evidence to someone else's report but you could message them and ask them to add it.
C. I've seen other servers with privatized report sections. It can make it seem like the staff aren't doing anything but you have to believe that they are doing all they can.
D. We add the links (usually youtube links for bans) to the punishment so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
E. This has been changed so there is a sub-section with at least the guidelines thread.

So, to stop this thread from becoming even more of a target fest, I'm going to lock the thread as negativity and hostility isn't needed on the forums.

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
In my opinion, this update is beneficial for the following reasons:
-It's now more organized
-Players are able to view previous reports and see which ones have gone unnoticed, thus allowing them to bump the threads and notify staff that said threads have gone unnoticed
-Completely removes the problem of comments on reports, which was problematic since reports were often breeding grounds for drama

The argument regarding being unable to add additional evidence is one that was used a while back when this change was also considered, and to be honest it's so situational that I've never seen it occur. Most players tend to add all the evidence that they have, and if another player has additional evidence then because of how many reports there are, they usually just create another thread, completely unaware that the same player had already been reported.

If offenders wish to view evidence that was used against them, then staff can still provide it. The threads are not deleted; they're inaccessible to uninvolved users.

Overall, I reckon this is a positive change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters