Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Replay Mode 🎥

Hi everyone, I think that a replay mode would be a great feature for the developers to start working on, for a few reasons;

Reporting Hackers
One of the biggest reasons for this feature would be the ease of reporting people. It's currently a struggle to have to report every game to be able to report a hacker and /sr often doesn't get the hacker banned. Being able to send reports ingame directly towards the moderators with the click of a button would make it much easier to report players. Especially for players that play on devices on which it is even harder to record these hackers (mobile, console .. )

Reporting Bugs
Bedrock often has some random bugs which probably has to do with the way the server is running. The protocol developers are doing amazing work to improve the server and fixing these issues, but it can be hard to report them and for them to replicate these bugs, because some of the issues are rare. Being able to send these reports makes it even easier for developers to see how the bug could have occurred.

Better gameplay & content
A less important reason for me personally, but still worth talking about; players and content creators would love it. I'm sure players would love to replay their gameplay and learn from their mistakes but also by seeing other players' gameplay. Content creators can create awesome edits with this feature, making cinematic shots in third person for example.
Again, I think the previous reasons are the most important ones, but this feature will definitely bring more players to CubeCraft.

CubeCraft could even add this feature to some sort of special gamepass or to the current gamemode-specific ranks so that the reports would still be manageable.

Controverse

The replay mode feature is a highly requested, but also pretty controverse topic. With one of the biggest disagreements being the amount of time it would take and the amount of resources that would have to be put into creating this whole feature. I think we have to agree that this is indeed a fair argument and should definitely be brought into attention if this feature eventually would be put into the agenda, but I personally think the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.

If we look at The Hive, a pretty big competitor to CubeCraft, we can see that they have worked a long time on this feature (about a year if I'm not mistaken) and it works amazing and players love it. It even is being used to report bugs and hackers because the replays can easily be replayed by the mods.

I personally don't agree with the fact that CubeCraft wouldn't be able to do it. CubeCraft has even more monetization than The Hive has and a great development team. Even though it wouldn't be possible within a short period of time, then that's not a problem. Not the whole team has to work on it at once and it also doesn't have to take a month. It doesn't matter if it takes a whole year.

Again, I understand the disagreements, but I think CubeCraft is the one that should be saying that it's not possible and not the players. It's worth the shot to get this feature forwarded and if the feature gets denied, then so be it. But I don't understand why we wouldn't want it, from the players perspective. :agree:

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I really want the replay mode but, Look at this.
[read the last reply]
I see, but you can't really compare CubeCraft to Hypixel in my opinion. Those numbers say nothing about CubeCraft as the size of both servers are completely different. That suggestion was not forwarded and Younisco also didn't exactly reject the suggestion, so I still think it's worth it to get this suggestion forwarded.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
i agree :agree: but it cant be for free...
I also think that not everyone should have access to it, just to keep the reports manageable and to keep it special. They can include it in the gamemode-specific ranks for example or create an extra gamepass for it, but I think CubeCraft can decide that the best themselves.

• Love
Reactions: mismut

nfm24

Jan 29, 2022
Replay Mode 🎥

Hi everyone, I think that a replay mode would be a great feature for the developers to start working on, for a few reasons;

Reporting Hackers
One of the biggest reasons for this feature would be the ease of reporting people. It's currently a struggle to have to report every game to be able to report a hacker and /sr often doesn't get the hacker banned. Being able to send reports ingame directly towards the moderators with the click of a button would make it much easier to report players. Especially for players that play on devices on which it is even harder to record these hackers (mobile, console .. )

Reporting Bugs
Bedrock often has some random bugs which probably has to do with the way the server is running. The protocol developers are doing amazing work to improve the server and fixing these issues, but it can be hard to report them and for them to replicate these bugs, because some of the issues are rare. Being able to send these reports makes it even easier for developers to see how the bug could have occurred.

A less important reason for me personally, but still worth talking about; players and content creators would love it. I'm sure players would love to replay their gameplay and learn from their mistakes but also by seeing other players' gameplay. Content creators can create awesome edits with this feature, making cinematic shots in third person for example.
Again, I think the previous reasons are the most important ones, but this feature will definitely bring more players to CubeCraft.

CubeCraft could even add this feature to some sort of special gamepass or to the current gamemode-specific ranks so that the reports would still be manageable.

Controverse

The replay mode feature is a highly requested, but also pretty controverse topic. With one of the biggest disagreements being the amount of time it would take and the amount of resources that would have to be put into creating this whole feature. I think we have to agree that this is indeed a fair argument and should definitely be brought into attention if this feature eventually would be put into the agenda, but I personally think the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.

If we look at The Hive, a pretty big competitor to CubeCraft, we can see that they have worked a long time on this feature (about a year if I'm not mistaken) and it works amazing and players love it. It even is being used to report bugs and hackers because the replays can easily be replayed by the mods.

I personally don't agree with the fact that CubeCraft wouldn't be able to do it. CubeCraft has even more monetization than The Hive has and a great development team. Even though it wouldn't be possible within a short period of time, then that's not a problem. Not the whole team has to work on it at once and it also doesn't have to take a month. It doesn't matter if it takes a whole year.

Again, I understand the disagreements, but I think CubeCraft is the one that should be saying that it's not possible and not the players. It's worth the shot to get this feature forwarded and if the feature gets denied, then so be it. But I don't understand why we wouldn't want it, from the players perspective. :agree:
i agree with this i hope they add this replay mode i think it will be a good idea like hive

jeroeneenmeme

Mar 19, 2021
Replay Mode 🎥

Reporting Hackers

Reporting Bugs

Controverse

Again, I understand the disagreements, but I think CubeCraft is the one that should be saying that it's not possible and not the players. It's worth the shot to get this feature forwarded and if the feature gets denied, then so be it. But I don't understand why we wouldn't want it, from the players perspective.​
A replay mode would be amazing to be honest. Just the fact that it will be easier to ban hackers, and more hackers will be banned from the server is a huge improvement. Just like pieterpeer said replay mode would also improve finding bugs and improve content creating. Cubecraft should look into this as soon as possible, because it will make a huge difference for the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom