Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya everyone!
I have a simple suggestion that I think will greatly improve Duels. This is to completely remove the Volcano map from it.

• Opponents will just run around the map until timeout
• On Archer they just hide and run
• It slows down gameplay and is unenjoyable to play on

Fixes-

I think to solve this, the map should just be removed. It would make duels a lot more streamlined and a more enjoyable experience, better for us all.

Let me know what you think in the comments and make sure to either agree ✅ or disagree ❌!

Last edited:

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
if they remove volcano they need to remove that snow and ice map too
btw put it to suggestions
Oh sorry I thought this was in Feedback and Suggestion! The ice map isn’t as much of a problem as volcano as you can climb the obstacles without too much trouble
P.S mods do ya mind switching this to suggestions plz?

Reactions: JokeKaedee

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya everyone!
I have a simple suggestion that I think will greatly improve Duels. This is to completely remove the Volcano map from it.
————————————————————
On duels there is a volcano map, as some may be aware it has recently been edited to have barrier blocks. It looks like a lovely map, beautifully made but sadly that is far from the truth when it comes to gameplay.

If an opponent knows what they are doing and they are losing a fight, they will constantly run around the corners of the map, darting and weaving through the corners of the volcano. This makes it near-impossible to catch up, let alone fight them!

Because of the way the corners are placed, you either have to try and cut the opponent up at an opening or just chase them, both are equally useless unless by luck the opponent stumbles upon you. This leaves you with two options: wait for the opponent to come to you or chase them down. I’ve tried both and they are equally fruitless.

This is worst when the kit Archer comes into play. An opponent will just run and run and run, leaving you with a few pot-shots at them as they become targetable.
This map makes duels an unenjoyable experience as most games with it are just times out to a draw. It also is awkward when grinding duels as games take ages to finish and even then don’t produce a clear victory.

Conclusion-

I think to solve this, the map should just be removed. It would make duels a lot more streamlined and a more enjoyable experience, better for us all.

Let me know what you think in the comments and make sure to either agree ✅ or disagree ❌!
Hiya everyone!
————————————————————
On duels there is a volcano map, as some may be aware it has recently been edited to have barrier blocks. It looks like a lovely map, beautifully made but sadly that is far from the truth when it comes to gameplay.

If an opponent knows what they are doing and they are losing a fight, they will constantly run around the corners of the map, darting and weaving through the corners of the volcano. This makes it near-impossible to catch up, let alone fight them!

Because of the way the corners are placed, you either have to try and cut the opponent up at an opening or just chase them, both are equally useless unless by luck the opponent stumbles upon you. This leaves you with two options: wait for the opponent to come to you or chase them down. I’ve tried both and they are equally fruitless.

This is worst when the kit Archer comes into play. An opponent will just run and run and run, leaving you with a few pot-shots at them as they become targetable.
This map makes duels an unenjoyable experience as most games with it are just times out to a draw. It also is awkward when grinding duels as games take ages to finish and even then don’t produce a clear victory.

Conclusion-

Quite a few disagrees here, is the whole people running away not a problem for anyone else?

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I partly agree, but what could they replace the map with? Also, maybe you're just unlucky with annoying opponents? Even so, I give it a :agree:.
I wouldn’t replace it immediately, just wait until duels gets new maps. Originally I thought I have just had bad opponents but I’ve fought many, many players on it and it’s a pretty common thing.

Reactions: BurntCrown8876

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
My Guinea pigs' cage EU#12
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya everyone!

• Opponents will just run around the map until timeout
• On Archer they just hide and run
• It slows down gameplay and is unenjoyable to play on

Fixes-

Yeah I played on it today and when i tried to get up the volcano I couldn't

• Sad
Reactions: BurntCrown8876

TenCookies

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2021
Jerusalem
Quite a few disagrees here, is the whole people running away not a problem for anyone else?
Well, it's a good-looking map and personally, I enjoy fighting on it (when the opponent doesn't run away of course).
I don't think the problem you raised justifies completely removing it. Instead of deleting the map, I'd suggest finding a solution to the problem, such as modifying the volcano pillars. Wouldn't that be better?

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, it's a good-looking map and personally, I enjoy fighting on it (when the opponent doesn't run away of course).
I don't think the problem you raised justifies completely removing it. Instead of deleting the map, I'd suggest finding a solution to the problem, such as modifying the volcano pillars. Wouldn't that be better?
Yeah I had considered that but that would involve changing the corners in a way. That would be awkward and would look pretty bad but it might work

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom