Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 486292

bedrock has this weird quirk where theres a slight delay when throwing projectiles. Im referring to 2 different things when I say "delay" and "cooldown" though. If youve ever shot arrows/thrown snowballs in java edition, you know that they are a lot smoother than in bedrock. In java edition they throw instantly and dont have a cooldown, essentially allowing you to throw them as fast as you click. The pvp community has welcomed this feature in open arms and its used on many skywars servers, and of course, cubecraft java edition.

The problem is that bedrock doesnt have this. If the bedrock network is preparing to change knockback, then it only makes sense that projectiles are changed to accommodate as well.

Currently, in the bedrock server this delay and cooldown prevents us from using snowballs and eggs like fishing rods. It takes too long to throw the projectile to knock a player back because of the delay, and the cooldown between throwing each projectile makes it hard to keep them knocked back. I think changing projectiles to behave more like java edition would be a really nice pvp feature for the bedrock network.

Here is an example of snowballs/eggs on bedrock:

Theyre slow, and have a roughly ~100ms delay before they throw. The cooldown makes it even slower despite me clicking as fast as I can. Not well optimized for pvp

Here is a clip from java edition.

the projectiles throw instantly, and there is no cooldown, really good for pvp

I would really like to see cubecraft bedrock mimic the java behavior, especially when they release the new knockback beta server soon. I think it would make PVP a lot more fun and competitive. Same goes for shooting arrows on bedrock.

Reactions: xFqbian and jpts

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
I don't think this is something CubeCraft can fix, and honestly, I don't really mind of this small detail. In fact, you shouldn't compare Minecraft Bedrock to Minecraft Java as they are totally different Minecraft versions.

D

Deleted member 486292

I don't think this is something CubeCraft can fix, and honestly, I don't really mind of this small detail. In fact, you shouldn't compare Minecraft Bedrock to Minecraft Java as they are totally different Minecraft versions.
just because you dont mind the small detail doesnt mean it isnt worth trying to fix. and why would you say its not possible to change?

Reactions: wxzzrd

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
just because you dont mind the small detail doesnt mean it isnt worth trying to fix. and why would you say its not possible to change?
Because Bedrock was designed to be as it is now, and I don't think it's something the servers can fix.

D

Deleted member 486292

It makes a lot of sense. Imagine CubeCraft creating new blocks in Minecraft Java without any resourcepack. It's impossible, right?
what? what does changing the BEHAVIOR of snowballs and eggs have to do with resource packs? it isnt creating anything new, just modifying existing properties.

Reactions: wxzzrd

YahirplaysMC123

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2019
Haines City FL
bedrock has this weird quirk where theres a slight delay when throwing projectiles. Im referring to 2 different things when I say "delay" and "cooldown" though. If youve ever shot arrows/thrown snowballs in java edition, you know that they are a lot smoother than in bedrock. In java edition they throw instantly and dont have a cooldown, essentially allowing you to throw them as fast as you click. The pvp community has welcomed this feature in open arms and its used on many skywars servers, and of course, cubecraft java edition.

The problem is that bedrock doesnt have this. If the bedrock network is preparing to change knockback, then it only makes sense that projectiles are changed to accommodate as well.

Currently, in the bedrock server this delay and cooldown prevents us from using snowballs and eggs like fishing rods. It takes too long to throw the projectile to knock a player back because of the delay, and the cooldown between throwing each projectile makes it hard to keep them knocked back. I think changing projectiles to behave more like java edition would be a really nice pvp feature for the bedrock network.

Here is an example of snowballs/eggs on bedrock:

Theyre slow, and have a roughly ~100ms delay before they throw. The cooldown makes it even slower despite me clicking as fast as I can. Not well optimized for pvp

Here is a clip from java edition.

the projectiles throw instantly, and there is no cooldown, really good for pvp

I would really like to see cubecraft bedrock mimic the java behavior, especially when they release the new knockback beta server soon. I think it would make PVP a lot more fun and competitive. Same goes for shooting arrows on bedrock.
This is hard to change since i think the throwing cooldown is client side not server side. Not saying its impossible, but im pretty sure this is hardcoded into the minecraft bedrock edition.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
This is actually interesting I think this should happen (pls don’t ban me for necro it’s only been 22 days you can surely let it slide I want this thread revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom