Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
maybe for bedrock then...
when i play java it tells me the accurate ping that i have!
Yep, On bedrock sometimes it works, tho only when I have 500+ ping. For example, If I have 150 like most time it just says I have 0, however If I have 500 or more then its accurate idk its just broken

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
So first of all why is this escalated? It is 29 vs 3 votes. Makes no sense

About the actual suggestion. Please no, don't remove this amazing feature. If I want to check my ping I can do so easily. If not I have to get other mods/clients such as Labymod. And I dont know if those mods are reliable.
What I do know with laby is that there is a delay. If I have a lagg spike laby takes a few seconds to update. /ping is how your ping is now.

Recently they added that you can check someone else's ping with /ping <ign>. Yes this might create toxicity if people are laughing, but people will be toxic anyways towards laggers, with or without /ping.
People are also toxic towards people who buy punch bows(EW), people who use speed pots (SW), use strength pots (Assi), or shop in FFA. should we remove those features too because toxicity? Definitely not.

People will always be toxic and removing this amazing comamnd that works (for the most part) will only decrease toxicity a little. The Pro's outweigh the cons, and that is how most people think about it as seen by the poll.

So it is a no from me, if someone is toxic you can just /ignore them, and if it is Major toxicity you can report them

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
So first of all why is this escalated? It is 29 vs 3 votes. Makes no sense
And there was a thread about adding custom shop that had 45 yes and 1 no and that one didnt get escalated, then how come this one is escalated bruuuuuuuuuuh

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
I disagree with those stating this would promote toxicity. It already happens regardless.. Being able to do /ping doesn’t actually promote people to be more toxic/cause people to bully others. Because there will be always people that confront you about your ping even if they can’t see the numbers/green bars next to your name.

I always use LabyMod, but unfortunately I’m unable to report rulebreakers with LabyMod. That’s why when I want to do report people, I always have to play on either forge or lunar. There are many people that don’t use clients like lunar, badlion, labymod & 5zig, so it comes in handy when they’re able to do /ping when they wanna find out wether they’re cheating or not, or just to check their connection.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I completely agree, there is really no reason you would ever want to see someone elses ping, unless it was to either justify loosing because they have high ping or to call them a lagger. /ping should stay because it is useful to see your ping but /ping [username] should not as it has 0 positive effect, even if the negative effect is small it would be better to get rid of it

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
I completely agree, there is really no reason you would ever want to see someone elses ping, unless it was to either justify loosing because they have high ping or to call them a lagger. /ping should stay because it is useful to see your ping but /ping [username] should not as it has 0 positive effect, even if the negative effect is small it would be better to get rid of it
if you think someone is cheating and you cant look at their ping there will be mass more reports of just laggers getting reported lol if i think someone is hacking and he has 999 ping then its just his lagg

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I actually like it quite a lot, as sometimes I suspect people of cheating but make sure to check their ping before reporting them considering it might just be a bad connection.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Its not there on bedrock so i cant give my opinion but i would say keep it cause then you cant report people cuz u think theyre cheating while really theyre just lagging

Reactions: Mivke
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom